Alabama removes toddler from Michigan family found with marijuana

Read the shock and outrage. Now replace the word "marijuana" with "gun" in this article. It wouldn't even make the local 10:00 news.

“Felony chemical endangerment”…Which is usually use for meth labs or drugs that you could actually die from.

That’s a pretty lame charge especially with everybody eating all these edibles now.

I don’t think you can even consumer enough marijuana to die…That’s just pretty rude to charge them with…

All that being said he should’ve never told him that he had weed in the car

“Felony chemical endangerment”…Which is usually use for meth labs or drugs that you could actually die from.

That’s a pretty lame charge especially with everybody eating all these edibles now.

I don’t think you can even consumer enough marijuana to die…That’s just pretty rude to charge them with…

All that being said he should’ve never told him that he had weed in the car
What I don’t like about edibles is that they always look enticing to kids. I fully support weed being legal, but people should be keeping their weed gummy bears well hidden or locked in the safe.

My point is, "Family found with gun in New York with gun that's legal in their home state" would not evoke the media "outrage" that "Family found with pot in AL that's legal in their home state" does.

Yes I understood your point......neither of them are worthy of note to anyone.....especially government.

Were they smoking and driving at some point?

Or smoking with the toddler in the car, parked?

Were they involved in the "disturbance"?

Was the guy who had been smoking the driver?

IMO kids shouldn't be in a car with someone drinking and driving, or parked and sharing booze with the kid (like second hand weed at that point). Or is that different somehow, to the NES braintrust?

Not big on crimeweed as a concept but PSGWSP and I am 90% sure I wanna say screw this guy.

IMO kids shouldn't be in a car with someone drinking and driving, or parked and sharing booze with the kid (like second hand weed at that point). Or is that different somehow, to the NES braintrust?

Not big on crimeweed as a concept but PSGWSP and I am 90% sure I wanna say screw this guy.

I agree with your sentiment......and regarding that issue, 50% of parents who drive their and other people's kids to and from school daily should be stopped and arrested because statistics have proven that they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol while doing so.

I agree with your sentiment......and regarding that issue, 50% of parents who drive their and other people's kids to and from school daily should be stopped and arrested because statistics have proven that they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol while doing so.
Ahem, prescription drugs

I think there was a Vice documentary on this issue. A lot of states use marijuana possession as the sole reason to take kids from their parents. IMO it’s quite ridiculous considering what it does to the children, parents and tax payer all over a little bit of weed.

Sounds like some willful ignorance claiming they thought they were fine because possession was legalized in Michigan. The law passed in Michigan allows for the consumption on private property only, and only on someone else's private property with the owner's permission. So, if they were smoking pot in the car on someone's private property, they were not in compliance with the Michigan law. Also, the Michigan pot law prohibits the export of recreational marijuana where exporting includes the act of driving across state lines with it in the car. This would mean they also, in fact, violated Michigan law when they drove out of state with their pot in the car.

Finally, the article states that the wife aided the husband in trying to hide some of the pot. This would imply that their pot was not exclusively secured in the trunk of the vehicle. Given that the mom is a "former" junkie, any bets on whether the first place she thought to stash some pot was in the kid's car seat, thus resulting in the child endangerment charge?

So, the traveling with gun analog is not completely accurate in this case as the perps were not in compliance even with their home-state laws at the time they were arrested. This story is more about a case of a couple of career losers continuing their pattern of sh*tty choices, getting jammed up, and then using a kid as a prop to claim victimhood. It sucks to be them but, I would never be them because I am capable of making grown-up decisions.

While the law may suck, ignorance won't protect you. As a gun owner in the northeast that can legally carry in my home state, I better know the deal in NJ, NY, etc before I carry my "legal in my home state" handgun into another state. So yeah, I don't have much sympathy.

I think there was a Vice documentary on this issue. A lot of states use marijuana possession as the sole reason to take kids from their parents. IMO it’s quite ridiculous considering what it does to the children, parents and tax payer all over a little bit of weed.

Yeah. Because consistent ongoing government failure is no reason to change your program, let alone shut it the F down.

What I don’t like about edibles is that they always look enticing to kids. I fully support weed being legal, but people should be keeping their weed gummy bears well hidden or locked in the safe.
Or don't be stupid and travel with them. The father couldn't wait to get home to get high? Was he driving high?

Also, the Michigan pot law prohibits the export of recreational marijuana where exporting includes the act of driving across state lines with it in the car. This would mean they also, in fact, violated Michigan law when they drove out of state with their pot in the car.
Regardless of state law, bringing weed across state lines is a federal crime, even if it is legal in both states. You would be breaking federal law if you buy weed in Mass and take it to Vermont via I-91 or to NY via I-90 for example.

Which is funny because the article says:

“If we could have taken our situation and transported it to Michigan, we would have been on our way,” Erika Prock said. “None of this would have happened. Nothing. Like absolutely nothing.”

And she's right. Unless you're a drug lord, federal weed laws are not enforced 99.9999% of the time. Every single American involved at any level in a state-legal marijuana program is violating federal law.

Read the shock and outrage. Now replace the word "marijuana" with "gun" in this article. It wouldn't even make the local 10:00 news.
Alabama removing a child for the parents possessing a firearm would be big news in Alabama, and someone would probably lose their job.

"A person commits the felony if he or she “knowingly, recklessly, or intentionally causes or permits a child to be exposed to, to ingest or inhale, or to have contact with a controlled substance, chemical substance, or drug paraphernalia.” "

Enter- Warren Ave/ Montello St , Brockton Ma
Don’t forget north Main st.

Back
Top Bottom