Anti-gun press event at the State House today?

kalash

NES Member
Walked up to the Common at lunch just now and there was some sort of event going on towards the State House side. Female speaker (I'm guessing Maura) was talking about how the evil NRA wants current laws enforced and that's exactly what she's doing. I had to make a call so I didn't walk over there until it was basically over but I saw Markey in front of the cameras. Didn't see any GOAL posters or anything and can't seem to find any info (GOAL site isn't loading on my stupid phone). Anyone know what was going on exactly and why today?

Walked up to the Common at lunch just now and there was some sort of event going on towards the State House side. Female speaker (I'm guessing Maura) was talking about how the evil NRA wants current laws enforced and that's exactly what she's doing. I had to make a call so I didn't walk over there until it was basically over but I saw Markey in front of the cameras. Didn't see any GOAL posters or anything and can't seem to find any info (GOAL site isn't loading on my stupid phone). Anyone know what was going on exactly and why today?

Someone check the Glob and see if she published another opinion piece?

Been checking the news. Nothing about this particular event, but I did find out that Healey got slapped with a subpoena from a federal judge in Texas yesterday regarding the ExxonMobil bullshit.

http://newbostonpost.com/2016/10/14/discovery-order-issued-to-healey-in-exxonmobil-probe/

Wonder if she plans to ignore this one as well. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I guess this answers that question...

U9n1Uj3.jpg

g8mGrfQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/maura_healey?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

More here.... https://twitter.com/hashtag/VocalMajority?src=hash

Last edited:
The Will of the Majority does not Trump (intended) the Rights of Individuals. When it does, it's called Tyranny, and that's what the Second Amendment protects Individuals from. So **** off with your Vocal Majority bullshit.

Last edited:
There were maybe 60 people there at best and most seemed to be BPD, security, media, etc.

Wish I'd known, I would have walked up and given her some boos.
I wanted to but at the same time I couldn't afford to get a pat-down from some overzealous cop or security guard.

Yea, I'm fronting bigtime. :) I doubt I would have done anything more than disapproving looks and some thumbs down.

The other part is the possibility of being mistaken for a supporter. Because you know she would never actually listen to anything you said. Plus you don't want to contribute to the body count and have the media pretend you actually support this bullshit.

Contact every media outlet that carried the story and let them know that this is exactly why we think they are biased. Ignore 5k but pay attention to 50.

I was going to reply with this picture, but I'm not sure the etiquette involved with posting pics of others. (Even if the event was in a public space.)

@maura_healey Thousands protested your illegal diktat. I see about 25 in yr supposed Vocal Majority #TechnicalFoulHealey #HealeyHurtsFamiles
Pro2ARally.jpg

AG Maura Healey: We will win gun lawsuit

BOSTON — Attorney General Maura Healey on Friday predicted that she will win a lawsuit filed by a national gun rights group over her interpretation of the state's assault weapons ban.

This summer, Healey angered gun rights supporters when she interpreted a ban on assault weapons to make illegal certain types of guns that are similar to assault weapons. Around 10,000 of those so-called "copycat" assault weapons were sold last year in Massachusetts.

More @ http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/ag_maura_healey_we_will_win_gu.html

They have a tour bus, makes me wonder how many of those in attendance were part of Giffords traveling entourage.

WPQJYOg.jpg

U9n1Uj3.jpg

It's actually good to see her teaming up with Gabby. Between the two of them they should have enough material for one whole brain, so maybe there's hope yet.

I'm so pissed I didn't see this earlier. I have a great 2A shirt and would be happy to model it for these bozos.

The "vocal majority"?!...Someone should send them a pic of our rally in that spot, lol

eta https://www.facebook.com/MauraHealeyMA/videos/1189753191113950/

these folks dont need the numbers per say..... they are constant nag in the side of gov. They dont give up they dont stop... plus many are buddy buddy with the elected elite...

we the people who would like to side with the Constitution, 2nd and such dont seem to have the money or the political officials with any testicle fortitude to stand up against the machine...

Last edited:
The only people gun control helps are tyrants, terrorists, criminals and madmen. That's why all of them support gun control.

these folks dont need the numbers per say..... they are constant nag in the side of gov. They dont give up they dont stop... plus many are buddy buddy with the elected elite...

This is something our side needs to do. We are also sorely lacking in use of social media. Could be just that gun owners are older fuddy-duds than young people with phones, generally speaking.

She is feeling enough heat to have to hold a press event. Very interesting. Should be even more interesting that the shooting in east Boston was by someone who did not have a permit and yet she is coming down on legal gun owners who followed the laws. Laws she changed on a whim and is unconstitutional. Sorry Maura by 18 years of precedence by a half dozen former attorney generals does not bode well for you

- - - Updated - - -

This is something our side needs to do. We are also sorely lacking in use of social media. Could be just that gun owners are older fuddy-duds than young people with phones, generally speaking.

Most people work during the day. "Activists"'don't

Back
Top Bottom