Another Successful Rifle Sneak-To-Safe Maneuver

The wife finally went to bed so I could sneak my new MAK 90 (bought off NESer and transferred at North Shore Firearms)! Thats my 3rd rifle this month, Norinco 56-S, MAK-90, and a Brand New Tommy Gun! I also added a Ruger SR9, but pistols don't count...no sneaking required! Maybe when she leaves the house long enough, I can take some pics!

My wife supports my purchases. Although she has been nagging me about one thing:
"We really need a home defense shotgun that's short enough for me".

It's awful, now I have to get an 870 with a telescoping stock...oh no!!!

I wish my Tommy gun was full auto! But I would have to buy even more .45 Ammo!!!!

My wife doesn't mind the purchases, just prices!! If she knew I spent around $3900 in guns in the past month, she would have my BALLS!!!! She would KILL me!!!! She can never read this!!!! Another reason I don't go on facebook!

But, my wife buys clothes, shoes, and pocketbooks...pocketbooks...my GOD...1 Gucci or Prada costs as much as an AR and they not nearly as fun!

Congratulations Agent Bggsp. Another fine operation! Any more of these shenanigans and we'll have to consider putting you in for a medal.

NOOOO! Not my boy! He is sleeping on the couch next to me. Good luck trying to pry him away from me. He is the most loyal dog ever. My wife would kick my ass out for buying the guns before the dog! The only way he doesn't go crazy when I leave him is if I crate him. flotter390 met him...he's nuts!

I want you do deliver your dog to me or I'm sending your post to your wife!!!! [smile]

God I love that dog!

Sneaking in guns, that's a rep point right there. I'm very fortunate in that my wife's work schedule is totally different from mine, and most sneaking occurs while she is working.
Of course when she finally does see them the price is adjusted to an acceptable level. Feeding the fear that when I die she may sell my babies to you vultures for what I told her I paid.

Every time my wife asks how many guns I have I reply "how many handbags do you have?"

While there are some on this board who will say things like: "I don't have to sneak my purchases in, my wife supports whatever I buy", (I admire that), I am relegated to the "Midnight Sneak-In Club"...I also have developed an ability to "underprice" everything that she does spot. She still thinks my Uzi was an even swap for my Marlin Guide Gun and that my M4 was built for under $400.00....[wink]

I too am perfecting the art of sneaking guns into the house. While handguns are not a problem, the long guns can be tricky. Usually if I know that I am going to buy a rifle I will take a day off from work and tell my wife that I am going to the range. That way I have a good reason to bring a rifle case with me. What she doesn't know is that the case is empty and instead of the range I head over to one of my favorite guns shops. She doesn't suspect a thing. [smile]

You've just got to get to the point where the wife refers to them as "all those guns" and doesn't try to count them. Once she no longer has a valid count, or inclination to count, you're good to go.

For my part, (I think I've said this before) we're on a "12 pair of shoes = 1 new gun or fishing rod" deal. Sometimes finances screw things up, but that works both ways. After I listened patiently while she described 5 different pair of black shoes, I made her listen to my explanation of 6 different 12 gauge shotguns. We ended with supporting each other's collection, but not caring about trying to understand it. The only gun my wife cares about is her .38

My wife came home while I was putting a scope on my new 10/22. Her first question was "Is that new?"

My response..

"What the scope? Yup, I just got a great deal on it"

Not that she really cares what I have or get, she doesn't understand why anyone would need all those guns [thinking]. It was just a way fer me to avoid the SAME conversation...

Man, it is funny how many of us there are! Sometimes I clean my weapon in my den watching TV in my den and she is right there with me and she has no idea I just bought it a few hours before! Good thing the evil guns look alike! I am worried about cleaning the MAK 90 in front of her, I don't have any othe thumbhole stocks! She probably won't notice anyway!!!!

Funny story (I think I posted it here before)

In addition to guns, I enjoy shooting bow. a few friends and i were at a local archery shop and a buddy fell in love with a new bow. The owner sized it up for him and let him throw a few arrows down range with it.

My buddy loved it and said that he'd love to get it but if his wife saw him come home with a new bow, he'd never hear the end of it. a conversation between the owner and him confirmed that money wasn't the issue, that it was truly getting it by his wife.

So the owner of the shop says, if I can get it past your wife, do you want it. . . yes!

So the owner picks up the phone and asks for my buddy's home number.

"hi, is Jim in?"
no, can I take a message
"sure, this is ______ from the archery store, Jim won this months raffle for a new bow. Could you have him give me a call so I can get it all set up for him. ok thanks bye"

my buddy's cell phone rang seconds later, his wife told him the good news.

he paid for the bow and came home with it all set up, that day.

Man, it is funny how many of us there are! Sometimes I clean my weapon in my den watching TV in my den and she is right there with me and she has no idea I just bought it a few hours before! Good thing the evil guns look alike! I am worried about cleaning the MAK 90 in front of her, I don't have any othe thumbhole stocks! She probably won't notice anyway!!!!

That's not a new gun!. It is a new thumbhole stock! [smile]

When I got my mak90 at zero hour, the guys said - all you need to do is leave the house with an empty fun case and tell the wife that you are going shooting. Put the new gun in the empty case - and whalla - you're home free when you walk in the door from "shooting" ... "hold on honey - I just need to put my old gun back in the safe"[laugh]

Like everyone you don't realize how many of us there are...we are probably the majority not the minority. Anything to keep the piece and our toys.

bggsp, I was at North Shore yesterday when they opened your MAK 90...niccccccce [bow]

I really want to hear a range report on the Tommy Gun though...awesome! [rockon]

That's some 007 stuff man. Sneaking around in the night with those killer squeaking floor boards.

I must be lucky since I am not married and I don't have to answer to anyone...except my wallet!

I have bought stuff at North Shore Firearms as well. Good guys. Too bad they do not do the raffle anymore. I have been hoping for a phone call saying I won.

Have fun with your new gun, if you can get it past the gestapo without being seen!

Bought two pistols this month. My wife just rolled her eyes. When I bought the safe she said. How many guns are you planning to buy. I told her as many as I could fit in the safe. However I think if I spent the 3,900 this month she would also have my balls.

I got busted back in May 08, when I picked up another AR15, on a whim, at a show. She found the charge on my credit card invoice....Oh well. Told her recently that the same firearm is going for about $400 more right now....

hah!

I get the "remember we are on a budget" response but that doesn't mean "no." That means that it better be a good deal. However, we have a 7 month old son and my latest excuse is that I am getting it for him. She doesn't say anything, but she isn't stupid (civil engineer).

I was cleaning and organizing the safe today, and the wife says" What do you have, about twenty guns in there now?" Yeah, probably was my response.
Her next comment- "too bad we don't have some place to display them all"

My wife- I think I'll keep her......

While there are some on this board who will say things like: "I don't have to sneak my purchases in, my wife supports whatever I buy", (I admire that), I am relegated to the "Midnight Sneak-In Club"...I also have developed an ability to "underprice" everything that she does spot. She still thinks my Uzi was an even swap for my Marlin Guide Gun and that my M4 was built for under $400.00....[wink]

Just hope that after you are gone she doesn't sell off your collection for what she thinks it cost!

Back
Top Bottom