Active Shooter Situation in Lewiston Maine

Media is too STUPID & USELESS to understand 1 entry hole + 1 exit hole
It’s the Daily Mail. They have better coverage than most but will sensationalize headlines as clickbait.

So the cops dragged out the investigation/manhunt or delayed the announcement Card was dead, so they could get more overtime and/or publicity?
That's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard involving this case.
Feds dragged it out for political purposes to change a news cycle unfavorable to them and to extend the irrational emotional response to push gun control. They never let a crisis go to waste if it is useful to them. But if you're Maui, HI or East Palestine, OH they are perfectly happy to let you get f***ed.

Last edited:
I think one of the things I'm getting at is this is basically it like this guy being dead is probably the best thing that can happen to the victim's families because they no longer have to think about the POS that did it anymore he's just dead and irrelevant I can't think of a better piece of closure frankly at least to move forward. Having the Dirtbag laying around in court and appearing on TV is just going to make the families of the victims relive the trauma over and over again rather than just allowing it to rest the guy being dead helps that process along frankly.
And go to many parole hearings. The first one will be all hands on deck, then each one that follows there are fewer as some will have passed, and by the time the liberal douchebag parole board is ready to release him your family has but a few to fill the chairs, his side will be filled with his family, friends, and law school dirtbags trying to free him. Ask me how I know.

The guy had serious mental health issues.

So the NG did nothing.
The mental health agency did nothing.
The state of Maine did nothing.
He threatened employees at the Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet last week in Hudson NH so the Hudson and NH State Police did nothing.
At what point in all of this should someone have done something to keep the citizens these ‘heroes’ work for safe from a known problem?
When will people in our government start losing their careers for total incompetence? This was 100% avoidable.

Dunno if this is real or not, but if it is, it's interesting.

Typical lefty post asking if the NRA and MAGA folks were happy about the situation. One of the responses is below. Sent by a fairly long time account of "Chet Gilford"

You know what? I probably should not respond to this at the moment, but I’m going to. Yesterday, I informed my daughter that her husband and 14yo son were killed in that Lewiston shooting. It was heart wrenching for me and worse for her. I can tell you with a 1000% percent certainty that every single person, man or woman, civilian or cop, wishes my son in law had been carrying his concealed weapon when went to pick up his son at the bowling alley. He hadn’t because of a sign on the door that ne weapons were allowed. He often picked up my grandson at the alley because the kids were in a bowling league. My son in law didn’t carry because of that little sign and he didn’t want to risk causing any problems.
Today, everyone, and I mean everyone, wishes he had.

Bill was a gun owner and we would often shoot in his back yard. At thanksgiving, he loved filling pumpkins with water and we would shoot those in his backyard while the turkey cooked. I gave him a 1911 45ACP as a wedding present. A couple of years ago, I gave Aaron a Ruger SP101 22LR 4” of his own. (Mom & Dad kept all guns locked up and supervised his shooting sessions. This summer, I took Aaron to a “Zombie Shoot competition. He used a 9mm and did an awesome job for his first time. Bill andAaron were supporters of responsible gun ownership as the NRA and GOAL promote.

Yesterday, even folks that I know don’t like guns, wishes Bill had had his CCW gun on his person. Our loved ones were killed by a deranged man who had threatened to frag and shoot up the National Guard members that he was part of. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks of psyche eval. (If that was state mandated, it would have been 5 days may, but military has a little more clout.)Was he subsequently allowed to have firearms? We don’t know. But being a firearms instructor with the NG, he had know how and access.

The murderer is still on the run. We do not give a crap if he gets shot by police or a civilian. But I do hope he doesn’t takehisownlife. I want him to know that apprehension of not seeing where it comes from. Bu5 the groundwork has already been laid so that despicable bastard will probably get off on grounds of insanity.

. That sign on the door was not there because of the NRA nor MAGA. It was there because of leftist fearmongers that blame the object instead the villain. Wake up people! You don’t blame the car for killing the pedestrian. You don’t flame the alcohol for it. You don’t blame the fentanyl for the overdose. The gun did not cause the murders.

So just for bullet points - he drove to the Lisbon boat ramp, ditched his rifle and car, then, during a massive police operation, walked 1 mile to work, unnoticed, in the same clothes, shot himself in the head twice behind a dumpster, and they found him 2 days later, well inside the search area. Ok, got it.
I was looking for someone one time at night. Maybe moving too fast, but my flashlight literally swept away from the guy as I walked past him. Guy behind me was doing the same thing but thankfully was opposite of me. His light swept him and we grabbed him. Literally one or two steps was all it took to miss a dude laying on the ground (asleep, thank God, in my case).

I wonder how many people had guns left in their car because of this. Stupid ass restrictions to carry.
Yup. Like the ridiculous restriction which prompted Suzanna Hupp to leave her gun elsewhere, respecting the Texas (at the time) laws and restrictions... and had to watch several people, including her father AND mother, being executed by yet another Wingnut Whackjob who had decided that that particular day was 'Judgment Day, entered Luby's Cafe and began blasting innocent, defenseless citizens. Some of whom were GUN OWNERS but who, alas, were also 'law abiders' and didn't carry their legal guns into the 'gun free' Luby's.... (links below for any youngsters or newcomers to this forum where most of us know the story and the lessons learned from having to OBEY the ridiculous, ass backwards Restrictions, Rules, Lawz, <blah effin blah> set in place by our damned POLITICIANS/LAWMAKERS)...

But I (angrily) digress, yet again, once again, just like every other 'once again' damned time that sh¥t like this happens...

View: http://youtu.be/pwadYRL_vVg?si=7CcRXGymVXfn_RFO

I hate to be that guy, but "pics or it didn't happen" seems this would get out with full details... so did the windup toy get his new ID and $5M cash and he's on his way to some remote tropical island or something?
And then what? They cross their fingers and hope he doesnt talk? If he truly was a wind-up they would pop him as soon as his usefulness was over

And, of course, the news this morning immediately reported that everyone is "living in fear", without actually checking to see just how prevalent the feeling may have been.
Yup. I remember vividly the empty, deserted streets of Boston where mostly all of the sheep had 'Sheltered in Place' as commanded/ordered/instructed by the Massachusetts Gestapo. My job was open, one of the few places in downtown Boston that remained open and active, and as I was leaving for work that afternoon my wife, who is also LTC, and daughter (also LTC! 😊) asked me semi-sarcastically as I headed for the door "So, are you carrying?" (LOL) and I showed them the G17 in my waistband (not an easy carry inside any waistband but try open carrying in Boston and see how long before you're surrounded at gunpoint and ordered to the ground, even though it is actually legal here), the three spare 17 round mags in my cargo pants (Wrangler makes a GREAT cargo pant for LTC which doesn't 'stand out' as unusual/scary/military etc and I wear them daily. Incredibly comfortable also), the G43 in my ankle holster (now sold, no longer own, and replaced with an equally compact size but sweetly larger capacity and much more accurate Sig P365, with great minimal recoil versus the snappy and low capacity G43), and as a 'joke' I also showed them the whistle I was carrying (as advised by some Gestapo types who told citizens that if they HAD to go out and earn a living to carry at least a whistle, and a cell phone to 'just call 911 LOL).
But 'nobody needs a gun', according to many Massachusetts nitwits...

Yup. I remember vividly the empty, deserted streets of Boston where mostly all of the sheep had 'Sheltered in Place' as commanded/ordered/instructed by the Massachusetts Gestapo. My job was open, one of the few places in downtown Boston that remained open and active, and as I was leaving for work that afternoon my wife, who is also LTC, and daughter (also LTC! 😊) asked me semi-sarcastically as I headed for the door "So, are you carrying?" (LOL) and I showed them the G17 in my waistband (not an easy carry inside any waistband but try open carrying in Boston and see how long before you're surrounded at gunpoint and ordered to the ground, even though it is actually legal here), the three spare 17 round mags in my cargo pants (Wrangler makes a GREAT cargo pant for LTC which doesn't 'stand out' as unusual/scary/military etc and I wear them daily. Incredibly comfortable also), the G43 in my ankle holster (now sold, no longer own, and replaced with an equally compact size but sweetly larger capacity and much more accurate Sig P365, with great minimal recoil versus the snappy and low capacity G43), and as a 'joke' I also showed them the whistle I was carrying (as advised by some Gestapo types who told citizens that if they HAD to go out and earn a living to carry at least a whistle, and a cell phone to 'just call 911 LOL).
But 'nobody needs a gun', according to many Massachusetts nitwits...

Yeah, I drove through the City that weekend too. I was on my way from RI to Reading and the traffic was pleasantly light.[rofl]

Feds are cops. Also I may be wrong on this, don’t the local police have jurisdiction over the Feds?

It depends. The Feds have no jurisdiction at all over most crimes, but State and Local Law enforcement may ask for assistance. Other crimes they have primary jurisdiction. And while it doesn’t happen as often as Hollywood would have you believe, turf wars happen.

I mean look at the Boston bombing they were raiding these places with all this tech and tactics and some guy found him in his boat in the backyard lol

The Marathon Bombing is a near-perfect example of a jurisdictional pissing contest. LEOs, State Police, FBI, ATF, MIT police, the MBTA SWAT team and others were all involved and there was no central authority. Some were “self-deployed” cops who showed up on their own. There was even a physical confrontation between snipers about who would use a particular vantage point.

There were 100’s of rounds fired at the boat The vast majority were contagious fire, and none were actually aimed at Tsarnaev.

The guy had serious mental health issues.

So the NG did nothing.
The mental health agency did nothing.
The state of Maine did nothing.
He threatened employees at the Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet last week in Hudson NH so the Hudson and NH State Police did nothing.
At what point in all of this should someone have done something to keep the citizens these ‘heroes’ work for safe from a known problem?
When will people in our government start losing their careers for total incompetence? This was 100% avoidable.

Yep. Maine has a so-called “Yellow-Flag” law that requires a mental health professional and police to get an order from a judge to seize firearms for up to a year. When the mental health professionals dropped the ball, gun control advocates decry the need for them and demand “Red Flag” orders, that require any complaint to police to obtain a rubber-stamp ERPO.It’s that Due Process they say is to blame.

Let’s add up the number of murders committed by violent criminals out on bail or probation. Why do 100s of individual murders count less than a single mass shooting of 18? Because the former are about social justice.

Watching the update from Maine's Dept of Public Safety. I like Commissioner Mike Sauschuck. He seems like a straight shooter without an agenda, talking plain language. I like how he describes the legal differences between being forcibly committed for evaluation vs committed for treatment and how that affects the background check.

So just for bullet points - he drove to the Lisbon boat ramp, ditched his rifle and car, then, during a massive police operation, walked 1 mile to work, unnoticed, in the same clothes, shot himself in the head twice behind a dumpster, and they found him 2 days later, well inside the search area. Ok, got it.
If the story they’re giving is true and with all these federal resources, they can’t catch one guy in the woods… Can you imagine when millions of guys and gals go into the woods….🤔🤔

So, it is confirmed. The bowling alley was in fact a posted "gun free zone".

1698504343479.png

The sign circled says: “We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing firearms in this building and we would appreciate it if you left them in your vehicle. Please keep our atmosphere family-friendly.” This is the best shot through all the police barricades.
What is interesting is that the Schemengees Bar and Grille is said to also have the same type of sign, but latest photos don't show one. Either it was taken down after the shooting, or perhaps it had been removed prior.

Either way, just another case of a criminal heading to a "gun free zone" to commit their crimes.
1698504585854.png

I am still holding reserve for awhile as this story is not yet fully known. Little drips here and there. Ex's afraid of him, DUI on record, the "admitted" and "committed" thingy ain't laid bare yet, at least to me. I ain't saying any of it is true or false or even a disqualify for lic just that I have seen too many of these cases take weeks before you can draw out many facts of the case.

If the story they’re giving is true and with all these federal resources, they can’t catch one guy in the woods… Can you imagine when millions of guys and gals go into the woods….🤔🤔
Read the story of Eric Rudolph. The entire federal government was looking for him for years. Found dumpster diving by a rookie cop. 😳

It depends. The Feds have no jurisdiction at all over most crimes, but State and Local Law enforcement may ask for assistance. Other crimes they have primary jurisdiction. And while it doesn’t happen as often as Hollywood would have you believe, turf wars happen.

The Marathon Bombing is a near-perfect example of a jurisdictional pissing contest. LEOs, State Police, FBI, ATF, MIT police, the MBTA SWAT team and others were all involved and there was no central authority. Some were “self-deployed” cops who showed up on their own. There was even a physical confrontation between snipers about who would use a particular vantage point.

There were 100’s of rounds fired at the boat The vast majority were contagious fire, and none were actually aimed at Tsarnaev.
And the day before the cops shot at each other. I believe one was seriously wounded but survived.

Dunno if this is real or not, but if it is, it's interesting.

Typical lefty post asking if the NRA and MAGA folks were happy about the situation. One of the responses is below. Sent by a fairly long time account of "Chet Gilford"
That's exactly why the only sign I care about is metal detectors on premissist which means do not enter, period.

Yup. Like the ridiculous restriction which prompted Suzanna Hupp to leave her gun elsewhere, respecting the Texas (at the time) laws and restrictions... and had to watch several people, including her father AND mother, being executed by yet another Wingnut Whackjob who had decided that that particular day was 'Judgment Day, entered Luby's Cafe and began blasting innocent, defenseless citizens. Some of whom were GUN OWNERS but who, alas, were also 'law abiders' and didn't carry their legal guns into the 'gun free' Luby's.... (links below for any youngsters or newcomers to this forum where most of us know the story and the lessons learned from having to OBEY the ridiculous, ass backwards Restrictions, Rules, Lawz, <blah effin blah> set in place by our damned POLITICIANS/LAWMAKERS)...

But I (angrily) digress, yet again, once again, just like every other 'once again' damned time that sh¥t like this happens...

View: http://youtu.be/pwadYRL_vVg?si=7CcRXGymVXfn_RFO

I saw Suzanna Hupp speak at the 2nd Amendment March in Washington, DC in 2010... a bus trip that was organized through this website. A more powerful story and speaker, it would be hard to find. It made an impression on me, and I vowed to never leave my handgun behind!

At the time, I was living in a MA red town and had a restricted license, but that didn't stop me. For several years, I carried on a restricted license everywhere... including to, from and at work where my office job brought me face-to-face with the owner and coworkers dozens of times a day. An unrestricted LTC wouldn't have made any difference if I'd been found with a firearm (I'd have been fired on the spot) — and the job was very important to me — but carrying was more important. Eventually, I got so good at concealing a handgun that I'd even carry my G17 at work. Sometimes, I carried two guns, and I was never discovered.

I'm definitely not recommending anybody else do what I did, and I have to admit that it caused quite a bit of stress in my life... especially whenever I saw a police cruiser behind me while driving, but that never stopped me. Sometimes, I've wondered if maybe I shouldn't have been so adamant about carrying because it eventually affected my marriage and caused a divorce.

Naw, actually, I don't regret it at all... because I stood up for what I believe in!

Thankfully, I'm out of that hellhole (MA), and I'm never going back. I'm assuming nothing I've written is admissible in court, and really there's nothing any authority in MA can come after me for at this point, so there you go... first time I've written about it (and more than likely the last).

Back
Top Bottom