• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Tourist Arrested in NYC with Guns

The New York Post reports Fred Vankirk, 59, of Columbus, was arrested at about 11 a.m. Saturday after cops found two .357 Magnum pistols and a .45 semiautomatic in his room at a Midtown-area hotel.

Police were notified of the guns‘ presence by a maid who came in to clean the man’s room. She spotted one of the revolvers sitting on a table and notified security, who notified police.

Ankirk, however, does have a permit for his guns — in Ohio. But in New York City — where gun laws are some of the strictest in the country — it’s doubtful that will be a valid defense.

Link

"If convicted, he could face a sentence of five to 15 years for each count, which would be served concurrently"..... He is 59, his life would be over if he went to jail for 15 years. Why do any gun owner go to NYC? S**t, I thought mass was bad.

"If convicted, he could face a sentence of five to 15 years for each count, which would be served concurrently"..... He is 59, his life would be over if he went to jail for 15 years. Why do any gun owner go to NYC? S**t, I thought mass was bad.

Visit Harlem? You do need to pack heavy to roam in Harlem's street as a tourist.

What an idiot for leaving one in plain sight. Jack.

He is an idiot, yes.... but that Maid is a bigger idiot. Why can't people just leave other people's s**t alone? dust around it or something. Oh wait, I'm forgetting, this is NYC... where everyone breaks out into PSH at the mere sight of anything that looks like a gun. [sad2]

-Mike

He is an idiot, yes.... but that Maid is a bigger idiot. Why can't people just leave other people's s**t alone? dust around it or something. Oh wait, I'm forgetting, this is NYC... where everyone breaks out into PSH at the mere sight of anything that looks like a gun. [sad2]

-Mike

She was probably looking for her green card.

Plain site... Probably was digging around for some $1's and came across it, and figured she would shot if the guy found out she was robbing him.

Perhaps warning signs at New York state borders will help.

01-abandon-hope-all-ye-who-enter-here-e1285714292550.jpg

It's not right, but because the 2A is disregarded by states like MA, NY, NJ, and CA, we must play by each states' rules. How many threads on NES deal with trying to do what's required to comply with just stupid MA gun laws and regulations? A huge number.

If you don't do your homework before you leave "free" America, you win stupid prizes in other, more restrictive states. We need an unrestricted 2A in all 50 states. Only then will we have true reciprocity and stop this insanity that turns law-abiding citizens that carry guns across an imaginary line into felons.

Is there something the rest of us should know about Radisson Hotels? Or do you just not like them?

I think they all have sleep number beds...which are pretty uncomfortable IMHO. Especially the King, which has a bar in the middle between the two "zones". All of the Radissons I've stayed in in the past 4 years have also been severely aging.

As one who travels with a firearm quite frequently I always have it in my possession when leaving the hotel room. Although NYC may require three firearms to feel safe...

I think the real question here is why the hell did he have 3 hand guns with him to begin with. One gun for protection and keeping it on himself would have fixed this issue.The guy was just a major moron.

I think the real question here is why the hell did he have 3 hand guns with him to begin with. One gun for protection and keeping it on himself would have fixed this issue.The guy was just a major moron.

SRSLY?

He should have been able to carry all of his guns, rifles, shotguns, at all times anywhere per the second amendment.

SRSLY?

He should have been able to carry all of his guns, rifles, shotguns, at all times anywhere per the second amendment.

I agree with you but he cant because thats the way it is until its changed which hasnt happened yet and we are talking about NY and hes from Ohio. That said,what did he need all those handguns with him for as I wrote. I only need one on my belt when Im out.

Where's the nra? ::looks at map:: Oh yeah, that's right, they are out whispering in the woods with the fuddly McF***heads drinking deer piss so they can put buckshot up bambis ass with jethro whailing on the banjo.....instead of defending the second amendment. Nothing against hunters, but the second amendment had absolutely nothing to do with hunters or sportsmen.

God I hope some organization gets behind these people, the good guys need a win for once.

Are these just getting a lot of press because of the National Reciprocity issue?

i hope so.
maybe some fence sitters in congress will see this bullshit and realize they don't want their constituents ensnared in such a trap. there is not one single reason why these people (who are willingly spending their tourist/travel dollars in that shithole of a city) should be subjected to life-changing and possibly life-ruining charges because that shithole of a city can't get a handle on the real criminals. nothing like being told to "come on back---for your court dates!"
even if national reciprocity wasn't on the radar right now these stories should always see the light of day to demonstrate just how full retard a place can get if voters aren't careful with the choices they have.

Back
Top Bottom