A chicken sandwich worth fighting for

Brookline Ave, Fenway and Drum Hill Rd. Chelmsford. I think there’s one in Worcester too.

There's a Popeyes in Nashua on the DW (off RT 3, exit 2) right next to Tulley BMW/Mazda, at the entrance road to BJ's and Lowes. I've been by it a thousand times, never went in.

Junk food does strange things to people.

Sunday is the Lord's day and so they are closed as work should be minimized on that day. If you want it on Sunday, buy it on Saturday and put it in the fridge.

There is a Popeye's on Northeastern's campus! And in Everett. Honestly, as a midwesterner, Church's Chicken is waaaaaay better than Popeye's.
There is a Popeyes a few miles down the road from me. Good fried chicken, almost as good as I remember Church's Fried Chicken when I lived down south.

Maybe it was just the Church's Chicken I've been to, but it was the worst damn fried chicken I've ever had.

Tried Popeyes once, didn't like.
Had chik fil a twice now, good, meaty, fresh buns.
KFC, I always go for the original thighs, that is truly my heroin....I break down and get 3 thighs original about every 6-8 months, that's about all I can handle.
I do the drive-thru, park way in back, eat it real quick and hope no-one spots my truck...I really feel like I'm doing something illegal when I'm eating this garbage.

Wait, what?

Last I knew the one in Brockton closed years ago, if they've got a new(er) joint I'm gonna need to find that.
Yeah man, I believe they opened a new one recently. I don't know where exactly as I'm not familiar with Brockton, but I'm sure it's there.

I hate to call out fellow NESers. But I think there's something wrong with your taste buds if KFC beats CFA.
Yeah, but you can't get a bucket of chicken at CFA and those sides. [bow]

I enjoy the hell out of a CFA sandie, but lets not forget the pinnacle of fast food chicken sandies.

doubledown.jpg

This has been happening for years... chicken is a helluva drug.

I stopped by the one in New Bedford on Sunday after going to the range, and it look like this just before noon. Took 25 minutes just to order, and another 10 to get the food

I will attempt to purchase a bucket of chicken at the Chicopee store tomorrow. Oops, no chicken sammie for you.

"Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen just couldn’t keep up with the demand for their immensely popular chicken sandwich.

The restaurant tweeted Tuesday afternoon that the product was sold out all across the country.
The sandwich was immediately a hit when it was launched on Aug. 12. Stores frequently sold out of the product in hours, hanging up signs indicating they were sold out for the day.

The demand for the product rose following a Twitter feud with rival chicken restaurant Chick-fil-A."
The high demand of the product led to some tactics to make a quick buck.

Listings on Ebay featured the sandwich being sold at various prices, including one listed for $5,000. It’s unclear if anyone actually purchased one at that price.

For comparison, the sandwich sold at $3.99 in stores."

Last edited:
Popular in Texas and Oklahoma, and a few places in KY and IN, is Grandy's. Grandys is a chicken place foremost but they sell all the southern staples. They absolutely beat the f'n brakes off of any other chicken joint. I have never enjoyed those hard, crumbly sad excuses of biscuits the other places sell. Grandys rolls are a soft heavenly pillows that pull apart, not those break apart crumb bombs. One can get fried okra, buttery bacon laden greens by the quart and their chicken is far superior too.

Just here in my town in NC, we have a Bojangle's, a KFC, a Chick Fil-A, a Zaxby's (look it up), BK, McDonald's, Hardee's, Arby's, Wendy's, Sonic, and a dozen or more local places that ALL sell chicken sandwiches. There's a Cookout restaurant coming soon. Hell even the IHOP and Waffle House have chicken sandwiches. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a place that sells burgers or chicken sandwiches, fries, and a shake. I'm surprised Five Guys doesn't have a chicken sandwich (yet). Good for them for sticking to what they do well (burgers), I suppose.

We actually don't have a Popeye's, which is weird. There's one in New Bern and in Jacksonville, each a half-hour away.

They're all good in their own way, I suppose. For me, I'm a hold the mayo guy. And for that I give Chick Fil-A the nod. Their standard is "no mayo" so I don't have to ask to have them hold it. Nothing worse than getting a mile away from the drive-thru and biting into a sandwich with gobs of mayo, all because someone can't listen.

Last edited:
This kind of shit never happens at Applebees.

Oh yeah?

Cops: Four men arrested after Valley Stream restaurant fight

"Four men were arrested on assault and weapons charges Saturday night following a fight in a Valley Stream Applebee’s restaurant, Nassau County police said Sunday.

Daryl Russell, 28, of Freeport, and Hugh Stewart, 27, of Jamaica, Queens, were in the restaurant at Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream when they got into a verbal altercation about midnight with Jonathan Garcia, 24, of Brooklyn, and Jesse Bulla, 24, of Ozone Park, Queens, police said.

Garcia and Bulla followed Russell into a restroom and punched him before leaving and going back to their dinner table, police said.

A second physical encounter between the four occured near an exit, police said. During the altercation, Garcia was stabbed and sustained a punctured lung, police said. Russell was punched in the face, police said.

All four men were taken into custody. Garcia was taken to a hospital for medical treatment."

Cops: 4 arrested after knife fight in LI Applebee's

Just here in my town in NC, we have a Bojangle's, a KFC, a Chick Fil-A, a Zaxby's (look it up), BK, McDonald's, Hardee's, Wendy's, Sonic, and a dozen or more local places that sell chicken sandwiches. There's a Cookout restaurant coming soon. Hell even the IHOP and Waffle House have chicken sandwiches. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a place that sells burgers or chicken sandwiches, fries, and a shake. I'm surprised Five Guys doesn't have a chicken sandwich (yet). Good for them for sticking to what they do well (burgers), I suppose.

We actually don't have a Popeye's, which is weird. There's one in New Bern and in Jacksonville, each a half-hour away.

They're all good in their own way, I suppose. For me, I'm a hold the mayo guy. And for that I give Chick Fil-A the nod. Their standard is "no mayo" so I don't have to ask to have them hold it. Nothing worse than getting a mile away from the drive-thru and biting into a sandwich with gobs of mayo, all because someone can't listen.

And who gets f***ed!?!...

Anyone here like Wing Dings?

iu

Soooo Juicy...

Back
Top Bottom