advice on parts for my sbr

yea I was reading a few post. their website also suck. I will look around for receivers. I will also look around on pricing for galil kits. do you have any galils?

Nah before I built my 74 in 556 kits where crazy expensive .
I believe apex has good prices for a kits still .
I wouldn't mind one . But a milled 556 Ak's style gun not high on my list now since Im working on other stuff . Stepping in to nfa and funds going to starting a company .

Last edited:
There demilled kitts chopped up from full auto guns. it's not like building a ar.

OK. Could you go into a little more detail on this?

Look at the cost of a receiver . There milled not stamped . $$$$$ . also the barrels are threaded and head spacing can be a pain.

Sounds unfun and complicated, maybe expensive as well.

So, as I was saying...

OK. Could you go into a little more detail on this?

Sounds unfun and complicated, maybe expensive as well.

So, as I was saying...

When it comes to surplus rifles like Ak's hk's cetme's fals Uzis Stens and so on etc. they are ex military guns. So the term parts kits is different then say a lower parts kit for a ar 15.

Because most of the time these mil guns where once full auto and because of 922r when they import them to our country they turn them into parts kits. They often come with the full auto triggers. Some you just don't use a part like Ak's others you need a new trigger setup . Like with open bolt guns you need to build you own closed bolt and trigger setup. Or you don't use the trigger in the kit in place of a America made one for 922r.

They chop the receiver up and cause of the new rules barrels can't be imported so they chop them up to . I forget the specs but it's like flame cut .

Let's take a ak for example .
This is a picture of a older import befor they had to chop the barrels .
15b2cf1b10b5354a18fdfc69d16c6674.jpg

This is what you would call a non demilled kit since they left bits of the reciver on the front and rear trunnion .

This is what you call a demilled it . It's ready to start building .
101179419ff07017c096ef757a693c9f.jpg

Normal stuff like Ak's and most hk's it's fairly easy to build into a working semi auto gun. Since the kits been imported long enough you can buy flats or 100% receiver 922r and semi auto parts.

Other stuff like that randomly showed up like the Cetme L parts kits . There is no flats/ receivers or barrels . You have to be able to make all the parts with some thing like a cetme the receiver is pretty hard.

Some thing like a tube smg style gun it's pretty easy to adapt stuff .

It's a lot of fun to build your own gun .
For me I can build a ak for under 500$ since I have tools and made other ones so I didn't need to buy. Buying tools to build one ak you might save a few bucks or might spend more depending on what your building . For example with the tools I paid for and cost of a kit it cost me 600$ to build my 54r ak (psl) they where going for 1200$ at the time.
If I built a normal 47 with the cost of tools I could of gotten a wars10 for less .

I helped at a ak build party this year and we got a bunch of people to build ak's for the cost of kit and parts. So they saved money vs buying pre made ones.

Stuff like hk's true German kits go for more then a working Turkish licensed copy made on hk tooling . So unless you got a hk fan boy problem it's cheaper to buy the copy then build from a German kit.

If your into stuff that's odd or special . Like building things . There a lot of fun. But some times you get pissed off and destroy parts of you start throwing a rifle around your yard yelling **** you Romania in a vodka fueled rage .

Some times you make stuff no one has.
85a4c9fb72831238c6fb1d32c2f93424.jpg

Last edited:

Lol funny you used that meme pic.

My sphynx is on overlook detail lol
20150908_093538.jpg

Anyone know if Century's Gaill "builds" have a bad rep like their other shit?

Last edited:
well I know they were using orf receivers at first then they dropped them because of the many problems they had with the receivers. they will not say whos receivers they use now. as far as I know, awo bought the leftover orf stock when the owner died and were selling those. they say they have fixed the problems with the receivers but with the horror stories I have read about there customer service and how they ban people from purchasing for making reviews that are not as they like, I will not trust to buy a receiver from them although they go on sale for under $100 sometime. I have not seen this sale but have read about it many times. there was a rumor about century using cnc receivers but that was denied by a rep at cnc and the rep at century denied to comment. best bet would be to google some reviews on the galils but I think you will like it a lot more building your own. ive been looking into it and am planning on that being my next build instead of the 1911

Back
Top Bottom