90 Grace Period...comming soon!

My LTC renewal is still in its "back ground check" stage, according to the FRB. In about a month, my 90 day grace period will come and go. ( I am 51 days in )

I was curious, has anyone actually gone past the 90 days? What happened? I emailed the FRB to find out, but have not heard back. Oh, is the 90 days BUISNESS days, or CALENDER days?? That would make a big difference.

Should I bother my Local PD and ask them what the heck they are doing?

Last edited:
Last year my LTC-A renewal took 5.5 months from the date I submitted my paperwork+payment until the date I was notified. I live in a "green" town and I was surprised by the delay. I went to the PD on two occasions, one directly to ask about the time and the second on another matter but just offhandedly mentioned it again. Both times I was told: "We'll call you. It's being processed." At that point I resigned myself to stop asking and just wait it out.

I was in the "post-90 day limbo period" for about 2.5 months, in other words and I really didn't enjoy it. During that time I kept a copy of all my paperwork in a miniaturized Xerox-reduced form, folded up tightly in my wallet along with my LTC-A. I do graphics work so I had actually downloaded the renewal PDF and "filled it out" in Adobe Illustrator, so I could very easily shrink the whole thing along with a photocopy of my check. Lo and behold in mid-November the dam broke and apparently a lot of backlogged LTC renewals all made it to the completion endpoint magically at almost the same time, including mine. No reasons were ever offered for the delay. I picked mine up in person from my Chief and thanked him.

You might want to contact GOAL and let them know the specifics about what you're experiencing; they're interested to hear about these cases.

Last edited:
My dad had his renewal in about a month...that was very shocking considering im in a "red" town or maybe "yellow" rofl

Back
Top Bottom