6mm ARC - New Hornady cartridge

I will tag you when it’s up. It’s all pre-order but it’s official. I went with the 18 inch barrel SS from Aero Precision.

Aero bought out Ballistic Advantage, so probably that is where your barrel will be made. Relatively young, very skilled guy out of Florida if I recall correctly. Was very easy to deal with for my 20" SS precision 6.5 ManBun barrel. BA is one of those sleeper manufacturers that makes pretty awesome stuff that gets re-branded by some well respected names. Smallest legit 100-yard group size I have ever shot was 0.12" from that barrel in my 6.5CM AR build. Caution to the MA folks- Aero (and now BA) won't ship to Mass due to Frau Healey's gestapo.

I’ve had great results from all of my BA barrels. 4 so far. Really like the Hanson profile. BTW, Clint Hanson started BA.

Aero bought out Ballistic Advantage, so probably that is where your barrel will be made. Relatively young, very skilled guy out of Florida if I recall correctly. Was very easy to deal with for my 20" SS precision 6.5 ManBun barrel. BA is one of those sleeper manufacturers that makes pretty awesome stuff that gets re-branded by some well respected names. Smallest legit 100-yard group size I have ever shot was 0.12" from that barrel in my 6.5CM AR build. Caution to the MA folks- Aero (and now BA) won't ship to Mass due to Frau Healey's gestapo.

I bought the AP complete upper, I just went back and looked and it says it comes with a Ballistic Advantage barrel. Brownell’s did have a barrel only option, they were made by Ballistic Advantage. I had never heard of ballistic advantage, excited it’s good stuff. I have a Leupold Mark 6 for glass which is Probably overkill but I already have it on the shelf.

I bought the AP complete upper, I just went back and looked and it says it comes with a Ballistic Advantage barrel. Brownell’s did have a barrel only option, they were made by Ballistic Advantage. I had never heard of ballistic advantage, excited it’s good stuff. I have a Leupold Mark 6 for glass which is Probably overkill but I already have it on the shelf.

If I shoot over ~.65 MOA with that barrel, I either muffed the shot or somehow screwed up the load. Here's the barrel & I think the price is same as a few years back: StackPath I'm using a Leupold LRP on it. I haven't shot past 600 yards since Granby's upper positions / long range was held hostage by the town, but it was tracking perfectly out to 1015 yards and once I had my DOPE I could move from plate to plate with consistent hits. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom