Am I Crazy? Thinking about selling my Ruger 1911"Updated-SOLD my Ruger"

I bought a Ruger 1911 (thank you FS) and a S&W 1911TA E Series, my first ever pistols ( have always been a revolver guy). I love both of these guns but it has become apparent that my last 4 trips to the range to sight in my new AR's, the S&W comes with me for for plinking action while the Ruger is becoming a safe queen.

Last night I realized that 3 Ar-15's may be enough and started to think about the perfect CCW and think the S&W 1911 Scandium in black with the round butt may be it. [smile]

Should I sell the Ruger? Will I regret it even though it will not see much action?

Last edited:
Not uncommon to have a change of heart towards a gun. I had a shooter that I loved for many years but as my collection grew my tastes changed and it rarely made an appearance any longer. The great thing about the hobby is that most will retain their value or if its a rare/hard to find/specialty it could get more then what you originally had paid.

Unless you're a serious competitor and want a backup, why have two of basically the same gun? Selling it to buy the lightweight carry version makes a lot of sense. I had a S&W scandium commander and really liked it. Only reason I sold it is I didn't like carrying a 1911 in 45. If I did, that'd be the one to go with.

If you decide to sell it, sell it now while they are hard to find. You should almost be able to get all of your money back on it.

You finally find a cure for your disease?

A quote from tibet wiseman, "To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle". hmm... I might be drinking too early.

p.s. you are not crazy. I once has 2 S&W 1911 and I have no S&W 1911 now.

Last edited:
What would you do with 5 of them? Guess I would rather have a S&W to carry right now, may change my mind a week after selling the Ruger but.....

Because MOAR is better. Unless the money is going to get spent on another gun. [laugh]

-Mike

What would you do with 5 of them? Guess I would rather have a S&W to carry right now, may change my mind a week after selling the Ruger but.....

I have no idea. But I would have fun customizing every one. I like simple 1911's. That SR1911 to me is gorgeous. Especially with my new VZ grips. [smile]

If I had the money right now, I would buy it off of you.

not crazy at all my friend, I am also contemplating selling my SR1911 i had just acquired. I have a smith full size and a pro series 3" for carry... not sure if i need / want another 1911 at the moment.

the SR 1911 is kind of like any new handgun that enters the market...everyone wants it, the value shoots through the roof and they become scarcer than all hell. the difference is that this is a 1911 and 1911 enthusiasts get pissy when they cant get something...so yeah, youre kinda nuts.

in short.....I want one, dammit!

Your not crazy to sell it now while there is a shortage. In the future ruger will catch up and youll be getting less for it. My online gun dealer just got e series back in stock for 750.

Have 2 Smith E series, fantastic guns. Picked up the 1911sc two tone just last week. I agree with the others, sell the SR1911 now while there's still a frenzy. Human nature being what it is...people want what they can't have...

I am glad I did a bit of research before I ended up buying my SW1911SC E series (all black). Very happy with it, but I have yet to shoot it. I'll probably go test it out tonight.
Buyers remorse can be quite painful, but you'll learn from it.

I am glad I did a bit of research before I ended up buying my SW1911SC E series (all black). Very happy with it, but I have yet to shoot it. I'll probably go test it out tonight.
Buyers remorse can be quite painful, but you'll learn from it.

Let me know how it shoots please. I have a S&W E Series 1911TA and the weight difference makes me wonder how hard it will be too shoot the lighter gun well, that's the only thing that has stopped me from buying one.

Let me know how it shoots please. I have a S&W E Series 1911TA and the weight difference makes me wonder how hard it will be too shoot the lighter gun well, that's the only thing that has stopped me from buying one.
Sounds good. I'll go to American Firearms School tonight (haven't joined a club yet [sad2]) and test it out. From the reviews I have seen online, they said they did not notice much difference, if any at all.

Alright, back from the range.

Shot 50 rounds, and it felt like I was shooting my Springfield XD40 (in terms of recoil). Wow, I couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Photo is of the last 11 shots at 7 yards:
Shot 6 in the 1st mag, saw that I was shooting consistantly low and to the left.
Shot 5 in the 2nd mag, and corrected with a smoother trigger pull at a higher point of aim. I would say that was a fairly good grouping for my first go with the new gun! I would also say I shot it more consistent than my XD40

2z6rqd0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom