*Alleged Theft at Shooter's Outpost Caught on Camera

Well, that's just your opinion, man. Mine is that you are wrong.

How do you know it wasn’t purchased after the fact? How do you know he didn’t walk downstairs and put it back on the shelf? Or that he purchased it prior to walking upstairs. How do you know he didn’t walk in with the box and pull it out while shopping ammo to compare?

That’s just a handful of what if’s I came up with. Again if the guy stole f*** him and SO can run their business however they see fit. Posting personal information with 20 second clips isn’t worth the liability IMO.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about states having laws I agree with or disagree with.

I said a private store decided to have a policy that mimics another state. Private store.....they made a choice to do so and I don't have a problem with that.
What don't like getting called out, now that shoe is on the other foot. AWWW!! Too Bad!!

Rry
Whether or not a theft occurred the guy did buy ammo according to his claim he has a receipt, maybe they have his CC info?
They have never recorded my info in the past to buy ammo or primers. In fact the last 2 to 3 times I've been been there they have not even asked for my license.....drivers or ltc.

How do you know it wasn’t purchased after the fact? How do you know he didn’t walk downstairs and put it back on the shelf? Or that he purchased it prior to walking upstairs. How do you know he didn’t walk in with the box and pull it out while shopping ammo to compare?

That’s just a handful of what if’s I came up with. Again if the guy stole f*** him and SO can run their business however they see fit. Posting personal information with 20 second clips isn’t worth the liability IMO.
That fact that he violated clearly marked store policy by bringing it upstairs puts him in the wrong.

I archived this for such occasions:

This was posted April 27, 2019 on Northeast Shooters Page #8 about Shooters Outpost opening a new store in Amherst, NH

"FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!"

Shooters-Hooksett, Monday at 10:37 PM Report

#225/242
He is a liar. I remember back in 2014 or 2015 when I was a Mass resident, me and a buddy went in there and we wanted to buy a Saiga AK, completely Mass legal and well before that bitch Healey acted up. We put the rifles on the counter ready to pay and this kid got all flustered and said it came with the 30 round mag and wasn’t sure if he could sell it, we told him to keep the mag and write it up without mag. Long story short after about a half hour waiting the manager came out and said he talked to the owner and he said no. It was ridiculous, totally legal gun but wouldn’t do it because there was a 30 round steel mag that actually could have been a mil surplus pre ban but he wanted to be extra gay. Before you guys jump on me I get it, it’s his store his rules and I respect that but I am entitled to not liking the guy.

I guess like SO my bank also makes you show an ID and lower your mask to a door Nazi. I'm able to avoid it most times but not always. As for SO, I've been to both stores maybe a dozen times combined between the two over 5-6 years. I have nothing against the owner or his policies. His sandbox, his rules. It was still America (last I knew) and the shopper has the option of playing nice to go into his sand box or saying screw you I'm not playing by his rules.

Cameras are the way of life now. Every drug store has you walking in. Most every supermarket, gas stations, restaurants, bars, parking lots, hardware stores, malls, highways and toll plazas, intersections, most all stores on Main St, hell even our own sportsman clubs! ect. ect. You get the drift.

Whether or not a theft occurred the guy did buy ammo according to his claim he has a receipt, maybe they have his CC info?

Credit card info doesn't match up with your face-of course time of transaction & cameras over the register area would work. SO would be pretty darn stupid if they have a picture of him buying ammo and decide to blast him for stealing ammo the same day.

Rry

They have never recorded my info in the past to buy ammo or primers. In fact the last 2 to 3 times I've been been there they have not even asked for my license.....drivers or ltc.
they only check ID for assembled ammo, not reloading supplies...and he did buy ammo. i'm saying if he paid with a CC they have his name.

He is a liar. I remember back in 2014 or 2015 when I was a Mass resident, me and a buddy went in there and we wanted to buy a Saiga AK, completely Mass legal and well before that bitch Healey acted up. We put the rifles on the counter ready to pay and this kid got all flustered and said it came with the 30 round mag and wasn’t sure if he could sell it, we told him to keep the mag and write it up without mag. Long story short after about a half hour waiting the manager came out and said he talked to the owner and he said no. It was ridiculous, totally legal gun but wouldn’t do it because there was a 30 round steel mag that actually could have been a mil surplus pre ban but he wanted to be extra gay. Before you guys jump on me I get it, it’s his store his rules and I respect that but I am entitled to not liking the guy.
This is a solid reason to have a reason to not shop there. Havjng a problem with Pulling a mask down for a camera is just silly.

So nobody knows what specifically is SO using to identify people on camera. Their half ass ID check at the register isn't it in my experience.

Nobody is disputing that there are cameras everywhere-what are they using to match picture to name. It isn't like a large corporation such as Walmart with their cameras in every aisle. At least Walmart is smart enough to just call the cops on supposed shoplifters.

Anyone else feel extremely weird when you bring something small to home depot or lowes (say a bolt) to buy a matching item and put your item in your pocket once you have found what you needed?

+1. I find myself holding it like a dirty diaper when I walk in, so that if someone gives me a hard time about it they can see it on the tape. [smile]

Is that what they did?

Why would the police give the store a vehicle owner's name?

No way.

Police dept wouldn't do that( run the plate).. a cop that is friendly with the store, of course. Back in a previous life as a 911 dispatcher, running a plate for something like that would get you in trouble.

You have to have a reason to run a plate.

I archived this for such occasions:

This was posted April 27, 2019 on Northeast Shooters Page #8 about Shooters Outpost opening a new store in Amherst, NH

"FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!"

Shooters-Hooksett, Monday at 10:37 PM Report

#225/242

Remember when that guy got stopped on the pike and had a bunch of ammo he said he bought at Shooters ?

He might have done something, I can't remember like shoot somebody...

I would imagine that's why Shooters checks ID's or whatever.

Buying guns from box stores (SO, ktp, deli ticket emporium are all box stores too in their own way) always carries this sort of clumsy failure mode risk. Preventable but rarely implemented in such a way to avoid wasting the customers time. At least the smaller shops will profile the buyers residency and cut you off at the pass instead of wasting tons of your time.

A lot of people “behave like a shoplifter” that don’t shoplift. Going off a 20 second clip is foolish.

No shit I look like a shoplifter in a gun store... Surrounded by a bunch of people probably carrying guns my head is always on a swivel. I wasn't a fan of gunshows because sometimes I would disarm myself ( because I didn't want to be banned) and really didn't like walking around a bunch of hillbillies carrying guns, like the shows at the ice arena in Concord, that show brought out some serious inbred hillbillies from north NH lol

Later gunshows when I seen they were going to disappear due to high prices i didn't give a damn if I got banned, so I carried.

Buying guns from box stores (SO, ktp, deli ticket emporium are all box stores too in their own way) always carries this sort of clumsy failure mode risk. Preventable but rarely implemented in such a way to avoid wasting the customers time. At least the smaller shops will profile the buyers residency and cut you off at the pass instead of wasting tons of your time.
Yea I didn’t mind waiting around nor did I blame the kid at the register for covering his ass but I figured the manager would have had a set of balls or common sense to realize it wasn’t an illegal sale, the owner is just a coward piece of shit in my mind but it’s his store and his rules so it is what it is. The fact that they told me they apparently never dealt with that type of situation before with a compliant rifle but non compliant mag in the same box was suspect but whatever.

They did when I was there last summer, look up at camera and supposedly takes your temperature lol
One guy I encountered was telling me about his visit to sig. He basically told me how he was talking to a friend in the parking lot in the Sun for like 10 minutes and they wouldn't let him go inside because his temp was too high.... [rofl]

Mass. Law does not apply to NEW HAMPSHIRE!! Get used to that!!! There is no jurisdiction for that Communist State here. The owner of those joints must love how you all are willing to give up your freedom to him, as you lick his scrotum.

Back
Top Bottom