.50 Beowulf .485 SOCOM .450 Bushmaster?

Hey everyone I was thinking of gettin one of these three rifles (.50Beowulf, .458 SOCOM, .450 Bushmaster) or maybe even just the upper but im not sure which to go with any input would be very helpful and appreciated thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few members that shoot .50 Beowulf and at least one that has a .450 Bushy.

Do you reload? If not, these can be pretty expensive to shoot (when you can find the ammo).

Hey everyone I was thinking of gettin one of these three rifles (.50Beowulf, .458 SOCOM, .450 Bushmaster) or maybe even just the upper but im not sure which to go with any input would be very helpful and appreciated thanks.

I have 2 of the three (50 beo/458 socom).... If you go green and come to one of our shoots that mark and I are at I would be glad to bring them for you to shoot....;- )

Have not had a chance to dial in the socom yet but I have to say the beowulf is a hoot to shoot.... [smile]

Ammo for both is expensive (assume the 450 is the same) so I would consider reloading if you pick up any of these....

Recoil is also significant so you might want to consider mitigation hardware in your build (limbsaver, mechanical/hydraulic buffer, comp etc).....

I love to shoot my Beowulf and would buy it again if the opportunity presented itself. When I bought the rifle I also bought 37 boxes of ammo. So the shelf still has some waiting for me. But I will reload when things get tight. It is much more inexpensive to reload.

i am from the northeast but ... me and my family moved to North Carolina (yes for those of you woundering Patsfan28301 is my mom) i would almost definteley start reloading ive heard that the .450 Bushmaster is better for hunting which im considering taking up however i would think any of the three would be good hunting rifles but other wise im just looking for somthing new to play with and a .50 cal AR sounds like fun to me [rolleyes]

A progressive press with everything you need will probably run about $700 or so.

This is about right.... Would think it includes dies and everything else.... For the 450 or 458 you will also need a way to trim bass.... For the 50 beo it should be about right... Again I recomend that you go to a shoot and try one b before the investment.... Decide what works best for you before you invest... Highly recommend that you attend a shoot and try one before you go invest...

Also be aware that all of these are 200 yard are less for good ballistics.... Mostly these are used for close in (200 yds or less) big game (moose, boar etc)....

thanks for the info i would love to go to a shoot with you bob j but like i said just moved to NC so idk if you can give me so dates as to when some are and where they will be i could see what i could do cuz i was thinking about going to to visit friends also thank you 1911 for the info on the priceing

NP... If you are planning to be up this way we will see what we can set something up... They are really great guns but can be expensive to shoot unless you can reload... If you plan on shooting much reloading quickly pays for itself....

thanks for the info i would love to go to a shoot with you bob j but like i said just moved to NC so idk if you can give me so dates as to when some are and where they will be i could see what i could do cuz i was thinking about going to to visit friends also thank you 1911 for the info on the priceing

They are really great guns but can be expensive to shoot unless you can reload...

They're expensive to shoot even if you reload.

You have to do an initial brass buy because you won't find these lying around the range. The cases cost: $.57 each for the .50 Beowulf (in quantities of 1000), $.63 each for the .458 in the same quantities, and over $1 each for the .450 Bushmaster. Suitable bullets are going to cost anywhere from $.30 to $.50 each. Add in the powder and primers and you're looking at a minimum of $1 per round the first time, then about $.50 each from then on.

Remsport custom builds the 50 Beowulf in 16" and 18". We also stock ammo.
This is truly a fun caliber to shoot. I will be out at the Cape shoot this fall I will bring a Beowulf.

Back
Top Bottom