American Rifleman - Article says lasers in Mass are Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I'm reading the March issue of American Rifleman and in the Correspondence/Readers Write section on page 20 there is an article written that's labeled Mandatory Reading. It's a follow up to AR's article about Crimson Trace lasers in the Feb issue. In the article this gentleman, who's an NRA Instructor and Arizona CCW instructor, is pointing out an anti gun trend that is attempting to outlaw lasers like the ones that Crimson Trace sells. In the article he states that several states are seeing a push to make these illegal and names Massachusetts as one of the few that have already passed legislation making these illegal.

Now that's news to me as I own a S&W 642 with the Crimson Trace grips. I've never heard anything about this. I'm thinking this was in incorrect statement. But in this state it's best to check.

Am I wrong??????

Yep they are wrong, lasers are legal. It could be the same kind of situation as with bullet resistant vests. It is illegal to wear a vest while committing a crime and some interpret that as vest being illegal in MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom