• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Aftermarket mags?

Magpul. Not sure if they make them for the 43, but the standard gl9 mags should fit the g45.

Magpul only makes mags for the Glock 17, 19, and 26. The G45 uses G17 mags, correct? Should be fine.

Shield arms makes G43 mags, but they are expensive. Could try ETS for the G43, but they seem to be hit or miss in pistols. The ETS mags are best uses with carbines.

Magpul only makes mags for the Glock 17, 19, and 26. The G45 uses G17 mags, correct? Should be fine.

Shield arms makes G43 mags, but they are expensive. Could try ETS for the G43, but they seem to be hit or miss in pistols. The ETS mags are best uses with carbines.
I think Shield Arms is just for the 43x/48. ETS makes them for the SlimLine Glocks. Tried some at the range. They seem to work OK, but I don't know about the durability. All polymer, with no reinforced feed lips like the the real thing. Same with the Pmags.

Last edited:
I think Shield Arms is just for the 43x/48. ETS makes them for the SlimLine Glocks. Tried some at the range. They seem to work OK, but I don't know about the durability. All polymer, with no reinforced feed lips the the real thing. Same with the Pmags.
Yeah, I've heard of too many issues with the ETS mags in Glocks and with the 30rd mags I've had issues with them, but that may not be the case with the standard length ETS mags. I only have one of those and haven't tried it yet, but for some reason I do feel the polymer Magpul mags for Glock are better than ETS.

GL9’s were sticky after just a few boxes in my 17. The follower was sticking causing misloads. Not happy with those.

GL9’s were sticky after just a few boxes in my 17. The follower was sticking causing misloads. Not happy with those.
Mine seem ok, (never cleaned them either, lol) although i see how they might be an issue with steel cased ammo, the feedlips have more friction w/steel than oem mags do....

Mine seem ok, (never cleaned them either, lol) although i see how they might be an issue with steel cased ammo, the feedlips have more friction w/steel than oem mags do....
Never cleaned mine. But you know I never would either lol.

The few I tried in a 17 didn't drop freely like the OEM did. One I bought must have been a Monday mag, since the follower was put in it backwards. I returned it for a factory OEM. (The shop owner said I could just turn it around, but for that price I expect it to be right to begin with. ) Plus no metal feedlips.

I use Glock mags in my Glocks. What is the upside to aftermarket?
Right now is availability if somebody needs to be a scared of shadiw type and use 10 round mags it's a lot easier to get pmags than it is to get away I'm right now for some models of Glocks.... 10rd 19 and 17 oems are hard to come by

Not familiar with 43 and 45 but Ive used the Magpul G19 mags in a 2 day pistol course at Sig (Gen 2 G19 fwiw) and didnt have a single problem. OEM is always going to have that little extra bit of piece of mind going for it though.

Right now is availability if somebody needs to be a scared of shadiw type and use 10 round mags it's a lot easier to get pmags than it is to get away I'm right now for some models of Glocks.... 10rd 19 and 17 oems are hard to come by
MidwayUSA has the PMAG 10 GL9 for G19 for $10.92 ea. IN STOCK. Magpul PMAG 10 GL9 Mag Glock 19 Gen 1 2 3 4 9mm Luger 10-Round Polymer

Buy 5 (total over $49) and use FREE SHIPPING CODE: OFFER55555 (saves $9.20 in shipping or, about the price of the 5th mag...)

Works in Gens 1~5
1635871677517.png

I had (3) 22 round ETS mags that fit G17/G34. I used them in USPSA Carry Optic division, (length of mag limited to 140mm). All three of them failed, I threw them away.

I use Glock mags in my Glocks. What is the upside to aftermarket?

Flinting is really the only reason. The aftermarket can undercut Glock substantially. And while I've been fine with my Magpul G19's, I do wonder some times if I made a mistake in not just buying factory for long term reliability. I don't particularly like the design of Magpuls "compliant" 10rd mags. The parts jiggle, so tolerances are not as tight as they could be.

everyone knows that Glock mags work well in Glocks. I'm not in a hurry to use second rate magazines to protect my life in order to save a little money. At the price of Glocks in Ma. and the price of carry ammo it makes no sense to get cheap with magazine choices. What's your life worth should be the real question.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with a Glick. Is that like a Glock knockoff brand? Maybe from China?
Lol. Have you been living under a rock? Everybody knows about Glicks. Made the correction though. Damned English police. Thats what I get for the using the tiny keyboard on this new phone. What a pain in the ass to use.

everyone knows that Glock mags work well in Glocks. I'm not in a hurry to use second rate magazines to protect my life in order to save a little money. At the price of Glock mags in Ma. and the price of carry ammo it makes no sense to get cheap with magazine choices. What's your life worth should be the real question.
I always ask the same question in a pilots group I belong to when I hear people cheaping on aviation equipment or running low on fuel to make it to another airport with cheaper fuel prices.

Back
Top Bottom