Another kick in the groin for MA: no free lowers from Noveske :(

Mass-diver

NES Member
In an effort to waste all my grad school loan money (and erase any doubt that my financial future is going to be very gloomy), I've been toying with the idea of buying a noveske upper. I've always wanted one and while I love my new sig 556, I feel like I may need one more toy to hold me over for bit.

So, I see noveske has a October promo: free stripped lower with the purchase of any rifle, or upper - but it doesn't apply to MA :(

Just another small example of how incredibly painful it is to live in this state and be a gun owner. [crying]

It's their way of putting pressure on the MA legislature and politicians. They know that all of our state reps and people in the AG office really want to get good deals on their semi auto rifles, and if they find can't get them, it will help with easing up on the regulations.

It's their way of putting pressure on the MA legislature and politicians. They know that all of our state reps and people in the AG office really want to get good deals on their semi auto rifles, and if they find can't get them, it will help with easing up on the regulations.

[laugh2][puke]

did they say why? is it just because they hate us?

This is direct from Sheri @ Noveske.......

"It is prohibited by law. We are not aloud to send to certain states.

Best Regards,
Sheri
Office Manager
Noveske Rifleworks LLC
P.O. Box 1401
Grants Pass, OR 97528
Ph:541-479-6117
Fx:541-479-2555
www.noveskerifleworks.com"

WTF?!?!?!

Best Regards,
Sheri
Office Manager
Noveske Rifleworks LLC
P.O. Box 1401
Grants Pass, OR 97528

WTF?!?!?!

My guess is that they are afraid that people will assemble postban AR's in MA with their uppers and lowers. Most of the hi brow vendors like Noveske
probably don't sell crippled uppers anymore.

-Mike

Best Regards,
Sheri
Office Manager
Noveske Rifleworks LLC
P.O. Box 1401
Grants Pass, OR 97528

WTF?!?!?!

I would call her on it, both the supposed law, and her spelling. [rofl]

We at Remsport can build you an upper and a lower as nice or better a performer the Noveske. It may cost you less and it will be custom hand built to your spec's using Remsport Mfg. components. We are a Mass. based company and cater to our Mass. customers
Contact us for details.
413 579 1994
Thank you
John

The same way just about every thread involving building an AR or buying parts for an AR does.

Although I am curious as to how Remsport can build a rifle the same quality as a Noveske.

I would like to see the breakdown of parts and who manufactures them for Remsport,specifically how their 14.5" barrel compares to a Noveske Afghan 14.5" barrel.

And then we can tackle the resale value[wink]

You have to admit,Remsport made a very bold statement.

Last edited:
Maybe grab the Noveske barrel and then see if Remsport would build an upper around all that. I'm not sure what Remsport uses for their barrels but Noveske barrels are made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, and ream their upper with their own chamber spec (5.56 Noveske Match Mod 0 chamber).

Also not sure what the twist rate is, but a lot of the mil-spec stuff 1/7.

Check out Superior Barrels. Outstanding craftsmanship. SS with a proprietary Hard Blue coating. Lothar Walther blanks. Haven't shot mine yet, but I have high expectations. [grin]

http://superiorbarrels.com/Our Barrels.htm

Could you have a NH gun store order it for you?

Maybe grab the Noveske barrel and then see if Remsport would build an upper around all that. I'm not sure what Remsport uses for their barrels but Noveske barrels are made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, and ream their upper with their own chamber spec (5.56 Noveske Match Mod 0 chamber).

Also not sure what the twist rate is, but a lot of the mil-spec stuff 1/7.

Last edited:
I'm about wrapped up on AR's anyway, but would love to have a Noveske....The only solution is to get the hell out of here....It's too bad about Noveske. I wish they based their decision on some sort of facts - it's a shame such a nice gun maker is so loopy...Buy a LaRue....

Back
Top Bottom