Active Shooter Situation in Lewiston Maine

I read a doomsday book a while back that touched on this. Forget which one (they prob all do) You can live off the land but if your entire town simultaneously is in the woods in an effort to feed themselves, pretty soon theres not so much as a sparrow left. Something I hadnt thought of at the time. If we ever truly go off the rails, a mass die-off of people and animals is inevitable.
Over hunting, fishing, and foraging was a thing in some areas during the Great Depression. Some of the strong poaching laws in the country go back to that era.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeBalsamo1/status/1718271393618334148

[tinfoil]

Did they say if he was admitted against his will to a VA facility? If so, they would’ve 100 hundred percent taking his guns.
Right now its hard to say. They are dancing around the issue. The police were called, he was taken to a mental health facility but it was "voluntary"

So it depends on whose definition of "voluntary" prevails but you better believe nobody will want to admit that the system made a mistake.

We'll see.

Drip......drip.......like today the Maine Police have admitted that they were warned about his threats to shoot up people and places several weeks ago and that he was unstable.

They said that they looked around and couldn't find him...........

We'll see......
They don’t do their jobs and nothing happens but we get screwed for their inaction.
Got it.

So the story this morning is that Card tried to purchase a suppressor. According to ABC News, the transaction was blocked when he answered yes to being committed to a mental institution on the 4473. Of course the MSM is spinning that to, "He could have killed so many more people if the gun shots were not heard because of a silencer."

So.... He passed the ATF background check already if he is at the 4473 part. What the F is the ATF doing those 9 - 12 months? Apparently, not actual background checks.

PS: That's what i get for turning on a TV just to see the weather boobs guess if it will rain today.

So the story this morning is that Card tried to purchase a suppressor. According to ABC News, the transaction was blocked when he answered yes to being committed to a mental institution on the 4473. Of course the MSM is spinning that to, "He could have killed so many more people if the gun shots were not heard because of a silencer."

So.... He passed the ATF background check already if he is at the 4473 part. What the F is the ATF doing those 9 - 12 months? Apparently, not actual background checks.

PS: That's what i get for turning on a TV just to see the weather boobs guess if it will rain today.
We are getting snow not rain. 😂

I guess smoking a bale of weed is now acceptable in the eyes of the ATF.

He was institutionalized this summer, so it's possible he passed a background check before that. But don't suppressor vendors typically have you fill out the 4473 and make the purchase first and then send the paperwork to the ATF? In that case the transaction was blocked by the seller and never got to the ATF.

So once again, it comes down to whether a court ordered his commitment. If so, Maine's "Yellow Flag" warning should have kicked in and his guns seized. If not, the neither the ATF nor Maine LE would have grounds to act.

Who is this LaChapelle of Coastal Defense? He is either a total a**hole or severely misquoted. I just did search of the business, It's a "Pawn Shop" doubling as a gun shop.

Last edited:
Drip......drip.......like today the Maine Police have admitted that they were warned about his threats to shoot up people and places several weeks ago and that he was unstable.

They said that they looked around and couldn't find him...........

We'll see......

It looks like the PD tried to follow up but the guy had gone underground. Maybe...

I've been in the back offices of a towns PD recently for an LTC renewal.

No metal detector no asking about weapons, no pat down. Just did what we were doing and left.

Only asked about a firearm when we were going about finger prints cause even he had to disarm where they were doing them. Just tossed it in his locker for the 5 minutes and grabbed it on the way out.

Same when I went in for my interview. No heavy doors or metal detector.

But don't suppressor vendors typically have you fill out the 4473 and make the purchase first and then send the paperwork to the ATF?
I purchased from silencershop, rather certain the LGS did the 4473 at pick up time. I think....
Not that you can trust MSM, but they showed the form that Rick had, and the adjacent form had the stamp.

I purchased from silencershop, rather certain the LGS did the 4473 at pick up time. I think....
Not that you can trust MSM, but they showed the form that Rick had, and the adjacent form had the stamp.
I filled out a 4473 when I bought my Sig 762 can then I waited like everyone else.
When approved via email I filled out a 4473 again transferring the can from the shop to me at the time of actual possession.
Not sure why but that’s what Maine Military does. First can so nothing personal to compare it to. I was at A&G a couple of weeks ago. I’ll stop by them again and ask their policy as I want a dedicated 22 can.

Who is this LaChapelle of Coastal Defense? He is either a total a**hole or severely misquoted. I just did search of the business, It's a "Pawn Shop" doubling as a gun shop.
I have never met a pawn shop owner who wasn’t a complete dirtbag. You really have to be when only offering 10-20% of value during one’s time of extreme need…

I have never met a pawn shop owner who wasn’t a complete dirtbag. You really have to be when only offering 10-20% of value during one’s time of extreme need…
There’s one an hour and some change away I’ve been wanting to walk thru.
I’m not expecting much from the visit but a restaurant on the river literally around the corner is the driving factor.

I filled out a 4473 when I bought my Sig 762 can then I waited like everyone else.
When approved via email I filled out a 4473 again transferring the can from the shop to me at the time of actual possession.
Not sure why but that’s what Maine Military does. First can so nothing personal to compare it to. I was at A&G a couple of weeks ago. I’ll stop by them again and ask their policy as I want a dedicated 22 can.
There is only one 4473 and it is done after the initial form 4 comes back as approved.

Back
Top Bottom