• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AG Civil Rights Lawsuit

I just read through the 33 page doc. Awesome work. I particularly love the explicit call out about their responsibility to record and review transfers. Since they accepted them for so long, and that acceptance required a review per their own rules either they didn't review them (and are liable for the massive amount of egg on face!) Or they did review them and are pooched.

Sent from my LG-K371

Since when is GOAL the "mass chapter" of the NRA. What dumb reporting.

It would be more appropriately termed the Massachusetts affiliate of the NRA, but that sort of detail is beyond most reporters.

- - - Updated - - -

Its about time.

It is far more important that they take their time and get the lawsuit right than that they rush it, do a bad job, and then lose as a result.

In the few conversations I have had on this it has been brought up each time. Given the National situation, what are the odds the MA court will not want to see this go to SCOTUS. A decision by SCOTUS will be far far more harmful than a local state decision to their cause.

Just a thought.

Thank you to COMM2A, GOAL And the NRA!

I just hope this doesn't take 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sometimes people really need to take their own advice. In this case, you should probably read the full headline and the first page of the case.

But as you said, you can't fix stupid.
You must be the guy whose copy of the case has NRA all over the first page. Ass

Sadly, I think that's close to how long it would take. Probably longer.

Yup. My guess is with appeals etc it will be five years before there is anything final one way or the other.

That is about what Heller took depending on where you start the clock. February 2003 to June 2008

Baker’s spokeswoman said the governor “supports the Second Amendment to our Constitution and Massachusetts’ gun laws, including the ban on assault weapons, and the administration generally does not comment on pending lawsuits.”

Does that make it clear to anyone still carrying Charlie's water?
He needs to be crushed in an epic manner in 2018.
And the Republicans need to know who and why.
NO MORE RINOS

Baker’s spokeswoman said the governor “supports the Second Amendment to our Constitution and Massachusetts’ gun laws, including the ban on assault weapons, and the administration generally does not comment on pending lawsuits.”

NO MORE RINOS

It's going to be him or Mora ... it's not like we got too many choices. May be Gary Johnson can run for governor, weed is legal here, unlike NH, come on Gary, come along take a hit from a bong!

Primary Baker. No more GOPe saps willing to be like a dog kicked by the DNC which keeps sulking back to the table begging for scraps or a pat in between beatings.

NO MORE RINOS

Yup, never again.

Update from GOAL on the lawsuit

Update on our federal civil rights lawsuit against AG Healey. We had a scheduling hearing yesterday, trial date is May 2018, with Judge William Young.

HIS political views SHOULD have nothing to do with his ruling on facts of the case.

Ya, I know......[thinking]
Conservative judges are less likely to rule against us on the "because its guns" doctrine, but often rule against us on a "because the government has the power" doctrine. So, we can get screwed either way.

A lot can happen between now and May 2018.

Discovery alone in this case will run through November and motions will be due in December - schedule. We also have the NSSF case to deal with. That's a work in progress (there was a motion to dismiss hearing last week) and there's the possibility that Kolbe will seek cert. review at the Supreme Court.

Criminal AWB prosecutions (if they actually happen) based upon the AG's enforcement notice could also disrupt either of these cases. Everything is a moving target.

Just imagine if we were able to get P Mags and happy sticks. Oh man, a dream come true.

What a statement!

I remember just walking into a shop and asking for a rifle and magazine and not thinking anything of it..

How Sad it is that we have been so complacent as to let it all get to where we are today!

Well, freedom of speech is next..

I guess hand to hand combat with the radical Islamic terrorist is what the people want..

I guess we will just have to hug them to death![rofl]

Last edited:
In other news:
- State returns to slavery, court date set for 2019.
- State refuses women and transgender the right to vote, court date set for 2020.
- US Bans Muslims, court date set for 2023.
- Freedom of Speech now requires a may-issue permit, court date set for 2021.

What's that old saying? "A right delayed is a-okay'd"

Back
Top Bottom