• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8-year-old boy vacationing in New Hampshire finds gun at bottom of lake

Wouldn't be worth it to me. With my luck, it would be tied to a murder and then I would end up the prime suspect. That type of shit I don't need. I buy from licensed dealers and FTF purchases only from people I know very well. Why take a foolish chance?

Not sure if serious, for most average joes the worst they could do is say "poss of stolen property" and even then it'd be difficult to prove if
you were able to back up the claim that you found it in a lake somewhere, especially if it was rusted to shit. Even if they somehow tied the
gun to a crime that doesn't make you even a suspect in a murder.

Oh btw, you might have bought a used gun at a gun shop used to kill someone, and you'd never know about it. Or for that matter even a stolen one, because FFLs have no way to check that. Unless the thing is reported stolen it'll never end up in any kind of LE database. So if you're that paranoid, you should never buy a used firearm. Someone might have done something bad with it.

On the other hand if it was my kid that found it I'd be like "kiddo, it's f***ing junk. Some skinflint probably threw it here because he was pissed off at it not working right. Let's find a deeper part of the lake and throw it back. "

-Mike

I’ve snorkeled all over that lake, never found anything that cool!!!

I've always thought that there would be some interesting stuff at the bottom in the deeper parts of that lake. But getting that far down!?

"Even though it most likely would not function properly, the gun still maintained the key characteristics of a firearm."

Some fine reporting there. What are these key characteristics?

"Despite being submerged for some time, the handgun appeared to be in remarkably good condition," Heath said. "Even though it most likely would not function properly, the gun still maintained the key characteristics of a firearm."

Chief Heath is a moron. I was at the Whydah museum this week. They are working on releasing concretions to pull artifacts out. one was a flintlock pistol. Completely encased in "rock." CLEARLY still a pistol. 300 years in the ocean, not a lake.

That makes sense, also if the person who had it stolen reported it suppose it would be on record somewhere
If reported stolen and S/N given, the PD you report it to is supposed to list it in NCIC. That allows any LEO to pull up that info from any department in the US.

Might have just accidentally fallen out of the boat while he and Chaahhhlee Moaaahhh were catching the world's smallest large-mouth bass with their Aubuchon Hardware boat and spanking their Spanky's.

How is that show still on TV??? It's effectively a "I went to this restaurant because I'm awesome, oh here is an A-hardware, propane and 45 annoying restaurant ads of crap I'm hawking on the show. Oh, do we need to fish, too???" No techniques. Nothing interesting. Just him pretending he's awesome while barging into a restaurant.

I WANT to watch. I WANT to see someone fishing New England. Can't watch.

What was this thread about again? LOL

Back
Top Bottom