• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Connecticut official shows his true colors

Since registration was never required in CT, How do they know who to mail letters to regarding Firearms and specifically High capacity magazines?

They will access the 4473's I'm sure. But for the mags? Just get lucky I quess cuz there's no trail when ya bought a mag.

Isn't there some law against them using it like that though? They would have to go to every dealer and look through their files and take notes.

IIRC, it's supposed to be illegal, but the GOA put out alerts last year of the BATFE going in and photocopying 4473's in some shops around the country.

I would like those who say that law enforcers have no stomach for this to explain what this mouthpiece really means...

Because saying your anti-American for not following unconstitutional law is about as inaccurate as it gets.

This man should lose his job for those statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I guess we finally know those letters were sent out...

They'll change the law I'm sure...

why bother, since when does the state/feds care about the law anyhow? its awing how in the last few years law has become meaningless to the government when its something that hinders the masters wants. (ie trafficking 2500 assault weapons for drug dealers/terrorists/gangbangers to be used to wage a war illegally for one)

Isn't there some law against them using it like that though? They would have to go to every dealer and look through their files and take notes.
There's also a "law" saying something along the lines of "and shall not be infringed" and we all know how well that one's working...

The more I think about this, the more it scares me. Even though it is only one person's words a whole lot more are thinking it and saying it behind closed doors.

Un-American > Unpatriotic > Weapons > Domestic Terrorist > DHS & NSA

Problem solved...

Since registration was never required in CT, How do they know who to mail letters to regarding Firearms and specifically High capacity magazines?

I'm not sure how they will find out everyone but they will send them out to those that tried to register and were denied. They are now on record of having whatever was on the paper they submitted but the forms were denied. As has been written before about the denied registrations, the state now has notarized sworn statements saying those people own these so called prohibited items. They will try to make an example of these people first. I also wouldn't put it past them to provoke something so that the state looks better in the news.

I cut this from a link posted in another very relevant thread:

"How do they do that?" Dave asked.
"They call in one or two federal agents, such as from the DEA, and turn it into a federal investigation, and supposedly, the local SWAT team is just 'going along.'"
"Then, I suppose, they're not bound by the local or state restrictions," Dave said.
"That's right. And the feds are probably the worst at trampling on your rights and the most dangerous in dealing with the public. Either they should not be able to call the feds, or the feds should have to comply with local restrictions on use of force, thereby making their presence moot."

And the thread:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-on-Militarization-of-America-s-Police-Forces

Anyone not ready to feel the heat better prepare to step out of the oven...

If your seriously looking to move to southern NH I am willing to assist. Please PM me for details.

The first round of letters are guys that tried to register but just missed the date, so the got these letters in return.

Im amazed he isn't going after her for recording the conversation.

He probably didn't think of it at the time.

I wonder if she even bothered to research the law before she did that? [thinking]

When must you get permission from everyone involved before recording?

Twelve states require the consent of every party to a phone call or conversation in order to make the recording lawful. These "two-party consent" laws have been adopted in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington (Hawai'i is also in general a one-party state, but requires two-party consent if the recording device is installed in a private place). Although they are referred to as "two-party consent" laws, consent must be obtained from every party to a phone call or conversation if it involves more than two people. In some of these states, it might be enough if all parties to the call or conversation know that you are recording and proceed with the communication anyway, even if they do not voice explicit consent. See the State Law: Recording section of this legal guide for information on specific states' wiretapping laws.

Back
Top Bottom