• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Advice for C&R orders

SKS Ray

NES Member
Just a heads up and word of advice for those of you ordering C&R firearms. One thing I always do when I place an order with a company is call back in a few days and get a tracking number. This allows me to go online through UPS, Fed Ex, etc. and track the progress of my package and see when delivery is scheduled. Some places might seem a little put out when asked for a tracking number, but its their obligation to supply it to the buyer for tracking purposes. Telling them you just want to make sure someone will be home to sign for it usually makes them understand.
After all, this is a firearm coming direct to you that will change hands many times before it arrives at your door step. Unless you're ordering a handgun which is sent next day overnight delivery by Fed Ex or UPS, a rifle may take up to a week to get to you from where you ordered it from. I know myself one thing I hate is coming home and seeing a yellow sticker on my door from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package that needed a signature but no one was home to sign for it. I'll actually lose sleep knowing a rifle I ordered is being kicked around at the local depot untill the next day.
Worse yet is the occasional ignorant UPS driver that will leave something like this with a neighbor.[frown]

Use the delivery notice number in the tracking feature. You might be able to change the pick-up options to "I need my
package today". If the local UPS terminal has night hours, you can pick it up that night.
GC

... I know myself one thing I hate is coming home and seeing a yellow sticker on my door from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package that needed a signature but no one was home to sign for it. I'll actually lose sleep knowing a rifle I ordered is being kicked around at the local depot untill the next day.
[frown]

Use the delivery notice number in the tracking feature. You might be able to change the pick-up options to "I need my
package today". If the local UPS terminal has night hours, you can pick it up that night.
GC

I don't know about other UPS terminals, but Brockton is pretty good about this. You can call them and they will hold the package for you.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom