9mm Pistol Survey - Win Glock 19 - Please help!

Today I look for these things in a new 9mm handgun.
Slim grip and pistol dimensions, a decent trigger with a positive reset, light weight for carry, a nice ergonomic grip, tough finish and quality sights.
High round capacity for the size of handgun it is.
100 percent reliability.
Priced at around $600.00 depending on the above listed.

Its real simple and no gun really seems to do it.
(1) Ambidextrous controls for all components.
(2) Good night sights
(3) Aggressive slide serrations on the front and rear of the slide so you can get a good purchase on the slide when racking.
(4) Stainless Steel slide with a tough finish that will not wearing off easily.
(5) A good warranty.
(6) A good grip easy to change like the HK VP9.
(7) Readily available Parts because there's nothing worse than having a gun and 5 to 10 years down the road you need a part for it and can't find it anywhere I have sold guns even if they were good guns just because it was too much of a pain in the ass to find a part.

Wait for who win's the CBP contract. You should read up on what that gun is spec'd to be, it's pretty impressive.

(2) Good night sights
(3) Aggressive slide serrations on the front and rear of the slide so you can get a good purchase on the slide when racking.
(5) A good warranty.
(7) Readily available Parts because there's nothing worse than having a gun and 5 to 10 years down the road you need a part for it and can't find it anywhere I have sold guns even if they were good guns just because it was too much of a pain in the ass to find a part.

I would have to respectfully disagree with a couple of your assesments
- No one cares about ambi controls except lefties
- Good night sights are nice, but ease of acquisition is key
- Slide serrations and finish matter, but not much.
- Ruger has a great warranty and is crap. Easily changeable grips is nice, but you will only do it once.
- A good gun will be around forever, so parts won't be an issue. 1911- Glock 19- Sig 220

My list.
1. Reliable and accurate. If not, nothing else matters.
2. Good trigger. Consistent pull, crisp clean break, relatively short reset.
3. Sights. Must be quick and easy to acquire
4. Grip angle. Must point naturally so you are not hunting for the sights.
5. Conceal ability and weight. It doesn't need to be a micro pistol, but should be about the size of a Glock 19, 320c, Shield.... if you don't have to worry about concealing it, I would carry a 45.

Most of the other stuff doesn't matter much to me. If I had to carry for a living, I'd want to carry a high end 1911 and some spare,spare mags mags. Something that was a lazer and shoots as big a boolit as possible.
I bumped into a Taunton cop a few years ago that was still carrying a 357. When I asked him about it he said it hits hard and knocks shit down. Pretty sound philosophy.

Last edited:
I would have to respectfully disagree with a couple of your
- Ruger has a great warranty and is crap. Easily changeable grips is nice, but you will only do it once.
- A good gun will be around forever, so parts won't be an issue. 1911- Glock 19- Sig 220

My list.
5. Conceal ability and weight. It doesn't need to be a micro pistol, but should be about the size of a Glock 19, 320c, Shield.... if you don't have to worry about concealing it, I would carry a 45.

Most of the other stuff doesn't matter much to me. If I had to carry for a living, I'd want to carry a high end 1911 and some spare,spare mags mags. Something that was a lazer and shoots as big a boolit as possible.
I bumped into a Taunton cop a few years ago that was still carrying a 357. When I asked him about it he said it hits hard and knocks shit down. Pretty sound philosophy.

Nevermind, misread post, didn't catch it until I was doing my usual 'what did I mess up' read through my reply

Hello all,
I work for an NH-based engineering firm and we work with many different companies in the firearms industry. I'm hoping to get some feedback from folks on here. We have a market research survey going for 9mm pistols. The data we get from the survey will be used to determine features in new products we're working on. We're giving away a Glock 19 with custom laser engraving and cerakote as part of the survey. The custom work will be done locally by 2A Engraving and 603 Coatings. The G19 will be transferred through an FFL, FYI. Please complete our survey and feel free to share with whoever. Thank you everyone for your time and thanks to Derek as well. Have a great day.
-Pat@BachsteinConsulting

9mm Pistol Survey

feel free to comment here as well.
in

(2) Good night sights
(5) A good warranty.
I laughed to myself while reading this when I got to point 6. I was thinking VP9 the whole time. Not sure how their CS is though. Same with spare parts, though they're pretty popular in my opinion. Obviously you'd have an easier time finding parts Glock or M&P of course.

Remove all the lefty junk from all the pistols. If lefty’s want special controls let them pay for them. Why should I have to have controls I’ll never use, that will jack up the price of my pistol just to satisfy 10% of the population? Sorry lefties just putting it out there.
Hi-vis sights available at reasonable cost..
Great trigger pull and brake.
Of course reasonable retail pricing.

My list.

I didn't mention the things you did because common sense I expect that from any gun and if it doesn't have those things first I wouldn't even bother.

Remove all the lefty junk from all the pistols. If lefty’s want special controls let them pay for them. Why should I have to have controls I’ll never use,
If you are not training with your off hand then you are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage and really, you aren't taking your training very seriously at all.
The ambi controls are not there just for the lefties. The subject has been covered at length, in detail, for at least the last half century.

View: https://youtu.be/PigX6jet8dc

I want night sights on my carry gun and maybe my night stand gun. Other than that, I f***ing hate night sites, give me a nice set of high vis for competition and just general mag dumping.

Additional features that someone above mentioned reminded me to add one very important feature: Reasonably priced mags. I was always a Glock fan for a lot of reasons, but one being that the mags could be bought for around $20 if you shopped carefully, as compared to Sig, Smith, Ruger at darn near $40 or more each.

Remove all the lefty junk from all the pistols. If lefty’s want special controls let them pay for them. Why should I have to have controls I’ll never use, that will jack up the price of my pistol just to satisfy 10% of the population? Sorry lefties just putting it out there.
Hi-vis sights available at reasonable cost..
Great trigger pull and brake.
Of course reasonable retail pricing.
We're in the most left-handed part of the country:
upload_2019-2-23_22-57-32.png

The prevalence of lefthandedness is climbing, too, apparently.

Additional features that someone above mentioned reminded me to add one very important feature: Reasonably priced mags. I was always a Glock fan for a lot of reasons, but one being that the mags could be bought for around $20 if you shopped carefully, as compared to Sig, Smith, Ruger at darn near $40 or more each.
Good point, thanks

ambi controls are useful when doing weakhand shooting especially in IDPA shooting.
And front slide serrations are very useful too. It's much faster to chamber a round and get the proper grip with front slide serrations. Comes in handy in IDPA/USPSA when you have a stage where the gun is loaded with an empty chamber on a table.

If you are not training with your off hand then you are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage and really, you aren't taking your training very seriously at all.
The ambi controls are not there just for the lefties. The subject has been covered at length, in detail, for at least the last half century.

Yup

Bingo

Back
Top Bottom