• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

96.9 upcoming discussion on gun control

I'd hate f it

MicheleMcPhee.jpg

I am really not understanding 969 at this point. As grating as McPhee is and as out there as braude is at least they are local. And at least by and large they were focused on relevant topics.

Now it seems that they are bringing in people like smerconish. He us annoying and seems to bring up topics that lack the tie into local listeners.

I start to wonder why there seems to be a shift in programming. Are the making less and not able to afford good local talent?

I would think that they could get Bowie Carr and pull in some big ratings and good sponsors.

I am really not understanding 969 at this point. As grating as McPhee is and as out there as braude is at least they are local. And at least by and large they were focused on relevant topics.

Now it seems that they are bringing in people like smerconish. He us annoying and seems to bring up topics that lack the tie into local listeners.

I start to wonder why there seems to be a shift in programming. Are the making less and not able to afford good local talent?

I would think that they could get Bowie Carr and pull in some big ratings and good sponsors.

They also got rid of Don Imus and brought in Phil Hendrie..what a left-leaning whack job he is.

I've heard Michelle McPhee talk positive about gun ownership before, on several occasions in fact, as annoying as it might have been.

They also got rid of Don Imus and brought in Phil Hendrie..what a left-leaning whack job he is.

I've heard Michelle McPhee talk positive about gun ownership before, on several occasions in fact, as annoying as it might have been.

Can't stand Jim and Margary in the morning on 96.9. Pretty much all of the programing there now sucks.

I wish I could listent to McPhee on WRKO, but her program is in the middle of the day.

Not new for them. It is actually a return to their roots. Their line up used to be Laura Ingram, Sean Hanity, Bill O'Reily, etc. I am also not sure that it is less expensive for the station to buy in to a nationally syndicated show.

Not new for them. It is actually a return to their roots. Their line up used to be Laura Ingram, Sean Hanity, Bill O'Reily, etc. I am also not sure that it is less expensive for the station to buy in to a nationally syndicated show.

But these are national shows being broadcast locally. Not show hosts from Philadelphia broadcasting a show solely to mass w/o any relevant local tie in.

But these are national shows being broadcast locally. Not show hosts from Philadelphia broadcasting a show solely to mass w/o any relevant local tie in.

Isn't Smirconish a nationally syndicated show? Come to think of it, I don't think I have been able to stand him long enough to make a determination on that.

They use smerconish and those other shows as time wasting space filler until they can put someone else/better in the slots, more than likely.

-Mike

Michael Graham has to be one of my favorite talk show host. He's the only one worth listening to on 969.

God, I couldn't listen McPhee. Her voice was horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom