• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Pistol Survey - Win Glock 19 - Please help!

Hello all,
I work for an NH-based engineering firm and we work with many different companies in the firearms industry. I'm hoping to get some feedback from folks on here. We have a market research survey going for 9mm pistols. The data we get from the survey will be used to determine features in new products we're working on. We're giving away a Glock 19 with custom laser engraving and cerakote as part of the survey. The custom work will be done locally by 2A Engraving and 603 Coatings. The G19 will be transferred through an FFL, FYI. Please complete our survey and feel free to share with whoever. Thank you everyone for your time and thanks to Derek as well. Have a great day.
-Pat@BachsteinConsulting

9mm Pistol Survey

feel free to comment here as well.

Last edited:
Im in good luck to me. Out of curiousness new gun manufacturer or old ones trying to learn new tricks? I have a killer design for a gun if you know a guy...

Its real simple and no gun really seems to do it.
(1) Ambidextrous controls for all components.
(2) Good night sights
(3) Aggressive slide serrations on the front and rear of the slide so you can get a good purchase on the slide when racking.
(4) Stainless Steel slide with a tough finish that will not wearing off easily.
(5) A good warranty.
(6) A good grip easy to change like the HK VP9.
(7) Readily available Parts because there's nothing worse than having a gun and 5 to 10 years down the road you need a part for it and can't find it anywhere I have sold guns even if they were good guns just because it was too much of a pain in the ass to find a part.

I did it yesterday right after it was posted, maybe I was in early and it'll be a low number picked lol

This is a terrible survey when it comes to design.

In addition to weird questions, you give no indication of ranking.

Is your scale most important to least important- Is extended mag size my 1st priority or 10th, or is 10 the highest response?

Because of the ambiguity of your rating system your results are unreliable- I would clarify this and some of the poorly phrased questions and ignore the data points you have received thus far. I can't see how you'll get much valuable interpretive data.

This is a terrible survey when it comes to design.

In addition to weird questions, you give no indication of ranking.

Is your scale most important to least important- Is extended mag size my 1st priority or 10th, or is 10 the highest response?

Because of the ambiguity of your rating system your results are unreliable- I would clarify this and some of the poorly phrased questions and ignore the data points you have received thus far. I can't see how you'll get much valuable interpretive data.
Thanks for the input

(2) Good night sights
(3) Aggressive slide serrations on the front and rear of the slide so you can get a good purchase on the slide when racking.
(5) A good warranty.
(7) Readily available Parts because there's nothing worse than having a gun and 5 to 10 years down the road you need a part for it and can't find it anywhere I have sold guns even if they were good guns just because it was too much of a pain in the ass to find a part.
Thanks

(2) Good night sights
(5) A good warranty.

I’m with you on everything but ambidextrous controls. F lefties in all meanings of the word!

I’m with you on everything but ambidextrous controls. F lefties in all meanings of the word!

Aw that hurts I only mentioned ambi because I am a lefty.

But it's all good because as a lefty I am used to right handed controls and can probably work them better than most right handed person.

Last edited:
As make that hurts I only mentioned ambi because I am a lefty.

But it's all good because as a lefty I am used to right handed controls and can probably work them better than most right handed person.
As long as you’re not a commie lefty, I was just busting balls.

Maybe I'm just overly cautious but a post from a brand new guy with a February 2019 join date asking about my gun preferences makes my spider senses tingle.

You are worried if some one knows what your gun preferences are like if you like ambi controls or night sights is it really going to matter what do you think it's one of Maura Healey's minions and they want to know what you like so they can never let it get approved in Ma.

Last edited:
You are worried if some one knows what your gun preferences are like if you like ambi controls or night sights is it really going to matter what do you think it's one of Maura Healey's minions and they want to know what you like so they can never let it get approved in Ma.
Yeah, something like that. I don't trust anybody.

Yeah, something like that. I don't trust anybody.

I don't trust anybody either because most people suck but they didn't ask for you name and address and if they do don't give it.

I used to be over cautious to i had a P.O. BOX so no one could find out where I lived but I realize if some one really wants to know they can find out no matter what you do.

And if they show up at my house they better have more guns and people than I do because there are 12 of us in my house and I must have 5 guns for each of them.

Last edited:
I don't trust anybody either because most people suck but they didn't ask for you name and address and if they do don't give it.

I used to be over cautious to i had a P.O. BOX so no one cpuld find out where I lived but I realize if some one really wants to know they can find out no matter what you do.

And if they show up at my house they better have more guns and people than I do because there are 12 of us in my house and I must have 5 guns for each of them.
I hear ya. I'll stay paranoid. It's worked for me so far. I don't do Facebook or any of those things, I never give out my actual email and I never volunteer any information about myself or my habits. Maybe I'm too cautious, but screw it. Those consulting firms get paid a fortune to do market analysis. If they want my input on gun designs put me on the payroll.

Back
Top Bottom