9mm Carry Ammo - 1st Round Dilemma

To think modern firearm manufacturer's don't design in the "manual" load ability is silly at best.

When a manufacturer describes capacity as 10+1 for a firearm, the +1 part is a manual load of a round in most cases.

Sorry, the manufacturers are a little smarter than most here...

[rofl]

I bolded your problem. Stop unloading your gun. There's no reason to.

This. If its locked up no issue, I keep a sig .40 locked and load in my small safe under my bed at all times me and my lady are the only ones that know the combo and she would never use it ever.

I imaging most everyone who carrys has this problem,

^nope....almost all of my guns are loaded with one in the pipe, whether locked up or on my hip. I'll never understand the mentality of not keeping one in the pipe or constantly loading and unloading a gun. The only time my carry gun gets unloaded is when I shoot it and I unload it the fun way.

Wow. Using a pen to push the extractor? Sigh....

Just. Drop. The. Slide.

That guy is a retard jesus.

I usually insert a mag, rack the slide, drop the mag and add a round to the top and reinsert. Wondering how many people do it this way or slip a round into the chamber before inserting a mag. I never put much thought into it bc I don't go through this routine every morning. Pretty much just after cleaning my guns.

I was really hoping halfway through that video that he was going to tell us about how he shot himself in the arm while using the pen on the slide.

That guy is a gun handling accident waiting to happen.

^nope....almost all of my guns are loaded with one in the pipe, whether locked up or on my hip. I'll never understand the mentality of not keeping one in the pipe or constantly loading and unloading a gun. The only time my carry gun gets unloaded is when I shoot it and I unload it the fun way.

Not everyone has the luxury of locking their guns up in a safe when not on their person. Like I said before, there are times where I'm on the road with my Glock for a few days, and sometimes won't be allowed to have my gun on my person.... Which then my only option is to unload it, lock it, and stow it away.

I didn't grow up around guns, and I only have a half of a handful of friends who let alone own guns, so I still have a good amount of learning to do... Taking into consideration the advice in this thread, and getting some safes in my home that fit my current living situation was a huge help.

My personal choice is to load mag, rack, drop mag, top off, insert. I unload when I go to the range and store the carry gun loaded. I make my own ammo, so when my round sets back a little I shoot it, but to be honest I don't see many setback rounds because I shoot my SD ammo pretty often and make more

I have a small keyed gun box with the key hidden elsewhere. I carry a M35 Beretta in .32acp. It is stored loaded and chambered with the hammer down and the safety on. I can have it in hand in 30 seconds, cock the hammer and be ready to go. I rotate the bullets every month or so by practicing.

T.

Last edited:
Get an empty 50 round box.
Every time you unload a round from the chamber, put the round in the box
When you go to the range, take the box

Back
Top Bottom