• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ames Rifle and Pistol Club

The silence is deafening! Must have gotten a stern word from the man. Marcus the sheep thing is appropriate for Ames. The more sh!t they are feed the more hungry they get for more.

Nope, I'm no longer a member since I no longer live in MA. But when I was a member, the Club helped me out significantly to bring action pistol and 3 gun practices to the club. Not many clubs in the area allow that, certainly no Fudd club would.

Maybe the issue isn't the club

Nope, I'm no longer a member since I no longer live in MA. But when I was a member, the Club helped me out significantly to bring action pistol and 3 gun practices to the club. Not many clubs in the area allow that, certainly no Fudd club would.

Maybe the issue isn't the club

Oh, it's definitely the club, if you have been reading ANY of the OP's posts....which is quite apparent you aren't.

Oh, it's definitely the club, if you have been reading ANY of the OP's posts....which is quite apparent you aren't.

I can only go by my experience with dealing with the club and the Board members, its been nothing but great. What is your experience with the club? How long have you been a member?

I was a member for a few years, not anymore. I now travel about thirty minutes out of my way to go to what I feel is a better ran, more professional atmosphere club. I felt no sense of pride (from myself, and the board members) when I was a member of Ames.

Supermoto since you left the whole ball of yarn has been unraveling. I think you and your wife were a great asset to the Club. People like you are the problem now! New ideas and things to move the club forward are Bad. If you think I am the problem, You are the modern day problem. Call some old friends and get in tune, you will regret your attempt to defend a club going downhill. Castro. Chavez, Hitler, Hussein, just to name few that have been in power too long.

Supermoto is the real problem with Ames. What were you wearing? What were you eating? These are Stupid questions with No relevance. More appropriate questions might be, Who gave you the club Tour? Who gave you a list of club Rules? Who went over Safety with you? Why were you not aware of club procedures? Real questions not ones about breast feeding. Then deal with the people that Grabbed his money and did a lousy job of introducing new members. Not Marcus fault at all but a complete lack of responsibility on the Clubs part. I wish I could have got my money back from them.

Supermoto is the real problem with Ames. What were you wearing? What were you eating? These are Stupid questions with No relevance. More appropriate questions might be, Who gave you the club Tour? Who gave you a list of club Rules? Who went over Safety with you? Why were you not aware of club procedures? Real questions not ones about breast feeding. Then deal with the people that Grabbed his money and did a lousy job of introducing new members. Not Marcus fault at all but a complete lack of responsibility on the Clubs part. I wish I could have got my money back from them.

whoa whoa whoa... there was breast feeding and I missed it?

I originally took this down to be polite but it came up in conversation today and it made my blood boil. So I re-posted it. People should hear the story before they waste money on membership to this club.

My father and I joined Ames a while back because it seemed like a great, friendly and quiet club. We're both members of BRP and like it there a lot, but unfortunately they don't allow 50BMG so we were looking for a club that was relatively close and does allow it.

I've only been to Ames a few times since we joined and have had no problems whatsoever with the other members, facilities, etc. Before my father paid for membership he met with Ira and asked if we could shoot 50BMG at the club. He said we could and we payed for membership. We went over to the club today to test fire the BOHICA and were met with some problems.

We entered the range and went to the furthest most station on the 100yrd range so the noise wouldn't annoy any of the other members. We also chose the 100yrd range because the 300yrd range is indoors and would potentially be louder than outside. There weren't many other members on the range, just a couple guys and a girl or two shooting BB guns. As we unpacked the BOHICA he said "I know what that is, I'm not going to blow out my ear drums!" and left the range. After he left the range we fired a single round downrange to begin sighting in the rifle. Apparently he went to the upper range and bitched to one of other members that we kicked him off the range with our big, intimidating, scary black rifle.

Then a member who was friends with people in charge came down to the range (with the BB shooter in tow like a 2nd grader who tattled to their teacher). This time he had some other people with him, one of which had an AR15 withgrenade launcher attachmentHe asked if we were authorized to shoot that here. My father told him that we had only joined this club to shoot the 50BMG here, and had cleared it with Ira before we became members. Ira was also present last time we brought it to the range, and made conversation with him while we shot it.
The member called Ira and said that there was someone with a 50 shooting at the club. Ira said that we needed a "red card" to fire it on the range. He also told the member to write down my license plate number.

The member said we couldn't shoot it and had to pack it up. I had other pistols to shoot, but was honestly so pissed at the time I wanted nothing to do with the club. We packed up and headed to our car, only to find that member waiting by the cars so that he could know which one we were driving for our license plate number.
The fact that we were told that we could shoot the 50 at that range was the sole purpose of joining the club. Now that they changed the rules based on how they were feeling that day shows you exactly what type of organization it is and who runs it. There is absolutely NO reason why anyone should be writing down my license plate either. I don't think I'm ever going to step foot in that club again, and neither should anyone else. It's a waste of money for a politically run club filled with fudds.

Last time we visited the club, we fired the BOHICA while Ira was standing next to us, and he was having a conversation with us as if nothing was beyond the ordinary. We were only able to fire a few rounds however because it was not properly lubed, and locked up before we could continue. Today, Ira was only spoken to via cellphone and told us that we needed a red card and have our license plate recorded by the instruction of the other member.

I've heard in the past that this club was basically run by the president and his close friends, and all the other members pay for it. I honestly don't care one way or another the politics of the situation. Every club has politics and I avoid them. I am merely a shooter. I come to the club because they allow me the opportunity to use their land for practice and to improve my skills. What pisses me off is when they lie to my father's face by changing the rules when they feel like it and prevent ME from putting lead down range. I don't care if the guy next to me wants me to leave so he could have the entire range to himself for his childish BB gun. I sure as hell wasn't bothering anyone. As I already mentioned the guy was packing up before I fired a single shot, and I purposely went to the furthest most stall (as we always do) to avoid any uncomfort from "loud noises" on a gun range.

As I told the guy who was conveying Ira's will, there are plenty of other clubs that are happy to have our consistent membership fees year on year. If they want to play games I have no problem with it at all, but I won't be there to witness it again. I'm not in the mood to constantly be walking on egg shells and have my rights stomped on to appease the people "in charge" so that I can use the range which I already paid for. There are plenty of quality clubs out their like Braintree and Harvard that have a great group of shooters without all the bullshit.

Last edited:
Guys I think we seriously need to chill before the mod gods swoop in and close this thread down....[thinking]

Ames is a great club and have had the pleasure to have met a number of really nice folks there.... A heated 300 yard range is the balls and this is one of the few ranges that will even consider letting me shoot 50bmg..... The requirement to have permission to shoot 50 cal is well posted and I thought I had it covered and obviously misunderstood the process... Spoke to Ira and am now on the right path so in a few weeks after the next meeting should be all set....[smile]

You should have been told the rules when you joined and none of this would have happened. You could have saved yourself the embarassment of leaving. I was involved with Ames for a brief time and saw this same type of situation unfold on several occasions. That is why I left.

So why were you banned from Ames when they ultimately forced you to leave? Do you remember what shirt you were wearing? How many people were basking in the glow of your Godly aura? [rofl]

My work there was done and I am now spreading my vision, my skill, my humble attitude to others in need. There were 1000's lining the street as I drove out wearing my Team Bacon shirt [wink]

I have belonged to this club and 4 or 5 others. I am sick and tired of the old hang around crowd that are just a pain in the ass. Get a life you old fools and let people enjoy there hobby. Maybe term limits.

I plan on joining this year. And I want a Team Bacon shirt too.

Sent via the Yugo of the Droids.

Happy New Year!! A great resolution would be to Audit the books. Out with the "Old boy network"

Be careful here guys, I said something about politics at Mansfield and was put in my place by C-Pher....he may be waiting to pounce[laugh]

I am not making any inference that Mansfield Fish and Game isn't the best club around. Well maybe not the best but pretty darn close.

It appears the Ames Rifle & Pistol Club web page is down, or maybe it's just my computer. Does anyone remember what the renewal fee for 2012 is and address for mailing dues?

Thanks

It appears the Ames Rifle & Pistol Club web page is down, or maybe it's just my computer. Does anyone remember what the renewal fee for 2012 is and address for mailing dues?

Thanks

Stephen Buck is the secretary, [email protected]. I think it's $108.00, but there's another $20.00 charge if you don't have a swipe card for the gate.

The address is

Ames Rifle and Pistol Club
PO Box 88
North Easton, MA 02356

The web site must be down. I was trying to access it myself to check it out, as I am interested in joining. I have a friend that is a member, might have to tag along as a guest to check it out in person.

Look into a different club. The place is not what you think, ask around before you join. Every club you go to you will find at least a half dozen people that will tell you, I use to belong there. Then the stories start.

They need Austin Powers to rid the club of Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard! Marcus you got screwed and you are not alone. I see people all the time that "use to" belong there. I'm embarassed to admit I was a member for a short time.

Back
Top Bottom