"...accidental shooting of one suspect."

Drug raid, 34 arrests, 1
suspect shot

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) - A federal drug raid in Bridgeport and Stratford has resulted in the arrest of 34 people and the accidental shooting of one suspect.

Prosecutors say the arrests came as the result of a yearlong investigation into the distribution of crack cocaine and heroin in the region. That investigation, dubbed "Operation G-Force," involved wiretaps, controlled drug buys and physical surveillance.

Prosecutors say Juan Hernandez of Bridgeport was shot as he was taken into custody shortly before 6 a.m. when an FBI agent unintentionally discharged his weapon.

Hernandez was taken to a local hospital for treatment of what authorities describe as non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities say the shooting will be investigated by an independent team.

Drug raid, 34 arrests, 1
suspect shot

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) - Juan Hernandez of Bridgeport was shot as he was taken into custody shortly before 6 a.m. when an FBI agent unintentionally discharged his weapon.
Soon we should see....
In a related story, Juan Hernandez sues the state and is now a multi millionaire as well as having all charges dropped in order to testify against the FBI agent. Further, Hernandez has won a civil suit against the agent and now owns his house, car, dog and wife. [frown]

Cops need to learn to not point their weapons at non-threats. Keeping the gun at low ready in a safe direction would have resulted in simply shooting at nothing(hopefully).

Since the FBI standard issue gun is a Glock, you'd have to find a very stupid person to take that bet. But I certainly don't blame this incident on the gun.

No I don't blame the incident on the gun either. And I didn't know the standard FBI issue sidearm is a Glock. I just knew it was a friggin' Glock.

Soon we should see....
In a related story, Juan Hernandez sues the state and is now a multi millionaire as well as having all charges dropped in order to testify against the FBI agent. Further, Hernandez has won a civil suit against the agent and now owns his house, car, dog and wife. [frown]

Sad but true. One stupid move by an agent will cost us millions and this scum bag will be rich. (yea I know he's still a suspect but if you hang out in a crack house you are a scumbag)

No I don't blame the incident on the gun either. And I didn't know the standard FBI issue sidearm is a Glock. I just knew it was a friggin' Glock.

Standard issue is a Glock 22 or 23. They do authorize other handguns.

Of course, since 50% of police officers in the US carry Glocks, chances are that most law enforcement NDs happen with Glocks, since more LEOs carry a Glock than any other gun.

Back
Top Bottom