Antis to stage Starbucks Boycott on Valentine's Day

I don't drink coffee but if there are any douchebags demonstrating on the west boyleston street sbucs I'll be glad to walk by them with my glock hat on and buy something

I don't usually go to Starbucks but I will on the 14th.

Anyone for a Cape Cod Meet and greet? There's a Starbucks down the street from me in Falmouth, But the one at the foot of the Bourne Bridge may be easier for may folks.

What do you Say?

Yeah, got to have the hipster look for Diesel. I have a pair of "cool" sunglasses that I wear [rockon]

Somerville people: davemata and I are meeting at the Starbucks in Davis Sq (Elm St) around 7:30-7:45. Post here or PM if you are joining.

How long will you guys be there? I'll try to make it, but probably can't be there that early.

The leader of this boycott claims his Monte Carlo simulations show a 90% probability of lowering Starbucks share price to a level that owners would find unacceptable.

I would love to see what went into this model.

How long will you guys be there? I'll try to make it, but probably can't be there that early.

I'll be there probably until my laptop battery gives out, or around 2pm. I'm going to play at being a college student and work from there.

I'll probably be there from 7:30-8:30, and definitely leave before 9:00. Al, if you're going to show up later, PM me so I know, then I can run down for a little Starbucks break [smile]

I'll drop my daughters off at McCarthy at 745, be at SB by 8. I'll be wearing my Appleseeds shirt. Maybe I'll grab a tray of pastries, bring a book...

So it's semi-official, Chelmsford/Lowell area hang at Drum Hill SB starting at 8am... Maybe we can keep somebody there all day:)

I will see you guys there. I think I will wear my GOAL Shoot BQ shirt with the scary black rifle on the front!

The leader of this boycott claims his Monte Carlo simulations show a 90% probability of lowering Starbucks share price to a level that owners would find unacceptable.

I would love to see what went into this model.

I'm holding my breath for the peer reviewed journal paper.

I may have to break my longstanding vow to myself and go into a Starbucks on that day to get a Grande Mocha Frappacino Yuppie latte type thingy...just to piss of an Anti...

I think it's great that many of the members here are throwing their support behind Starbucks. I plan to also. I actually like the coffee there but in reality there isn't one nearby me when I'm in need. I find it more than comical that the boycott starts on Valentines day. Why not start right now? Pretty lame you have to wait some number of days before you can wrap your head around not having Starbucks to support your cause. If you believe in your cause why would you spend one more cent in that place? If I read the story correctly the boycott starts on Valentines day. I'll be sure to send off an email to Starbucks informing them of my support and when I can spend money there gladly.

I thought I would share the response that I received from my thank you note to Starbucks concerning their stance on open carry and the impending boycott:

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,

Kelsey F

Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 STARBUC (782-7282)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

I will be sure to stop into the Auburn, Ma Starbucks after work on V-day, perhaps around 5:30ish, wearing my spikes tactical shirt. Anyone care to join?

I was going to stop at the Central Ave shop in Worcester on the way home, but I work in Auburn so you can count me in.

They have lots of different non-coffee beverages, so there is really something for everyone. I have to figure out where there is one new me. I can't think of one offhand.

376507_215636188514807_105960399482387_471782_1298505012_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom