advice on parts for my sbr

Saw this here on NES today:

Radical Firearms 8.5" 300 BLK complete upper with Seekins MCSR, ammo also available

, or here is a good starting point:

SBR Build - completed rifle vs stripped receiver

, or, at the very least, here's an upper to begin with:

Damage Industries M4 Upper Receiver Sale – $39

That said, I'd say get something OTHER than .300 "blackout". Get a 6.8, or one of the other .30's that fit in an AR and take standard magazines. From all I've read, the .300 "blackout" is for suppressed rifles, and a "SBR" most likely isn't going to be suppressed.

Saw this here on NES today:

Radical Firearms 8.5" 300 BLK complete upper with Seekins MCSR, ammo also available

, or here is a good starting point:

SBR Build - completed rifle vs stripped receiver

, or, at the very least, here's an upper to begin with:

Damage Industries M4 Upper Receiver Sale – $39

That said, I'd say get something OTHER than .300 "blackout". Get a 6.8, or one of the other .30's that fit in an AR and take standard magazines. From all I've read, the .300 "blackout" is for suppressed rifles, and a "SBR" most likely isn't going to be suppressed.

Some people don't want to take the chance with the gray area with sbr and mass awb.

Why would you SBR your preban lower? The preban lower can have all the evil features like flash hider and collapsible stock since it is preban. A SBR built on a new postban lower can also have these evil features.

So building an SBR on a preban lower is wasting the lower. Much better then to get a brand new lower and SBR that one.

"SBR=/=a rifle=no AWB" is a gray zone legality that no one has tested yet.

I'm not worried about killy features on my current SBR but with a preban SBR, there is definitely no gray zone and definitely no worry.

...From a design point of view the ar15 recoil system is pretty stupid with the long ass bolt and buffer and spring arrangement .
Heck even stoner realized this when he went to the ar180 . Most rifles now are setup like the ar180 or ak since is more compact and reliable design.

I am not familiar with the AR 180. Got a good source of info on these? Can you get them, or were they even made?

The AR180's I could find are more collectors pieces and cost a mint for what they are.
If that design was so superior then why is the M4 so ubiquitous?-

It wasn't superior enough. By the time the AR-18 arrived on the scene, nobody was going to change the logistics of the entire army, it made more sense to finish modifying the AR-15.

I am not familiar with the AR 180. Got a good source of info on these? Can you get them, or were they even made?

The AR180's I could find are more collectors pieces and cost a mint for what they are.

1b0100229ff322c33b9bb2984d7ad948.jpg

The bolt carrier is more compact allowing to have folding stocks etc.
the new ar180b that being sold in the early 2000's used the same dimension for the bolt and barrel extension as the ar15 so you could easily have barrels made in other calibers .

A lot of modern rifles use the same basic idea.
This is the scar 16 and 17 set up.
8811f02bce85633b9888d7c1eb3a1d4b.jpg

The British sa80 used a similar design but that is a pos rifle lol.

The new sig rifle and smg use the same basic idea also. Sig was smart tho that with there upper you can use it on a normal ar or m16 lower.
Able to have folding stocks and be able to fire when closed . Piston gas system so it don't shit where it eats . Runs cooler .
On my 45 acp arish build I made the blow back bolt like this .
It also allows a much more modular system .

It wasn't superior enough. By the time the AR-18 arrived on the scene, nobody was going to change the logistics of the entire army, it made more sense to finish modifying the AR-15.

OK, thanks. Looks like I wasn't missing some obvious thing.

You'd think the FAL in 5.56 would have been a hit.

Gotta wonder what other semi-auto 5.56 guns there are that I'm missing.

There must be something other than AR or AK to look at.

To the OP, I still think you should go with something other than .300. ;-)

OK, thanks. Looks like I wasn't missing some obvious thing.

You'd think the FAL in 5.56 would have been a hit.

Gotta wonder what other semi-auto 5.56 guns there are that I'm missing.

There must be something other than AR or AK to look at.

To the OP, I still think you should go with something other than .300. ;-)

Some interesting builds in 5.56...

http://blackthorneproducts.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_20&products_id=416

http://www.apexgunparts.com/parts-kits/cetme-bundle.html

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/German-HK53-A2-Navy-Parts-Kit-Complete-Used-158p1125.htm

Yeah, but of those, some look like they are only partial kits, and say "need receiver" or something like that. Others say limited in many states. I was wondering what might actually be available in MA, even if pre-ban.

Yeah, but of those, some look like they are only partial kits, and say "need receiver" or something like that. Others say limited in many states. I was wondering what might actually be available in MA, even if pre-ban.

This is the Build it yourself section of the forum, right? :)

Yes, these are all parts kits, but able to be built in MA. They are restricted in states like WA -- though the mags may be restricted here, you can usually order without the mag and pick them up elsewhere.

The operative part is that it looks like the receiver is likely not available at all, let alone in Mass.

There demilled kitts chopped up from full auto guns. it's not like building a ar.

Last edited:
yea the people that took over ohio rapid fire have the receivers for about 250 plus shipping. didn't look anywhere else just there

Look into that more.....
From what I read they messed up machining the front radius on the right side so it prevents the bolt carrier from full locking . People have had to mill it some .

Cnc warrior does runs now and then .

yea I was reading a few post. their website also suck. I will look around for receivers. I will also look around on pricing for galil kits. do you have any galils?

Back
Top Bottom