Active Shooter Situation in Lewiston Maine

I saw Suzanna Hupp speak at the 2nd Amendment March in Washington, DC in 2010... a bus trip that was organized through this website. A more powerful story and speaker, it would be hard to find. It made an impression on me, and I vowed to never leave my handgun behind!

At the time, I was living in a MA red town and had a restricted license, but that didn't stop me. For several years, I carried on a restricted license everywhere... including to, from and at work where my office job brought me face-to-face with the owner and coworkers dozens of times a day. An unrestricted LTC wouldn't have made any difference if I'd been found with a firearm (I'd have been fired on the spot) — and the job was very important to me — but carrying was more important. Eventually, I got so good at concealing a handgun that I'd even carry my G17 at work. Sometimes, I carried two guns, and I was never discovered.

I'm definitely not recommending anybody else do what I did, and I have to admit that it caused quite a bit of stress in my life... especially whenever I saw a police cruiser behind me while driving, but that never stopped me. Sometimes, I've wondered if maybe I shouldn't have been so adamant about carrying because it eventually affected my marriage and caused a divorce.

Naw, actually, I don't regret it at all... because I stood up for what I believe in!

Thankfully, I'm out of that hellhole (MA), and I'm never going back. I'm assuming nothing I've written is admissible in court, and really there's nothing any authority in MA can come after me for at this point, so there you go... first time I've written about it (and more than likely the last).
Everyone should have this attitude. There isn't a single gun free zone in America.

I am still holding reserve for awhile as this story is not yet fully known. Little drips here and there. Ex's afraid of him, DUI on record, the "admitted" and "committed" thingy ain't laid bare yet, at least to me. I ain't saying any of it is true or false or even a disqualify for lic just that I have seen too many of these cases take weeks before you can draw out many facts of the case.
Did they say if he was admitted against his will to a VA facility? If so, they would’ve 100 hundred percent taking his guns.

So, it is confirmed. The bowling alley was in fact a posted "gun free zone".
Do "gun free" zones in Maine have the force of law behind them?

I know a few dudes in NH who just ignore those signs as all the property owner can do is ask you to leave (or face misdemeanor trespass) if the gun gets discovered.

That's exactly why the only sign I care about is metal detectors on premissist which means do not enter, period.
Pretty much every major police station is a fortress with an interstitial weapons checkpoint at the front door, bulletproof glass behind the desk and heavy gauge steel doors leading to the back offices, right? Those are true gun free zones. Schools and hospitals with a no sign on top of a Beretta pistol and an unarmed security guy at the front desk with a radio don't work as well.

Dunno if this is real or not, but if it is, it's interesting.

Typical lefty post asking if the NRA and MAGA folks were happy about the situation. One of the responses is below. Sent by a fairly long time account of "Chet Gilford"
Powerful and well said.
Feds are cops. Also I may be wrong on this, don’t the local police have jurisdiction over the Feds?

I mean look at the Boston bombing they were raiding these places with all this tech and tactics and some guy found him in his boat in the backyard lol
Generally speaking, locals are first on scene and take up the Incident Command role. 'Maybe' once a fed shows up with specific expertise, they will take over IC. My group hardly ever took IC over anything and we filled slots as needed. But we didn't wear Armani suits either. Look at Uvalde for how that can be a cluster.
If the story they’re giving is true and with all these federal resources, they can’t catch one guy in the woods… Can you imagine when millions of guys and gals go into the woods….🤔🤔
Finding one person, with a significant head start is harder than you think. Someone in their own back yard? Even harder if they know the lay of the land and how to move. I doubt this guy had any SERE experience from the military, 99% don't get that school. Nothing saying he wasn't a prepper type who did his own research and/or hunted.

Finding one person, with a significant head start is harder than you think. Someone in their own back yard? Even harder if they know the lay of the land and how to move. I doubt this guy had any SERE experience from the military, 99% don't get that school. Nothing saying he wasn't a prepper type who did his own research and/or hunted.
I’ve read one article that said he was an experienced hunter. That said, it seems like he didn’t go far, went into an 18-wheeler and offed himself, which doesn’t require experience as an outdoorsman.

Pretty much every major police station is a fortress with an interstitial weapons checkpoint at the front door, bulletproof glass behind the desk and heavy gauge steel doors leading to the back offices, right? Those are true gun free zones. Schools and hospitals with a no sign on top of a Beretta pistol and an unarmed security guy at the front desk with a radio don't work as well.
I've been in the back offices of a towns PD recently for an LTC renewal.

No metal detector no asking about weapons, no pat down. Just did what we were doing and left.

Only asked about a firearm when we were going about finger prints cause even he had to disarm where they were doing them. Just tossed it in his locker for the 5 minutes and grabbed it on the way out.

Do "gun free" zones in Maine have the force of law behind them?

I know a few dudes in NH who just ignore those signs as all the property owner can do is ask you to leave (or face misdemeanor trespass) if the gun gets discovered.

Yes. Since the bowling alley served alcohol, the charge gets bumped to "criminal possession of a firearm." It's only a misdemeanor, but it comes with revocation of any LTC and 5 years on the naughty list.

I’ve read one article that said he was an experienced hunter. That said, it seems like he didn’t go far, went into an 18-wheeler and offed himself, which doesn’t require experience as an outdoorsman.
I guess the question would be 'when' did he off himself. Coroner will be able to spitball when he died, then they'll know for sure in the after action if someone missed it or he moved there after it was searched. Even we didn't do extensive training for this type of search, I was mainly looking for people I could track, maybe lose solid track and look for tail again.

Assuming someone was keeping a track of grids and when they were searched. Early on, it would be pretty chaotic, hard to keep track.

Watching the update from Maine's Dept of Public Safety. I like Commissioner Mike Sauschuck. He seems like a straight shooter without an agenda, talking plain language. I like how he describes the legal differences between being forcibly committed for evaluation vs committed for treatment and how that affects the background check.
I saw him yesterday and I agree. That guy is as sharp as a tack.

If the story they’re giving is true and with all these federal resources, they can’t catch one guy in the woods… Can you imagine when millions of guys and gals go into the woods….🤔🤔
A group would be easier to find. More ground sign, more heat for FLIR, more trash. The problem is also our woodlands can't support our population any more. If we all 'went dark' in the woods, you'd sanitize the area pretty quickly. Hell, they have to put fish in the streams in Northern Maine every year, the water near the Canadian border is sterile due to fish poachers from the other side of the line. Deer and moose get thinned out as well.

I've been in the back offices of a towns PD recently for an LTC renewal.

No metal detector no asking about weapons, no pat down. Just did what we were doing and left.

Only asked about a firearm when we were going about finger prints cause even he had to disarm where they were doing them. Just tossed it in his locker for the 5 minutes and grabbed it on the way out.
Any recently built police station will have an entrance point that leads into what is basically a bullet proof cage. Ballistic glass for the dispatcher or desk sgt, and locked steel doors that lead into the back offices.

Even in my small town they have a setup like that. No metal detectors or anything though.

A group would be easier to find. More ground sign, more heat for FLIR, more trash. The problem is also our woodlands can't support our population any more. If we all 'went dark' in the woods, you'd sanitize the area pretty quickly. Hell, they have to put fish in the streams in Northern Maine every year, the water near the Canadian border is sterile due to fish poachers from the other side of the line. Deer and moose get thinned out as well.
Nope, they could never track a group nor find them

I read a doomsday book a while back that touched on this. Forget which one (they prob all do) You can live off the land but if your entire town simultaneously is in the woods in an effort to feed themselves, pretty soon theres not so much as a sparrow left. Something I hadnt thought of at the time. If we ever truly go off the rails, a mass die-off of people and animals is inevitable.

I read a doomsday book a while back that touched on this. Forget which one (they prob all do) You can live off the land but if your entire town simultaneously is in the woods in an effort to feed themselves, pretty soon theres not so much as a sparrow left. Something I hadnt thought of at the time. If we ever truly go off the rails, a mass die-off of people and animals is inevitable.
That's why my 'body count' for CW2.0 is billions. The world will starve if we go down.

Any recently built police station will have an entrance point that leads into what is basically a bullet proof cage. Ballistic glass for the dispatcher or desk sgt, and locked steel doors that lead into the back offices.

Even in my small town they have a setup like that. No metal detectors or anything though.

The Framingham PD was fairly recently rebuilt and it is laid out just like you say.

Here's the funny thing about the public bathrooms there, though. They keep them locked! (or at least the last time I was there - needed to wash ink off my fingers)

I asked the sergeant why they'd lock the bathrooms and he BLUSHED, muttered something about vegetables and went to find the key.

I always wondered what the back story was...

The Framingham PD was fairly recently rebuilt and it is laid out just like you say.

Here's the funny thing about the public bathrooms there, though. They keep them locked! (or at least the last time I was there - needed to wash ink off my fingers)

I asked the sergeant why they'd lock the bathrooms and he BLUSHED, muttered something about vegetables and went to find the key.

I always wondered what the back story was...
Some nut job went in there and stuffed a bunch of food in the toilet clogging it up and flooding the front lobby. Then she came out and started throwing vegetables or some shit at the front desk lobby window before they proceeded to bundle her.

Most I know if had to start locking them because homeless would be in there daily and leave it disgusting or shitbirds would actually lock themselves in there to shoot up. Couldn’t afford to have an OD death in their own lobby.

Some nut job went in there and stuffed a bunch of food in the toilet clogging it up and flooding the front lobby. Then she came out and started throwing vegetables or some shit at the front desk lobby window before they proceeded to bundle her.

Most I know if had to start locking them because homeless would be in there daily and leave it disgusting or shitbirds would actually lock themselves in there to shoot up. Couldn’t afford to have an OD death in their own lobby.

It certainly went down in the local history books.

There is no denying that the tragic murders of 18 people in Maine is beyond horrific.

And there have been past events equally horrific.

What seems to me to be incredibly insensitive is for someone to only show concern because some of the victims share the same physical impairment.

No concern for past victims and seemingly only publicly acknowledged this event because some of the victims were deaf.

Back
Top Bottom