• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Already made plans for turkey hunting! Anyone else getting ready?

No luck today. With about an hour left my box call stopped working... I think I need to put some of that chalk on it or something... I still kept at it with the tom call for the final hour but no luck. I got a bird to call back at one point. It was far. I tried closing the distance but he went silent. Otherwise uneventful.
That's why they call it hunting not killing right?

Sat for 6 hours today in a few different spots at Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, trails from norther parking lot. Called a lot, heard nothing back. Anyone have luck in that place?

Just packed all mine and the wife's gear for Thursday (I have to work late tomorrow) and we're heading down to the cape for Thursday. Not much gear needed supposed to be 58 degrees at sunup Thursday morning. Wife's looking forward to it.

Foggya as hell in the morning on the cape. We set up in 3 spots I had seen birds recently. Didn't see or hear a single bird. Still had a great time out there with the wife.

Foggya as hell in the morning on the cape. We set up in 3 spots I had seen birds recently. Didn't see or hear a single bird. Still had a great time out there with the wife.

Wish I had seen this earlier I would have met up with you if you were close to me.

There are birds all over the place in my area but like always, it's tough to find a spot that's legal to shoot and also holds birds. :/
Then again I never really practiced good turkey calling so I'm sure that's a big part of it.

Only seeing birds in back yards. Three days on the edges of different fields in various areas of NH and havent heard a single gobble. Silence in areas I've taken birds multiple years before and far less tracks in areas I always check for activity. Very weird...assuming its just crap luck. I'll be back out there next weekend.

Didn't hear a single gobble saturday either, it was cold and rainy. I did call in a hen that I had thought was another hunter for a minute, from what I could see she didn't have a tom with her. Forecasting rain again this Saturday, sucks working for a living. We need Sunday hunting.

Didn't hear a single gobble saturday either, it was cold and rainy. I did call in a hen that I had thought was another hunter for a minute, from what I could see she didn't have a tom with her. Forecasting rain again this Saturday, sucks working for a living. We need Sunday hunting.
Def need Sunday hunting! (Maybe we could go with the Sunday hunting prohibition is discriminatory towards those of us who work Monday through Friday!)

Went out in Brookline, NH on Sunday am.
Soon as we got out of truck we heard 2 gobbling from the roost in different areas.
Set up on the best location and had him working with us until he decided to cut out and head up to someone's yard by the road.
Competing with damn bird feeders in a lot of locations these days.....

Def need Sunday hunting! (Maybe we could go with the Sunday hunting prohibition is discriminatory towards those of us who work Monday through Friday!)

Vote with your wallet. RI, CT, and NY all have Sunday hunting IIRC. Most of my hunting is out of state these days.

Plus you will see more deer than you would in Western Mass.

Bob

Vote with your wallet. RI, CT, and NY all have Sunday hunting IIRC. Most of my hunting is out of state these days.

Plus you will see more deer than you would in Western Mass.

Bob
How messed up is it that the super gun control states have Sunday hunting?

I’m hoping to get out at least twice more before the end of the season...

Got my first bird ever on Saturday morning. Sat at 5am and shot him at 10:05am after a 35 minute walk across the field directly in front of me.
32369721_10101001253601997_8925419345098571776_n.jpg

32235730_10101001259160857_760249893322227712_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom