*Alleged Theft at Shooter's Outpost Caught on Camera

Its possible he was innocent, its also possible he called and settled the tab and was told never to return. Both of those would be reason enough to take down the video.

That was the deal he posted in previous situations. Contact us and we will work it out.

I am also willing to bet SO didn't post all the video. If they followed him to the truck he drives SO most likely has more video.

Not Enough - SO needs to post up a mea culpa public appology.
They have every right to out shoplifters but they need to make even more effort to not screw up a persons reputation.

How does Shooters know that the guy didn't put the ammo in his pocket and then pay for it before he left the store ?

In the vid, he did look kinda suspicious, but this witch hunt is kinda over the top.

People might start doxing the wrong Kyle.

The video has been removed, so none of us are able to make our own determination. For those who saw it, what did *you* see?

Mods - should his name and other PII be removed?

There was a video of a white male in his 30s was walking in the rifle area carrying a box of ammo in his left hand. He was wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with a common hoodie front pocket. As he was looking at rifles he put the ammo in his pocket. There was also a still photo posted showing him in a dark Chevy pick with the NH license plate visible, the plate numbers were very clear.

I don’t know anyone involved, just saw his Facebook adage and messaged a friend of his (who I don’t know either). Friend messaged back appreciative of the heads up, seems Kyle was blindsided and isn’t thrilled with SO.

if he stole, he’s screwed. If he didn’t SO defamed him, could also be a third option too. Maybe the cashier missed a box at checkout and he thought he paid for all items but didn’t because of the cashiers error.

Hope it’s resolved to everyones satisfaction

I’ll see if the friend will let me know the resolution, I doubt SO will post again on it unless it’s their screwup and they want to apologize

Last edited:
Dealing with this kind of stuff is a part of what I do for a living. I don’t own a business but I can tell you the liability from posting stuff like that isn’t worth the reward. Yup the video looks real suspicious but there’s a ton of stuff that happened before the posted video and after the posted video that we don’t know about. For all we know he brought in a box of ammo looking to see if shooters carried the same brand or whatever. I have literally seen every possible scenario where someone 100% would look like the stole to most people if you watched the video but there’s one small detail not easily seen or kissed that changes the whole narrative.

Yes it can be satisfying to out an actual thief to the masses but it only takes one mistake for you to face liability. People lose their jobs and companies pay out serious coin when their employees falsely accuse people of stealing.

ETA: IF shooters is wrong and this guy didn’t do anything they need to do right by him and quickly. If the guy did in fact steal f*** him.

Dealing with this kind of stuff is a part of what I do for a living. I don’t own a business but I can tell you the liability from posting stuff like that isn’t worth the reward. Yup the video looks real suspicious but there’s a ton of stuff that happened before the posted video and after the posted video that we don’t know about. For all we know he brought in a box of ammo looking to see if shooters carried the same brand or whatever. I have literally seen every possible scenario where someone 100% would look like the stole to most people if you watched the video but there’s one small detail not easily seen or kissed that changes the whole narrative.

Yes it can be satisfying to out an actual thief to the masses but it only takes one mistake for you to face liability. People lose their jobs and companies pay out serious coin when their employees falsely accuse people of stealing.

ETA: IF shooters is wrong and this guy didn’t do anything they need to do right by him and quickly. If the guy did in fact steal f*** him.
I would assume they watched the entire video of him from the moment he walked in until he left... otherwise Shooter’s would be pretty stupid to post anything...

I would assume they watched the entire video of him from the moment he walked in until he left... otherwise Shooter’s would be pretty stupid to post anything...

Again, assuming that is the case and he did in fact steal there’s just no benefit to posting the video.

I want YOU on my jury.

The video has been removed, so none of us are able to make our own determination. For those who saw it, what did *you* see?

Mods - should his name and other PII be removed?

Why? SO is the one who made the accusation. Also the title is ALLEGED. Without some kind of follow through from SO and possibly a corroboration of events from the other
end, nobody will know. Maybe he is a thief. Or maybe he's just some guy who can't read. (the gigantic no ammo upstairs signs).

If he bought the ammo there, you would think they would have traced his movements from the time he first showed up at the store to the time he left. Which would have shown him purchasing the ammo.

For those who saw it, what did *you* see?
I love this telephone stuff. Watched the video once a few hours ago, I think I remember a heavy set guy in a generic face mask, baseball hat, and zip up hoodie with pockets in front. He was upstairs in the isle by the rack of new rifles on the back wall. He appeared to have a box of what I thought was blazer brass in his left hand that he put into his left pocket, there appeared to be some fuddling after that but the video kicked out.

From my perspective I wasn't sure if he opened the pack and shook the rounds out or what. Was it mighty suspicious? Well, generally you don't pocket stuff you haven't paid for, and its usually bad form to pay and continue shopping, and of course, no ammo upstairs, but none of those things exclusively scream "theft!" You kind of assume that S.O. knows the full story that transpired if they're putting that kind of thing up on their Facebook page, if they f***ed up and the guy really does have a receipt? Oof. That's a paddlin.

If Shooters Outpost published a false report of theft to a medium that directly influences the person's current and future employment opportunities then they screwed up his reputation.
If.

If "it was all a big misunderstanding", I'd expect to hear about a retraction.
If not, what is the simplest explanation...?

1) "Good luck with that." Why, are you an internet lawyer? 2) "Have I ever been defamed?" No, but I think I'm about to be! [laugh]
No, IANAL but I've hired a real lawyer thru the company who brought the charges to a total nitwit that had a very long paper trail of facts and one really big grounp of questions is:
Were you hurt financially?
How?
What was the cost?
How did it effect your reputation and ability to earn?
Did you lose anything because of it?
Did you lose your job or other opportunities?

There were many more questions but that one is the starting point.

No, IANAL but I've hired a real lawyer thru the company who brought the charges to a total nitwit that had a very long paper trail of facts and one really big grounp of questions is:
Were you hurt financially?
How?
What was the cost?
How did it effect your reputation and ability to earn?
Did you lose anything because of it?
Did you lose your job or other opportunities?

There were many more questions but that one is the starting point.

This has nothing to do with my post or what SO did or did not do.

I found his FB page and contacted one of his friends with the video. The friend contacted Kyle who said he has a receipt for the two boxes of ammo. I told him to contact the store and resolve it.

He obviously was there, he admitted to it to his friend and his FB pictures are a dead on match for the person in the video.

post on FB by SO has been taken down, I assume he’s contacted them. His friend who I contacted and relayed the info to Kyle, said Kyle is a great guy and would never do something like that. If he has the receipt maybe it’s a mix up.
If the guy has the receipt and had bought the anmo beforehand, maybe he forgot something else and put his purchase in an inside pocket. I have done it myself with my man purse.

Back
Top Bottom