Anti-gun press event at the State House today?

It's disappointing that an event like this can happen and not hear a word about it from GOAL as far as organizing a counter protest. Or did I not get that email?

Like Mike S says, this wasn't a big oompa loompa w/sousaphones anti gun parade, I would wager a guess this whole thing was conducted internally to those anti orgs.... an easy 50% of the people you see in that picture they posted are clingons that are paid by MAIG/MDA/etc to ride on that bus hawking their BS. Most low level antis are mind numbingly stupid, but the ones spending the money, not so much. They know that gun owners in this state are 110% pissed off right now, and that if they went public with their BS too far in advance, that there would be a shitload of gadsden flags and anti-healy signs in that picture as well. (my guess is they wouldn't even have taken the picture, just scurried onto that bus and left).

-Mike

Probably because unless one gets a personal invite, or actively follows the FaceBook page or Twitter feed of all the anti-gun groups out there, you'll never know about it until it's too late.

From appearances I doubt that even happened, this was pretty low key. A lot of pro RKBA folks are subscribed to anti shitbird groups and feeds like that, explicitly for that purpose- and if they saw it they would have called GOAL and probably shown up here to post about it, or in one of the MA FB gun groups. My guess is the notification consisted of a limited mailing which was probably extended to a handful of high-level antis and some douchebag pols that support them. I would bet that even other non-involved pols at the state house didn't know this was happening.

This is what we call an "invitation only dog and pony show" at its finest.

-Mike

Last edited:
Probably because unless one gets a personal invite, or actively follows the FaceBook page or Twitter feed of all the anti-gun groups out there, you'll never

know about it until it's too late.

They don't have anything close to resembling a web forum like this (or the dozens of other state and local pro-2'ndA groups out there), nor do

they (or seldom ever), make a public announcement well in advance.

And for all the anti groups out there, Giffords group ranks pretty low when compared to other more well known and publicized ones.

Following anti gun group activities in MA and devising ways to counteract their message is exactly what I expect GOAL to do. And Giffords group is huge. She's a gun control poster child in the headlines wherever she pops up. Meanwhile GOAL is...promoting a raffle?

From appearances I doubt that even happened, this was pretty low key. A lot of pro RKBA folks are subscribed to anti shitbird groups and feeds like that, explicitly for that purpose- and if they saw it they would have called GOAL and probably shown up here to post about it, or in one of the MA FB gun groups. My guess is the notification consisted of a limited mailing which was probably extended to a handful of high-level antis and some douchebag pols that support them. I would bet that even other non-involved pols at the state house didn't know this was happening.

This is what we call an "invitation only dog and pony show" at its finest.

-Mike

God I hope so.

Following anti gun group activities in MA and devising ways to counteract their message is exactly what I expect GOAL to do. And Giffords group is huge. She's a gun control poster child in the headlines wherever she pops up. Meanwhile GOAL is...promoting a raffle?

Don't shit on GOAL for this one. No one had any advance notice, and was mentioned, this was clearly organized behind closed doors. Every person in that picture is likely a paid shill or part of Gifford's happy club of half-brains. Her group really isn't that large compared to most of the others. It's just one of many, and mostly her shit has been peddled outside of the Commiewealth.

Back
Top Bottom