• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter in CO, 10 Dead

Yeah, I know.

But it still bums me out when I see it on a forum that's ostensibly for gun owners who ought to value individual rights and responsibilities.

I applaud the effort, and maybe if we’d stood up to the Patriot Act way back it might have made a difference. I think the tick is dug in at this point.

I applaud the effort, and maybe if we’d stood up to the Patriot Act way back it might have made a difference. I think the tick is dug in at this point.
I know.

I don't die on all that many hills, especially compared to a lot of people here who are more black-and-white than I am. But statism sucks. I'll always try to call it out.

From the peanut gallery comes a stink bomb:

pic246267.jpg

1. Power corrupts. So, the State has a tendency to go overboard. As you well know.
2. Our legal traditions grant the State the power to prosecute offenses.
3. The State often prosecutes the wrong people.
4. In any criminal prosecution, the State has ALL the power.
5. Western legal tradition, starting waaaaaay back in 1215, has sought to limit that power in order to give accused people a fighting chance. In case the State has gotten it wrong. Which it often does.

You're not arguing with me. You're arguing with Magna Carta.

This particular case happened 2,000 miles away less than 24 hours ago. You and I have NO IDEA what motivated this criminal. Your confidence in his guilt as a terrorist and, I suspect, your eagerness to lock him up forever and throw away the key or, preferably, simply shoot him behind the jail, is exactly why the State needs to be forced to be fair to accused people. This guy? Sure. He's guilty of murder at the least, and he'll be in jail forever.

But if it's easy to railroad him by blithely labeling him a terrorist just because you dislike his last name, it'll be pretty easy for President Ocasio-Cortes to label you as a terrorist down the road, simply because she dislikes your lifestyle and choice of hobby.

Me, I prefer to fight the State's efforts to make themselves stronger at every turn. YMMV.
First of all your out of line and wrong saying I want to label this guy a Terrorist because of his name, if he didn’t kill 10 people in a grocery store I would not want to label him a Terrorist, big difference from Ocasio-Cortez labeling me a Terrorist because I’m a white guy with a rifle. I support any Rifle toting American who is White, Black, Spanish, Whatever color or Race I don’t give a shit as long as they are on the good side. For you to presume this is about him being Muslim then your being ignorant. As far as what your revisiting shit from 1215 or however long ago I can’t keep up with that, your the teacher I’m just a slightly educated ex Jail guy but I do know what the difference between the State over stepping it’s bounds and marking some piece of shit shooter of people in a grocery story a Terrorist

As far as what your revisiting shit from 1215 or however long ago I can’t keep up with that...

You've heard the saying about people who don't understand history being condemned to repeat it? This is that.

Statists love to label their enemies. Labeling them makes it easier to pass laws that infringe on their rights, laws like the USA Patriot Act. It's no more right for you to label this guy as a terrorist (for whatever reason) than it would be for the government to label you as a terrorist (for whatever reason). Not if that label is applied solely to make it easier to prosecute them.

That's all I'm saying.

First of all your out of line and wrong saying I want to label this guy a Terrorist because of his name, if he didn’t kill 10 people in a grocery store I would not want to label him a Terrorist, big difference from Ocasio-Cortez labeling me a Terrorist because I’m a white guy with a rifle. I support any Rifle toting American who is White, Black, Spanish, Whatever color or Race I don’t give a shit as long as they are on the good side. For you to presume this is about him being Muslim then your being ignorant. As far as what your revisiting shit from 1215 or however long ago I can’t keep up with that, your the teacher I’m just a slightly educated ex Jail guy but I do know what the difference between the State over stepping it’s bounds and marking some piece of shit shooter of people in a grocery story a Terrorist

we should probably just wait til we see ISIS sympathizer postings by the shooter and stuff like that before labeling him anything. It may walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, but it could still be a camel. Sorry, that’s racist, I mean a horse.

1. Power corrupts. So, the State has a tendency to go overboard. As you well know.
5. Western legal tradition, starting waaaaaay back in 1215, has sought to limit that power in order to give accused people a fighting chance. In case the State has gotten it wrong. Which it often does.

This particular case happened 2,000 miles away less than 24 hours ago. You and I have NO IDEA what motivated this criminal. Your confidence in his guilt as a terrorist and, I suspect, your eagerness to lock him up forever and throw away the key or, preferably, simply shoot him behind the jail, is exactly why the State needs to be forced to be fair to accused people. This guy? Sure. He's guilty of murder at the least, and he'll be in jail forever.

But if it's easy to railroad him by blithely labeling him a terrorist just because you dislike his last name, it'll be pretty easy for President Ocasio-Cortes to label you as a terrorist down the road, simply because she dislikes your lifestyle and choice of hobby.

Me, I prefer to fight the State's efforts to make themselves stronger at every turn. YMMV.

Yeah but none of that matters, if the feds wanted him they could indict him on a raft of charges in about 10 seconds flat. They won't though, because it doesn't suit the narrative. Calling this guy a domestic terrorist would steal some of the thunder away from the gun control fervor.

Even if they did indict, the state would still have their raft of charges as a tack on or separate trials, etc. Most of that is a formality though given someone who will get life or multiple life sentences.

*I don't like fed legal adventurism either, but in a post 9/11 legal existence in this country, good luck stopping that stuff.

we should probably just wait til we see ISIS sympathizer postings by the shooter and stuff like that before labeling him anything. It may walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, but it could still be a camel. Sorry, that’s racist, I mean a horse.
That is fair, but I swear I read he was an ISIS sympathizer. I’m not back pedaling because I still stand by labeling him Terrorist. I think it fits the mold of domestic terrorism.

You've heard the saying about people who don't understand history being condemned to repeat it? This is that.

Statists love to label their enemies. Labeling them makes it easier to pass laws that infringe on their rights, laws like the USA Patriot Act. It's no more right for you to label this guy as a terrorist (for whatever reason) than it would be for the government to label you as a terrorist (for whatever reason). Not if that label is applied solely to make it easier to prosecute them.

That's all I'm saying.
I get it, I just hope you understand where I’m coming from. If you disagree based on your convictions and what you feel about the constitution and the State then that’s fine, I don’t believe your on this guys side.

That is fair, but I swear I read he was an ISIS sympathizer. I’m not back pedaling because I still stand by labeling him Terrorist. I think it fits the mold of domestic terrorism.

Its amazing what we don’t know. We know he bought an AR15, but somehow the police don’t know if he used it in the attack, cause his family says they took it away from him two days prior.

Does anyone on the Boulder PD know what an AR15 looks like? Are they trying to concoct an explanation for how he used an AR15 that his family took away from him before the attack?

I simply don’t trust anything I read anymore from the mainstream media and government. They are Pravda and the Politburo as far as trust goes. So I’m skeptical of the story that he was just an angry kid who snapped.

Last edited:
Its amazing what we don’t know. We know he bought an AR15, but somehow the police don’t know if he used it in the attack, cause his family says they took it away from him two days prior.

Does anyone on the Boulder PD know what an AR15 looks like? Are they trying to concoct an explanation for how he used an AR15 that his family took away from him before the attack?

I simple don’t trust anything I read anymore from the mainstream media and government. They are Pravda and the Politburo as far as trust goes. So I’m skeptical of the story that he was just an angry kid who snapped.
I haven’t even read anything more on it other than the initial write ups, I think I read “AR 15 Style Assault Rifle” ? whatever the F’K that is. Could be a disturbed kid that had major anger or mental Heath issues and used a Biden Special Shotgun for all I know. But the situation is/was he took a Gun and went into a grocery store and shot a bunch of people killing 10. Domestic Terrorist act regardless if he did it for Allah or he was just F’Ked in the head. Give him his fair trial and send him to ADX so he can become more mentally unstable inside a cement room where he can’t hurt anyone.

This sounds so good!
red3.gif
Unfortunately, Il Dementi and his Dominion reduced all of that into an old fairy tale.
We are no longer operating in a logical space. Everything is going to be twisted and everything is political.
I am not sure if we can grasp the amount of craziness right above us.

So, Syria was a progressive country, but our idiots decided to support religious fanatics. What America has done in Syria would be an equivalent of Canada exciting Amish population in Ohio and PA to make us all into Amish just because! We had no plan, no idea and we have created a massive amount of refugees which suffocated Europe. Europe was begging Erdogan for help. And Erdogan used it to Turkey's benefits. Today we have no business in Syria. We have lost there. Syria is controlled by Turkey, Iran and Russia.

We have no rules inside and outside. We are a disaster, which just happened, and us sitting here and thinking like 2016 is an absolute waste of time. We are about to become New Zealand, in regard of guns, and instead of us organizing and getting ready, we are spending time on Syrian refugee which was created by Obamba.

CNN should hire one of us. Their expertise is on the level of cro magnons.

Lol.

I can imagine the look of joy on the writer's face when he was able to include the word "automatically:"

"They are loaded with magazines that automatically feed bullets as the gun is fired."

Because there's literally no reason to include that word in there until you realize how desperate CNN is to plant the word in the heads of the sheep.

Lol.

I can imagine the look of joy on the writer's face when he was able to include the word "automatically:"

"They are loaded with magazines that automatically feed bullets as the gun is fired."

Because there's literally no reason to include that word in there until you realize how desperate CNN is to plant the word in the heads of the sheep.

CNN has what, 300 viewers now? If not for NESers linking their articles, we wouldn’t know they exist.

At the end of the day, it really won't matter why this guy went bananas.
As facts emerge, the liberal media and social media will just pull a different card from their deck of anti gun rhetoric.
The cards that have and will be played include....
White guy, racist... rightwing extremist...Need magazine limits... Go fish
Islamic terrorist... ISIS .... Need more back ground checks... Go fish
Disgruntled employee... racially motivated... Need waiting period...Go fish
Gee,none of those cards are a winner.... how about...

Loner with suspected mental health issues. Lived in parents basement...
Cool! Lets play the mandatory mental health screening card! We will make all potential gun owners submit to a psychological exam, at their own expense and a lengthy process, to further delay and discourage people from obtaining a firearm.

When the details change, they just play a different card from the anti gun, progressive deck of cards.

CNN has what, 300 viewers now? If not for NESers linking their articles, we wouldn’t know they exist.

Oh boy, still flying on autopilot?

Remember when we were laughing at Joe Dementi's "rallies" attendance?

And who has had the last laugh? Dominion, my friend!

CNN is the official airports, schools, bathrooms, and waiting rooms channel. It does not matter how many viewers it has! It is like a weed, nothing grows from underneath it!

We have to depart with the illusion that there is some kind of a common sense left in this nation and thus it can survive lunacy of few crazy donks. Likes don't matter anymore. What matters is what dominates! [slap]

We were laughing at this:

View: https://youtu.be/MJ8rrO4Qr2Y

View: https://youtu.be/O_WF17c4RGk

And now they are blaming us instead of silly politicians and their stupid ideas and deeds!

Last edited:
"Terrorism" really is a word that's lost all meaning at this point though. The abuse potential poses more of a threat to liberty than whatever benefit exists from applying it (as the media and politicians see fit).

In my mind terrorism requires some agenda, ie scare people to accomplish something political. Both mass murderers but a serial killer isn't likely a terrorist as they just do it for fun, a serial bomber probably is.

AR style pistol, only white gun owners can be labeled "Domestic Terrorists". The guy is mentally ill, anyone who randomly shoots innocent people is not right.

Stop slurping CNN in the morning! Mentally ill? Why? Because he had a fight in the high school? Or, wait, even better one, because he has purchased a mean looking weapon?

For rest of the world America is an aggressor. We have killed innocent people in Syria, we just bombed them recently under crazy Joe's order, we have killed innocent people in Serbia, so muslims from Kosovo can burn Serbian villages and Serbian orthodox churches.

This is how we are seen by others:

View: https://youtu.be/mX6FVzqbh1E

Back
Top Bottom