AK v AR v Mosin Nagant

JuergenG

NES Member
b7787dd3.jpg

This is great... I laughed several times. Any chance of a better quality image for printing? Never mind as I found it elsewhere. Thanks for a good laugh.

Last edited:
Only a few.
- 2 M91/30, 1943 Ishevsk w/ scope, 1952 Hungarian
- 1 M44 1953 Pole
- 1 Finn M27
- 1 Finn M39
and an SVT40.
Gotta keep an eye on the adversaries[smile]
I'll be back to you re plans tonight.

Last edited:
Now maybe you guys will understand why I love my Mosin's. When I first saw that on the web I couldn't stop laughing. And sorry Majspud no K98's. Maybe next time.

Now maybe you guys will understand why I love my Mosin's. When I first saw that on the web I couldn't stop laughing. And sorry Majspud no K98's. Maybe next time.

Well, school is out for the summer and I had some time tonight, so I made my own list. Maybe you could edit it for me.[smile]

Juergen, help me out here.

Stuff you know if you have a K98:

• You pour Windex down the barrel to clean up after the corrosive surplus ammo primers.
• You can hit the farmer’s horse 200 meters away, if you can see that far.
• You can get a 20 round trench magazine.
• You have a three position safety.
• Your rifle has a side mounted sling.
• Your bayonet could be mounted on 15 other M98 variation rifles.
• You’ve shot your target’s stand off its base with one round.
• When out of ammo your rifle makes a great display piece.
• You’ve measured the difference in bruise circumference caused by the recoil from a flat butt plate versus a cupped butt plate.
• Your sights start at 100, but that’s in meters, but it’s really 150 meters and you wonder why you’re hitting the top of the target.
• Your rifle fulfilled its original purpose and outlasted the Soviet Union.
• You paid $300.
• You buy Cold War surplus ammo for .27 cents a round and hope it works.
• You wonder where to put the bayonet on your Kriegsmodel variation.
• Service life 113 years and counting; it’s still being used by the Taliban.
• You find yourself the lone voice of the Mauser, crying in the wilderness.
• If your rifle breaks, you dig in your parts bin, PM your friend, or swap it in from another rifle; they’re all interchangeable.
• You consider it a badge of honor when you when you beat an SKS at a scored shoot.
• After a long day at the range you get an ice pack for your shoulder and post a range report.
• After cleaning your rifle, you bask in the smell of vintage wood, metal, leather, and oil.
• Your rifle’s accessory kit doubles as a tobacco can.
• Your rifles finish was applied by someone named “Ivan” by dipping the rifle into vat of cold blue while holding a bottle of Stolichnaya in the other.
• Your wife has Googled “Mauseritis.”
• Your wife knows what a "Waffenamt" code is.
• Late at night you have the urge to hit GunBroker for that elusive numbers matching part.

Last edited:
Stuff you know if you have an SKS

You've stripped it down and cleaned it and never looked back since, if you bought a Yugo you're still cleaning it to this day.
You can hit a jug of tannerite at 100 yards with one on the first shot and cause an NESr to quit the forum.
Mags aren't an issue because your original works great and if you have a D or M you use AK mags.
Your safety works and if it breaks you don't care because the trigger group is a PITA to take apart.
Depending on country of origin your sling can cost anywhere from $5 to I'll give you whatever you want, just pleas sell me the authentic Albanian sling.
You beat all the others in the bayonet category because its attached to the rifle.
You can outscore an AK easy and look for revenge on the guy with the Mauser.
When out of ammo your rifle makes a great long range stabbing device.
Your grandmother could handle the recoil.
Your sight set up looks like that of an AK but actually works.
Your rifle fights alongside the AK.
There are many countries using your rifle as honor guard models including East Germany and you'd give one of your AKs, ARs, Mosins, or Mausers to have a real one.
You either paid $150 for your ChiCom or $1050 for your 1949 Russian.
You buy the same ammo as you do for your AK but save the better stuff for your SKS.
You can bayonet your foe quicker than anyone else with a flick of the wrist.
Service life beats the AK and its still in use.
You have no need for another cartridge unless you bought one of those funky 50 cal black powder Norinco models.
You can repair your rifle with parts from one made by any country all over the world but there's always Tapco.
You consider it a badge of honor when you beat Appleseed instructors using M1 Garands.
After a long day at the range you click on the tv and get excited when you see an SKS in a show or movie, then you post about it on the SKS boards.
After cleaning your rifle you load more stripper clips.
Your rifles after market accessories are usually cheap junk.
Your rifles finish is left over Mosin shellac used by Russians and then sold to the Chinese or Yugoslavian caked cosmolene.
Your wife tolerates your autograped framed picture of Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov.
Late at night you develop identity crisis because you can't decide between Russian, Chinese, Yugoslavian, Romanian, Albanian, etc, etc.

Or.. after the round in the chamber is fired, there is no chance for unwanted discharge unless another round is chambered. Safe!

Just put the [STRIKE]tent stake[/STRIKE] bayonet on it and stick it in the ground. It stays pointed in a safe direction all on its own.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom