• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A bill to ban level III and above Body Armor

they always try to push shit like this through any chance they get a tragedy they can exploit.

people always say the NRA is in line with gun companies. What if the liberal anti gunners really were? Think about it, everytime they open their mouth, costs go up. We already know anti gunners like dealing in the ILLEGAL arms trade.

Ban something that protects and saves your life...If I didn't know any better I would swear these people calling for more safety bans hate these cans...

Oh and by the way **** you and your bans...

Last edited by a moderator:
The individual citizen is the smallest political subdivision. If a state would declare it so, then goodbye NFA and other tyrannical acts like this proposition.

Ban something that protects and saves your life...If I didn't know any better I would swear these people calling for more safety bans hate these cans...

Oh and by the way **** you and your bans...

yep, its for the children.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of legislation is called for and passed in the heat of the moment, when emotions are running high and rationale is nowhere to be seen.

Exploiting tragedies to pass your agenda is pretty sickening.

I never see people who identify as Democrats--or progressive or liberal-- calling for change in laws when stories about children being killed or raped by foster parents get picked up in the news. But yikes, a gun gets involved and suddenly they care.

They all want a prohibition on civilian ownership, whether they admit to it or not. tTheir utopian fantasy certainly includes nofirearms.

They'll accept more regulation and pretend like that's good enough for now, but we know better. And so don't they, even if they are deluding themselves in order to lie to us better.

At least if they ban it we'll never worry about it again, because it's not like people can make effective body armor out of ceramic tiles, phone books, duct tape, and fiberglass resin...

This smacks of Reagan's Machine Gun Act of 1986. He was shot with a revolver, so let's ban machine guns! Wait? Wha...?

Eh, not really how the Hughes Amendment came to be, lol.

FOPA was a pretty pro-2A bill that clarified things from GCA '68.

Until some douchebag liberal attached the poison pill at the last second.

How do you ban them?

I guess I'll just have to use the door to my woodstove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

people always say the NRA is in line with gun companies. What if the liberal anti gunners really were? Think about it, everytime they open their mouth, costs go up. We already know anti gunners like dealing in the ILLEGAL arms trade.

You know funny you say that but I had the same thought the other day.

I'm good. Maybe time for another GB on plates and carriers for those who missed the last one.

§ 932. Ban on purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body armor by civilians

“(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), it shall be unlawful for a person to purchase, own, or possess enhanced body armor.

“(b) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—

“(1) a purchase, ownership, or possession by or under the authority of—

“(A) the United States or any department or agency of the United States; or

“(B) a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State; or

“(2) enhanced body armor that was lawfully possessed by any person at any time before the date this section takes effect.”.

(b) Enhanced Body Armor Defined.—Section 921(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(36) The term ‘enhanced body armor’ means body armor, including a helmet or shield, the ballistic resistance of which meets or exceeds the ballistic performance of Type III armor, determined using National Institute of Justice Standard–0101.06.”.

(c) Penalties.—Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 932 shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.”.

FYI Aurora actually was body armor, not a tactical vest

says who? All i see is that they said he had a blackhawk urban assault vest they even showed the receipt for the purchase, i havent seen anywhere that he had actual armor.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm good. Maybe time for another GB on plates and carriers for those who missed the last one.

§ 932. Ban on purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body armor by civilians

“(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), it shall be unlawful for a person to purchase, own, or possess enhanced body armor.

“(b) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—

“(1) a purchase, ownership, or possession by or under the authority of—

“(A) the United States or any department or agency of the United States; or

“(B) a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State; or

“(2) enhanced body armor that was lawfully possessed by any person at any time before the date this section takes effect.”.

(b) Enhanced Body Armor Defined.—Section 921(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(36) The term ‘enhanced body armor’ means body armor, including a helmet or shield, the ballistic resistance of which meets or exceeds the ballistic performance of Type III armor, determined using National Institute of Justice Standard–0101.06.”.

(c) Penalties.—Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 932 shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.”.

yep already looked up AR500 prices, it does seem like their prices went up a bit. I could of sworn the plates were a bit cheaper

says who? All i see is that they said he had a blackhawk urban assault vest they even showed the receipt for the purchase, i havent seen anywhere that he had actual armor.

Says the tag on the International Armor brand body armor he was wearing which was presented as evidence by the Colorado DA during trial. It was manufactured 11 days prior to the shooting. Not that it should have any effect on legislation, just a fact from the case. The Blackhawk vest was worn over it

Last edited:
Says the tag on the International Armor brand body armor he was wearing which was presented as evidence by the Colorado DA during trial. It was manufactured 11 days prior to the shooting. Not that it should have any effect on legislation, just a fact from the case. The Blackhawk vest was worn over it

ah, gotcha.

Again, the question needs to be asked: what existing, statistically-relevant problem are you trying to solve?

No one needs body armor
and only the police and military need body armor are not examples of problems.

How are they going to ban something that can be made, buy a sheet of AR500 from a steel supply or a few drops from a large fab shop that works on heavy Eqp. Take that down to a water jet or plasma guy, have him cut the profile. Spray with some rubber bed liner and install it into a vest.

Say you bought it years ago, how are they going to tell. AR500 is what I used daily and can be bought and cut in a basement garage if you wanted to, it will take some more time but can be done.

Jason.

Funny how law makers and enforcers do not need to adhere to the laws.
I'm not thrilled with the lack of law abiding enforcers.

Funny how law makers and enforcers do not need to adhere to the laws.
I'm not thrilled with the lack of law abiding enforcers.

yep, and those laws extend to even when they are no longer enforcers which should be a violation of the 14th amendment but hey we already violate several so what is a few more

Back
Top Bottom