Antis to stage Starbucks Boycott on Valentine's Day

Does anyone know which one will have a large amount of antis there? I don't want to go to the one near me if I'll be the only guy making a statement.

Does anyone know which one will have a large amount of antis there? I don't want to go to the one near me if I'll be the only guy making a statement.

I was thinking the same. Probably one in Boston (just a guess).

Some NES member needs to volunteer and infiltrate their forum. this is not a task that any NES member can perform, it will be a tough task, having to go a few minutes or hours reading their Anti-gun crap.

Who wants to volunteer?

Last edited:
I'll drop my daughters off at McCarthy at 745, be at SB by 8. I'll be wearing my Appleseeds shirt. Maybe I'll grab a tray of pastries, bring a book...

So it's semi-official, Chelmsford/Lowell area hang at Drum Hill SB starting at 8am... Maybe we can keep somebody there all day:)
Coyote Hunter said:
I'll be supporting my local Starbucks in drum hill that morning...

Sounds good to me I'll be there at 8 with my smith and wesson hoodie, I'll be able to stay for a couple hours until I have to head into work

Barring somebody volunteering to organize an Open Carry coffee klatsch at the one in Nashua, I'll be at Drum Hill around 9AM.

I will be in Starbucks for sure that day, I have actually started drinking it more than Dunkin Donuts when I don't brew at home. As far as there coffee prices go for a regular cup of coffee its around the same price as DD and the quality is always much more consistent.

From NGVAC gunvictumaction.org -
But safety is not their concern. The real
reason they oppose this is their fear that if the government knows who has
guns, the government can them take them away.

But they do not take into account that if the government wanted your guns
they do not need to know who owns them. The government would pass a law
that all guns had to be turned in in 60 days and anyone not turning them in
would go to jail for 20 years and be fined $1,000,000 dollars. Then they
would make anyone who knew someone that had not turned the gun in an
accomplice and they would go to jail for 10 years and be fined $500,000.
Finally, the government would bribe people to turn in the names of people
who still had guns. But these simple minded gun owners do not think of
these kinds of these logical threads.

These guys are scary [thinking]

Last edited:
But they do not take into account that if the government wanted your guns they do not need to know who owns them. The government would pass a law that all guns had to be turned in in 60 days and anyone not turning them in would go to jail for 20 years and be fined $1,000,000 dollars. Then they would make anyone who knew someone that had not turned the gun in an accomplice and they would go to jail for 10 years and be fined $500,000. Finally, the government would bribe people to turn in the names of people who still had guns. But these simple minded gun owners do not think of these kinds of these logical threads.
They ought to try applying that logic to eliminating marijuana grow ops. OTOH, without pot, these simple-minded hoplophones would not be able to think along these 'logical' threads either.

I was thinking the same. Probably one in Boston (just a guess).

There's a Starbucks like every couple blocks in Boston. [laugh]

That said... I guess I'll swing by StarBucks near work... close to two of them... both of them in Newton. Heh.

- HP

While "crossing the line" would be fun I am going to give them some extra sales for the day. I never go to Starbucks but will make a trip or two protesters or not.

376507_215636188514807_105960399482387_471782_1298505012_n.jpg

Perfect.

Merge this with that thread!

NES meet and greet at a Starbucks? someone will need to buy some coffee.

Even if they didnt like guns, could they do anything about it? They could put up a sign and try to kick you out, but thats about it, right?

In some states, signs put up by owners of private property carry the same weight as if it was written in the law.

these guys are terribly misinformed, cracks me up

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry."

I don't drink coffee and have idea where a starbucks is near me in Brockton but i will find one either near home or work and give them my business.

these guys are terribly misinformed, cracks me up

AHHHH, killing my brain. In the last 10 years the brits have had almost a 100% increase in gun related crime, and it's well known that knife crime is crazy high there.

We have 300mil+ people, they have 51mil. 1/6th our size, so the 97% value is trash. As for the 375 gun homicides? I couldn't find that value ANYWHERE.

sonofa...

Thought I would share my email to Starbucks and the response I recieved from them

Dear Debra,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us regarding this issue. At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states.

Again, thank you for the continued support, I will notify our management department of your approval.
Thanks again for writing us, your feedback is crucial to our success. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Warm Regards,

Althea M
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

Visit us at starbucks.com
Manage your account at starbucks.com/account
Got an idea? Share it at My Starbucks Idea
Contact us at starbucks.com/customer-service
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

We would love to hear your feedback. Click here to take a short survey.

--- Original Message ---
Received: 1/24/12 4:45:42 PM MST
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: other

I wanted to say kudos to your company for standing up for our civil rights. I understand that on Valentine's Day an anti-gun group is going to be protesting at locations across the country. My friends and I heard about this and we will make sure that we patronize your store on that day (with a Pro 2A piece of apparel) to show our suppot for your company (even those cavemen who don't like your coffee). I love your coffee!

=========================================================

Name: Debra Grumbach

Thought I would share my email to Starbucks and the response I recieved from them

Dear Debra,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us regarding this issue. At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states.

Again, thank you for the continued support, I will notify our management department of your approval.
Thanks again for writing us, your feedback is crucial to our success. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Warm Regards,

Althea M
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

Visit us at starbucks.com
Manage your account at starbucks.com/account
Got an idea? Share it at My Starbucks Idea
Contact us at starbucks.com/customer-service
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

We would love to hear your feedback. Click here to take a short survey.

--- Original Message ---
Received: 1/24/12 4:45:42 PM MST
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: other

I wanted to say kudos to your company for standing up for our civil rights. I understand that on Valentine's Day an anti-gun group is going to be protesting at locations across the country. My friends and I heard about this and we will make sure that we patronize your store on that day (with a Pro 2A piece of apparel) to show our suppot for your company (even those cavemen who don't like your coffee). I love your coffee!

=========================================================

Name: Debra Grumbach

I got a similar response to my email. I am still surprised by Starbucks pro 2A stance considering their image as a hipster, trendy coffee snob hangout.

Dear Debra,

Thanks for sharing. Starbucks isn't taking a strong stance on behalf of 2A. That second paragraph could be included in an email response to an anti. Seems like they are walking that thin line of: try not to offend anyone.

But that said, the result is they are currently on our side of the line, even if by simply claiming to "abide by the laws". And if they hold up, Starbucks will take the heat that we're used to taking. If they crumble, it will be a busy morning at DD.

AHHHH, killing my brain. In the last 10 years the brits have had almost a 100% increase in gun related crime, and it's well known that knife crime is crazy high there.

We have 300mil+ people, they have 51mil. 1/6th our size, so the 97% value is trash. As for the 375 gun homicides? I couldn't find that value ANYWHERE.

sonofa...

Stop confusing the issue with facts...

Back
Top Bottom