7 Dead in Santa Barbara Shooting

Under RKWjunior's theory, I wonder how many of us law abiding, gun loving folks here in NES would be locked up for evaluation? Wouldn't the Obama administration love that kind of power.

It's no longer worth arguing with RKWjunior. No one is going to change his mind. He's dug in.

You can lead a horse to water...

That was huge not opening the door. They would have been fish in a barrel and the body count would have been double or triple or more what happened. Those girls were smart or lucky.

The parents had called the cops after he mailed the manifesto around. I haven't heard it, but I wonder if there's any possibility that word got to the campus or the sorority to lock down. If not, why not? Not saying they necessarily had the time, or maybe they didn't believe the parents (just like the first cops :D :D )

I'd like u to elaborate without just coping out and telling me I'm wrong.
i didn't think I was coping out ( or is it copping out?) and telling you that you are wrong. I've tried to spell out to you multiple times as have many others how your idea of handling this won't work. I promise you, you do not want the police having the power to do this, because they will ALWAYS err on the side of liability, always. That would lead to the locking up of just about everyone that has posted a YouTube video of them shooting at a range, blowing shit up, doing 100 mph wheelies on a busy highway, and the list goes on and on and on. Because no sane person would do any of those things, right? And that would be the tip,of the iceberg. And you still will not weed out the actual sociopaths that live among us. Why? Because they are good at what they do. Who is it that you think will conduct these 6 month to lifetime of evaluations? You think there are that many doctors? That many facilities? Polygraphs? What the hell would you get from that? Have you ever had a thought go through your own head about wanting to " kill that guy" or something like that? You didn't follow through, but you'd fail the polygraph when asked a question regarding something like that. Now what, lock up 99% of the populace for having thoughts like that?

dude, when i was in high school and living with her, my mom was a stark raving lunatic pill popper who was a master when it came to manipulating anybody.
[snip]
in a perfect world, your scenario might work. might.
i just gave you an example of what is more likely to happen if you get your wish. thanks for selling the thousands of kids down the river who grew up just like i did.
Yes. It could be abused if it was on the word of a parent only, that's why I'm thinking parent PLUS mental health provider who is familiar. Without both of those pieces, current evaluation process with cops/social worker/whoever as the first step, then a judge, etc.

Pick him up bring him to the nearest mental facility were he could be evaluated under constant supervision by his doctor and other doctors. If that means evaluating him for 6 months, a year 10 years or the rest of his life, then that's what needs to be done, I dont know, but it's better than just feeding him drugs and hoping he doesn't kill someone. Maybe give him a polygraph, his doctors know he's a professional liar so they know what to look for. There are many aspect to this that most of us may not know about, but surely something can be done with how much they know about him. It's hardly like throwing away the key in a Santa Barbara city jail house, and certainly better than ignoring the danger he is.

You're ****ing crazy!!!!

If you could please PM me your location so that I could report you to the police for your mental health evaluation, that would be great!

I'm sure they will only hold you for a few hours....days....forever..... whatever

You don't have anything to hide so why worry about it, right?

Pick him up bring him to the nearest mental facility were he could be evaluated under constant supervision by his doctor and other doctors. If that means evaluating him for 6 months, a year 10 years or the rest of his life, then that's what needs to be done, I dont know, but it's better than just feeding him drugs and hoping he doesn't kill someone. Maybe give him a polygraph, his doctors know he's a professional liar so they know what to look for. There are many aspect to this that most of us may not know about, but surely something can be done with how much they know about him. It's hardly like throwing away the key in a Santa Barbara city jail house, and certainly better than ignoring the danger he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're ****ing crazy!!!!

If you could please PM me your location so that I could report you to the police for your mental health evaluation, that would be great!

I'm sure they will only hold you for a few hours....days....forever..... whatever

You don't have anything to hide so why worry about it, right?

I dont have anything to hide, i wasn't diagnosed a danger to society when I was 8 years old like Elliot, that's the difference no one is getting. I'm not talking about anyone with ADHD or anxiety, and I'm not talking about the police getting involved unless consent by the doctor or family, it's not that difficult to understand, but with everyone here its feast or famine, no in between.

Please do the free world a favor and stay away from politics.

I dont have anything to hide, i wasn't diagnosed a danger to society when I was 8 years old like Elliot, that's the difference no one is getting. I'm not talking about anyone with ADHD or anxiety, and I'm not talking about the police getting involved unless consent by the doctor or family, it's not that difficult to understand, but with everyone here its feast or famine, no in between.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZeDFwTcnCc[/video]

There is the answer right there. This is what you think and why you say what you do.

While you are correct this time, you are incorrect a hundred thousand times with others. Just because soccer mom seeks out a therapist for her struggling 8 year old the child is broken?

There is the answer right there. This is what you think and why you say what you do.

While you are correct this time, you are incorrect a hundred thousand times with others. Just because soccer mom seeks out a therapist for her struggling 8 year old the child is broken?

He wasn't just an ordinary struggling kid, he wasn't just a kid with minor issues. His doctor said he was dangerous, why is everyone ignoring that critical information. There's a massive difference between a struggling kid and an individual that has symptoms of a dangerous person.

Just because u don't agree??
Nope. Because I honestly believe you don't know what you're talking about. Diagnosed at 8yoa as a danger to society????? So, do you think he should have been locked up at 8yoa? Or put on a watch list or something? Do you interact with people ftf on a daily basis? A lot of your answers to these questions trample on your rights, and you seem ok with that, if just to save one more person from a sociopath that May or may not follow thru on his thoughts. What about all the other shootings that go on in this country? Where do they fall in your grand scheme? Klebold and Harris had far more red flags then this kid did, and had multiple interventions with the police. Yet they carried out their plan, and in the end, it was their fault, not their parents, schools, or the cops. You have to face the fact that you can't prevent this stuff and still live in as free a society as we currently do, there is no half way.

Nope. Because I honestly believe you don't know what you're talking about. Diagnosed at 8yoa as a danger to society????? So, do you think he should have been locked up at 8yoa? Or put on a watch list or something? Do you interact with people ftf on a daily basis? A lot of your answers to these questions trample on your rights, and you seem ok with that, if just to save one more person from a sociopath that May or may not follow thru on his thoughts. What about all the other shootings that go on in this country? Where do they fall in your grand scheme? Klebold and Harris had far more red flags then this kid did, and had multiple interventions with the police. Yet they carried out their plan, and in the end, it was their fault, not their parents, schools, or the cops. You have to face the fact that you can't prevent this stuff and still live in as free a society as we currently do, there is no half way.

That's ur opinion.

Interventions with the police is ridiculous, police have no Idea how to question or evaluate a sociopath, that's why I said it should be up to the families and doctors for the final decisions. Adam Lanza and Elliot Rodger were just 2 people out of thousands that were diagnosed a dangerous people.... 2.... I repeat 2. If these 2 people could be filtered, and they were, from thousands of others that have minor issues then we don't have to go knocking on doors taking sons and daughters like u thought i suggested but i never did suggest, everyone chooses to ignore what I'm truly suggesting and assume I'm Hitler. Yes, I'm sure there is more than 2 people identical to Adam and Elliot but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the doctors and families don't know their dangerous. And when I mean dangerous, i dont mean an ordinary struggling kid that has childish temper tantrums, there is a factual difference.

And when I mean dangerous, i dont mean an ordinary struggling kid that has childish temper tantrums, there is a factual difference.

No, but when Adam and Elliot doctors admit to the public that they are dangerous, I'm willing to bet the have documentation.

The reason I asked you if you were a Children's Therapist is you seem to have developed your own criteria for what "dangerous" is. And predicting that an 8 year old will grow up and potetially become a mass murderer would be impossible. You continue to use hindsight in your arguments- no therapist in this world is going to lock up an 8 year old child because they may grow up and may go on a killing rampage!

The reason I asked you if you were a Children's Therapist is you seem to have developed your own criteria for what "dangerous" is. And predicting that an 8 year old will grow up and potetially become a mass murderer would be impossible. You continue to use hindsight in your arguments- no therapist in this world is going to lock up an 8 year old child because they may grow up and may go on a killing rampage!

No I haven't made my own criteria, now ur putting words in my mouth. The doctors have criteria and that's why they can say to the public that Elliot was dangerous.

Your ignoring the facts like liberals and gun control.
Your signature line kind of goes against your argument here doesn't it?
And if I were to mention the rampant pain killer abuse amongst pipe fitters, what would you say to that? One of the biggest groups of abusers there is, and that is a fact. So should they all be locked up? How about evaluated or polygraphed? Piss tested, sure, but we know there are ways around that right? And there is always second and third chances for the guys that piss hot, right? Is that ok with you, or should they all be fired, right on the spot, and not given a second or third chance? Do you mention this to your bosses? If you've worked on a job sight, you've seen it, do you turn a blind eye?

No I haven't made my own criteria, now ur putting words in my mouth. The doctors have criteria and that's why they can say to the public that Elliot was dangerous.

I actually just quoted what you said about ordinary, struggling, kids having childish temper tantrums. Clearly, the rest of us are not aware of these unusual kids, who have more than the [standard?] childish temper tantrum, who are the (I assume) at-risk for mass-murdering children.

Tell us more about ordinary, struggling kids, and how they are more, or less ordinary, or struggling, and how, when diagnosed at 8 years old, should we permanently ensure they never are allowed to have their 2nd Amendment rights.

Your signature line kind of goes against your argument here doesn't it?
And if I were to mention the rampant pain killer abuse amongst pipe fitters, what would you say to that? One of the biggest groups of abusers there is, and that is a fact. So should they all be locked up? How about evaluated or polygraphed? Piss tested, sure, but we know there are ways around that right? And there is always second and third chances for the guys that piss hot, right? Is that ok with you, or should they all be fired, right on the spot, and not given a second or third chance? Do you mention this to your bosses? If you've worked on a job sight, you've seen it, do you turn a blind eye?

[rofl]

If your trying to Embarrass me it won't work. This is way off topic but i have no problem entertaining your poor excuse for putting me down.

Just because my signature says I'm "suppose" to be liberal it doesn't mean i am, thats the other problem with people, they assume that if you believe or belong to "X"then this is who you are, but you couldn't be more wrong, i'm about as far from being a member of any party as one could get, in other words, i'm all over the place, and registered independent. I joined the Union cause college wasn't for me, and had no real direction, the opportunity arose and i jumped on it, it had nothing to do with my political position, i was 19 and could've cared less about politics, the money and benefits were the biggest reasons, the shoe just fit.

I'm not actually a "Pipefitter", i'm a member, but on the Refrigeration technician side, but thats neither here nor there. Now your deflecting, and exaggerating everything i have said because you know your ignoring the facts. Why would you suggest that locking up an individual with a drug problem is the same as locking up a person thats diagnosed by a doctor to be a danger to society and himself?? It's an entirely different situation, and you know it is, your just trying imply that i suggested everyone should be locked up for minor issues, and thats not what i said, as clear as day, but your ignoring it because you have to stick to a certain criteria on NES.

And as far as the drug problem goes, i'm not on job sites like you suggest since i'm in another division. If i was on a job site i would absolutely turn a blind eye, i can't help a person that doesn't believe he has a problem, and usually they get caught in some way shape or form because they can't hide it forever.
I have no problem with 3 strikes and your out, or a piss test, a drug issue can be helped with rehab if the person decides to stick to being sober. But again we are talking about 2 completely different issues here, Pipefitters don't perform mass killings on innocent people due to being hooked on pain pills etc etc. Now if you can't differentiate a drug problem and a dangerous sociopath properly then there is no hope for you.

The facts are all there your just choosing to ignore them, and then judge me by my signature, shame on you.

Back
Top Bottom