Any CMP garands come in lately?

I called CMP yesterday. They said that they are working on the backorders right now. And that by my order date mine should be on the next shipment.

Jarhead,

What order date and what did you order. I have a 2/12/02 in house order
DBU 35 days later 3/19/09 I ordered it was 90/120 day wait

I got the backorder news on 5/13/09 when they shipped out my ammo that was ordered through the mail at the same time.

Garand came in this morning!!!!!!!

2/12/09 ordered a CMP Springfield Armoury Service Grade 5/13/09 had a backorder notice. Last night got the email......your SA SG will be in by 10:30am friday[smile][smile][smile]

Pics are as is out of the box. The wood is a bit rough, I like it that way.
From the garands I looked at locally for twice the price and more. I am happy with what I see. mid 50s production from what I can tell. have not the chance to check it out through and through. cleaning it tonight.

bore looks very good.

2/12/09 ordered a CMP Springfield Armoury Service Grade 5/13/09 had a backorder notice. Last night got the email......your SA SG will be in by 10:30am friday[smile][smile][smile]

Pics are as is out of the box. The wood is a bit rough, I like it that way.
From the garands I looked at locally for twice the price and more. I am happy with what I see. mid 50s production from what I can tell. have not the chance to check it out through and through. cleaning it tonight.

bore looks very good.

Nice, its been a year since I got my CMP Garand and I have been very happy with it.

so far as I been cleaning and going through it...all SA parts. Where do you find out what stock you have?

I got a Garand a few months ago. It is great, except I have had trouble with a (very) light strike a couple of times. I just took the trigger group apart to clean it, and found the trigger pin is kind of bent. I just ordered a new one from someplace online, and hopefully that plus a new hammer spring will solve this problem.

Well I shot the Garrand this week and I love it.

Man, don't they grease the s#it out of it. There was grease litterally running out of it. So now it totally apart and getting a good cleaning.

Well I shot the Garrand this week and I love it.

Man, don't they grease the s#it out of it. There was grease litterally running out of it. So now it totally apart and getting a good cleaning.

Yeah I found that when I took apart the trigger group, it was full of cosmoline. I think the best thing to do (and what I did with the m1 carbine) was to take off all the wood and soak the metal parts in mineral spirits, and then lubricate everything from scratch.

Here are a couple photos of the Garand I received last month.

akgar1phtos003.jpg

akgar1phtos005.jpg

akgar1phtos001.jpg

akgar1phtos004.jpg

Yeah I found that when I took apart the trigger group, it was full of cosmoline. I think the best thing to do (and what I did with the m1 carbine) was to take off all the wood and soak the metal parts in mineral spirits, and then lubricate everything from scratch.

My CMP Garand and Carbine were both pretty clean, very little cosmoline.
My Mauser and Mosin Nagant on the other hand.........
Nothing like a hot rifle sweating cosmo after a few rounds.

CMP order placed ~Feb. 17th 2009 I believe,
Received by CMP on March 31, 2009

A Correct Grade SA M1 Garand has been delivered today.

Still missing a Service Grade SA M1 Garand rifle and 2 orders of 30-06.

Back
Top Bottom