• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

*Alleged Theft at Shooter's Outpost Caught on Camera

IF (and let’s assume innocent until proven guilty...) he did it, I bet SO could get creative...

I was at Highland Mountain biking one day when a guy and his girlfriend got caught not paying for a ticket. Mark, the owner gave two options:
1- You can pay double.
2- I can call the police and ban you and your girlfriend for life from the mountain.
He went with option #1.

Time for Shooter’s to get creative.

Oh, can I play too
Maybe the guy picked up the ammo downstairs then went upstairs to look at some guns, forgetting the no ammo upstairs rule. When he realised his mistake he sheepishly hides the ammo in a pocket, fully intending to pay on the way out. When he gets downstairs he a. forgets it in his pocket, or b. pays and leaves but they miss this when checking the video, or c. he's a thief and planned the whole thing.

I do think SO needs to clear this up of it was a mistake.

My opinion of not enough facts to make a judgment call on this remains the same in my mind however I will say if I were this dude that was accused and dragged out into the public eye and I was innocent I would be blowing up social media attacking these claims by SO and doing my best to make them look bad. I would be on a scorched earth type warpath

My opinion of not enough facts to make a judgment call on this remains the same in my mind however I will say if I were this dude that was accused and dragged out into the public eye and I was innocent I would be blowing up social media attacking these claims by SO and doing my best to make them look bad. I would be on a scorched earth type warpath
what if not doing that came with lifetime free ammo? And a nice to AR to use it in?

SO, where immediately upon entering, you're told to stop, take off your mask, turn right and smile for the camera
So what are they doing, Conducting Facial Scan record of who was in the store and when? So how long before the Government gets that file? I hope this guy sues for everything he can get.

Last edited:
Can't watch the video.

Anyway... if anyone is going to steal, they should steal from GP or that rat dude from the south.

I think?
I love how this thread took a hard left to us stalking the poor bongo girl. Did not see that one coming.

I do think SO needs to clear this up of it was a mistake.
That would be both equitable and prudent.

OTOH if it wasn't a mistake,
what could he expect SO to post about it?
  1. A summary of what he admitted to doing.
  2. A lie that he did nothing.
  3. Just delete the Faceplant content and hope memories fade.
  4. ???
Not gonna get #2. Hope and pray he doesn't get #1. Settle for #3.

Or to look at it differently,
the Faceplant content is gone with no replacement (right?). That's because:
  1. The guy didn't contact SO, but this thread w/ attendant speculation gave SO cold feet.
  2. The guy contacted SO, did something wrong, but made a credible legal threat.
  3. The guy contacted SO, did something wrong, and they agreed to take it down because he made restitution.
  4. The guy contacted SO, did nothing wrong, and made a credible legal threat.
  5. ???
Either way you look at it,
one can't decide conclusively what really happened
just from "post-made/hours-pass/post-deleted".
But one can infer which scenarios are more likely than others.
If one wishes strongly that one knew.

Another possibility is SO doesn't (yet) realize the individual's name
is embedded in NES post(s), and so this particular event
isn't going to fade away with just a Faceplant deletion...

Maybe they'll ask the mods to disappear the whole thread.
Que será, será.

Another possibility is SO doesn't (yet) realize the individual's name
is embedded in NES post(s), and so this particular event
isn't going to fade away with just a Faceplant deletion...

Maybe they'll ask the mods to disappear the whole thread.
Que será, será.
Too late the bell has already been rung. "One cannot unring the bell"

Remember, I don’t know anyone involved at all, I just found kyles FB page and contacted a friend of his as a heads up.

contacted the friend again mid afternoon told him to keep me posted of the outcome. Said Kyle contacted the police himself and brought the ammo and his receipt to them. He seems very proactive in clearing his name. I’m getting this third hand from people I don’t know so take that into account.

Same guy?

They defamed a Hero..... Maybe.. lol

But wrong thing to do either way liability wise.
They probably got the name through connections from the plate... I am sure they plate inquiry is recorded.
If he stole the item they had the name/address. If they wanted to just get the item back they could have made contact.
If he did not take the item they accused a innocent person.
Of course this is about the principal about someone taking something from you but when you do millions (I would hope a place like that does millions) you need to think things through before getting emotional on Social Media

Maybe he was afraid to leave the box at the counter downstairs fearing someone else would try to claim it. And perhaps he put it in his pocket so as not to forget to grab it on his way downstairs after fondling the rifles. There are numerous potential explanations, but if he walked out without paying that changes the narrative.

Regarding any potential liability, the big one I wonder most about is if Kyle's employer is anti-2A and they take punitive measures against him simply for being associated with SO (assuming he paid for the goods).

They probably got the name through connections from the plate... I am sure they plate inquiry is recorded.
If he stole the item they had the name/address. If they wanted to just get the item back they could have made contact.
If he did not take the item they accused a innocent person.
Of course this is about the principal about someone taking something from you but when you do millions (I would hope a place like that does millions) you need to think things through before getting emotional on Social Media

If he bought something else with a credit card, they'd have his name.

If he stole, its not up to them to track down his phone number. They're doing him a courtesy of letting him come to them and settle up before they press charges.

Assuming he stole and then did that, the only sensible thing for SO to do is take down the FB post and pretend like nothing happened. That way they don't confirm the guy is a thief who made restitution and probably got a lifetime trespass order to the world.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Some of you sound like old ladies at an afternoon tea gossiping. Chasing your tails round n round while you state your erudite explanations of what musta happened. Doesn’t anyone do anything worthwhile during the day any more, or are you all in the chat room all day? Or sitting at home in a medical chair posting? Or in prison posting?

Jesus H. f***ing Christ

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Some of you sound like old ladies at an afternoon tea gossiping. Chasing your tails round n round while you state your erudite explanations of what musta happened. Doesn’t anyone do anything worthwhile during the day any more, or are you all in the chat room all day? Or sitting at home in a medical chair posting? Or in prison posting?

Jesus H. f***ing Christ
Oh look, it's one of our Welfare State Overseers,
cracking the whip to get the proles back to work.

ETA: What happened -
did the Taxable Income Meter plunge?

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Jesus H. f***ing Christ

And yet here you are.

I always stick items in my pockets and "forget" to pay for them, while in gun stores. Methinks that there are a lot of butthurt Ma**h***s that don't like SO's treatment of Ma**h***s in the past?????? So has outed a number of thieves in the past.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Jesus H. f***ing Christ
Are you new here?

Back
Top Bottom