9mm rifle

apparently there is an article on using trusts for NFA transfers in the Feb. issue of SAR.

Thanks Mike for the transfer info and I found a link to the article: http://www.terma-nator.com/images/guns/sar-trust-article.pdf

It says that if your state requires trusts to be registered then you must do so. Some states like Florida have no fees, so it's a free ride. Not entirely sure about MA though. The Mass. Sec. lists fees for "trusts" but maybe there are different fees for different trusts.

Question pending: What are the fees, if any, to establish a trust in Mass. that will be recognized by the NFA.

i thought about going the trust route and circumventing the local pd but the LT seemed pretty adament about not wanting me to have the sbr license even though i told him it was for idpa rifle matches and that the short barrel would aid in transition and mobility and therefore increase my scores...he said he understood but still didnt see a need for it within the confines of the town...i just dont want it to be an issue in a few years when i renew my ltc for him to see i went over his head to obtain something he didnt want me to

just dont want it to be an issue in a few years when i renew my ltc for him to see i went over his head to obtain something he didnt want me to

Again, how would they know? Even if your trust/llc is a public entity
it would be difficult for them to determine what assets lied beneath
it. Unless theres something you're not telling us, like that the LT shoots
IDPA with you, or something, or shows up at the local range
periodically. I guess I -can- understand your concern,
given the political climate in this state and the discretionary issuance
of licenses.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom