Ammo industry: Won't see prices return to normal until 2023

Ouch! LGS last month had something brass-cased for $369. Just too bad you have to buy the case to get that per round price.

I was going to take a second job to buy guns/ammo. Now it's just to put gas in the tank to go to my first job.
You’re responding to a post from May 2021 😂

2k and 5k vnd coins, these worth a few usa cents. When hyperinflation of the us dollar set in a round of .22 may cost u 5 dollars lol. What ever type of ammo u shoot you may want to buy a some now, price only gona go up.
I meant $369 wasn't horrible, nowadays, but $474 was.
You’re responding to a post from May 2021 😂
Didn't catch that. Even WORSE if it was from then - I was still buying 9mm FMJ for $8-$10 a box of 50.

WWB has gone up 100% in price or more at retail from what I have seen

the days of cheap plinking ammo are over

Finding 9mm ammo at $0.30/rd delivered isn't too hard these days, and if I understand it correctly, that's $32 + $2.08 tax = $0.34/rd. Not so great, IMO.
this
shows some brass at 25cpp, which may or may not be a BS

Finding 9mm ammo at $0.30/rd delivered isn't too hard these days, and if I understand it correctly, that's $32 + $2.08 tax = $0.34/rd. Not so great, IMO.
You guys drive hard bargains.
I've had my LTC for 11 years.
I used to pay 30 cents a round for 9mm 11 years ago.
I never thought I would see those prices again based on the climate over the last 11 years.

I never thought I would see those prices again based on the climate over the last 11 years.
Are you sure about those prices you paid 11 years ago? Just pre-Covid, I was seeing 9mm all over at $0.18-$0.19/rd, and occasionally scoring a thou or two at less. 9mm training ammo at $0.30 in 2011 seems pretty excessive. I think you might be a bit fuzzy in your recollection.

Not really.

Must've been during an Obamascare rebound period? Right up until the letoff of Rona lockdown shithouse, 9mm was about $185 a case for "the good shit". that's like 19CPR. Or about 16CPR for caca like blazer brass and magtech. Then again it did take many years of glut to make those prices even possible.

I think with inflation and other BS going on the current prices are going to stick around for awhile... there are millions of new gun owners who are just paying the price.

huh.
well, ok.
Still I think in this climate 30 cents a round is a good price.
My mind I think is stuck on the $15 a 50 pack of WWB was always good.
carry on, bury this for 2 more years

Early 2021. $8/box of 50 brass cased. Usually Federal AE. Then watched as it hit $10, then $12, then $15 and finally $20 in a matter of months. Thanks, Brandon.

You mean 2020. Those prices died in/around Mar of 2020. By the summer whatever was
left was obliterated and full rape mode engaged.

Distributor: "Yeah we have 9mm. For $499.00 a case. "

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXdNcKF_n4U

Hahaha and this is why you see public ranges making you buy and shoot 'their ammo' at their range. Back after the post-sandy hook retardation when people were scrambling to stockpile hundreds of thousands of rounds of 22LR and there was none left, some ranges were selling 22LR in little zip lock baggies of 50 at a time.

No, early 2021. Local "mini big box" store (9 stores in the chain) had decent prices.

weird fluke then because that was not average in the industry, anywhere, by that point. Especially not after shitbag got elected.

Hahaha and this is why you see public ranges making you buy and shoot 'their ammo' at their range.

With most of them its only for rental guns, and its because as a range operator you cant afford the liability of people running BYO garbage through your guns, blowing a gun up, and then getting sued for it afterwards.

With most of them its only for rental guns, and its because as a range operator you cant afford the liability of people running BYO garbage through your guns, blowing a gun up, and then getting sued for it afterwards.
That was a surprising thing for me when I moved up here, figured it was an easy money grab when I saw how much the ranges wanted for their ammo was almost scalping prices. Used to shoot here every weekend out in Indiana. Could bring whatever ammo you wanted for 9 bucks an hour (used to be 7). Had some typical rules about no holsters and no shooting more than a round per second so unfortunately not a place to train drawing and quick tap drills though.

That was a surprising thing for me when I moved up here, figured it was an easy money grab when I saw how much the ranges wanted for their ammo was almost scalping prices. Used to shoot here every weekend out in Indiana. Could bring whatever ammo you wanted for 9 bucks an hour (used to be 7). Had some typical rules about no holsters and no shooting more than a round per second so unfortunately not a place to train drawing and quick tap drills though.

I'm not familiar with any pay ranges that don't let you bring your own ammo when shooting your own guns. I've never heard of this.

Even when S&W was open they had a more involved check in procedure and even there I shot with my own ammo.

ETA: I am familiar with some ranges in other states that have rules that make the range useless though, like the stuff you describe about holsters and 1 shot per second... [laugh]

I'm not familiar with any pay ranges that don't let you bring your own ammo when shooting your own guns. I've never heard of this.

Even when S&W was open they had a more involved check in procedure and even there I shot with my own ammo.

ETA: I am familiar with some ranges in other states that have rules that make the range useless though, like the stuff you describe about holsters and 1 shot per second... [laugh]
For our central CT homies, Hoffman's used to say only their ammo. Last time I visited that place was over 5 years ago so maybe they got rid of that rule and it doesn't state it on their site so who knows.

edit yeah it's there -
  • Only ammunition purchased on-site will be allowed

For our central CT homies, Hoffman's used to say only their ammo. Last time I visited that place was over 5 years ago so maybe they got rid of that rule and it doesn't state it on their site so who knows.

edit yeah it's there -

I'm going to guess they dont have lots of local competition. IIRC they are one of the bigs in CT so that sort of makes sense.

Plus the difficulty of collecting if a customer provided reload damages a range gun.

edit yeah it's there -
It is unclear if this is a general policy or only applies to the discount card, especially considering the list of allowed ammo types under memberships at the top. It could simply be a pricing strategy to make sure the discount isn't.

Back
Top Bottom