• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.50 AE Desert Eagle

I am expecting my Class A LTC in about (max) 4 weeks. I have always been interested in the Desert Eagles and I love the thought of having the .50 AE. I'm guessing that these are not Mass compliant [sad2].

So here is the question: Am I wrong? Are there Mass Compliant versions?

If anyone has one that they are planning on selling I may be interested. [smile]

Last edited:
They are not compliant. That isn't to say you won't find them here and there though. Although you will pay a premium for them when you do. Not to mention the crazy cost of .50 ammo. Goodluck with the LTC and finding one should you choose to pursue!

There are no MA compliant deagles unless they are papered exempt.

That said, there are a veritable TON of used ones around, if you keep your eyes open. I see these guns all over the place. Here in the classifieds and at random MA gun shops.

The typical deal is the fanbois buy them, go broke shooting them (because they don't know how to reload their own ammo), or the novelty wears off, and then they sell them.

-Mike

The DE isn't very reliable. Is this your first handgun?
I plan to buy others. It may not be the first one I buy but it will be the biggest I think. There is a kit that I saw that has all the stuff to change the weapon from .50 AE to .40 to 357 with 2 different barrels for each. One 10 inch and one 6 inch. Gives alot of diversity with a single platform.

I know the ammo is expensive and that it's a powerful weapon. I'm planning on it being like a .22. I also don't plan on it being an all the time shooter either.

as everyone's said--they pop up from time to time on the classifieds here. you'll have to buy it in a private sale.

IIRC the model you're looking for is the XIX which supports changing the barrels to change calibers. if you can afford it and then to feed it they are a ton of fun.

ZHA pretty much always has a .50AE in stock.
It's a terrible first gun. And good luck finding ammo for it in MA.

Do yourself a favor: if you REALLY need a desert eagle, get the .44 mag version.

It's very important that you learn how to shoot with a normal gun. The blast from the .50DE is enough to give a noob a permanent flinch.

It's very important that you learn how to shoot with a normal gun. The blast from the .50DE is enough to give a noob a permanent flinch.

Also the grip is huge and the brass ejects directly back and will hit you on the head if you are not careful.... A fun gun but certainly would not be one I would start a new shooter on....

IThere is a kit that I saw that has all the stuff to change the weapon from .50 AE to .40 to 357 with 2 different barrels for each. One 10 inch and one 6 inch. Gives alot of diversity with a single platform.

That way you can have a gun that jams in three calibers.

Like DrGrant said, there's lots of used ones around.

That way you can have a gun that jams in three calibers.

is this why he's smiling?

950431_100305225253_666_-_Snatch.JPG

^^ Apparently thats actually a .44mag DE. Was reading about it (because it's one of my favorite movies) on the movie firearms database.

I dunno what the OP has shot, and I certainly don't want to be condescending or anything because I am absolutely a n00b myself, but you definitely might wanna shoot some of this stuff before making any decisions. I started out shooting 9, then rented a .357 mag and shot that for a while. Then I tried a .44 mag. I have found that I am not too sensitive to recoil but at the same time...shooting .44mag is freakin craaaaaazy. .357 I have practiced enough that I can get through a couple boxes, but by the end of the box of .44 mag I was pretty much done. I can't imagine shooting a .50...though I definitely want to find out. :D

Not that there's anything wrong with shooting stuff that's fatiguing to shoot...I love it...but when you're new you probably want to put a lot of rounds down range to practice your aim and improve your technique, and it is going to be tough to do that with a BIG gun that fires EXPENSIVE ammo.

For myself, I am planning on picking up a 686 or 629 because I love shooting them but my first gun was a Sig 229 in 9 which lets me practice a lot more for a lot cheaper. I think it's a good way to go for your first gun, but your mileage may vary.

Come to a shoot. I'll set you up - and not with one of those wimpy .50AEs either.

This.

Having fired both.... .50 AE is best described as a "warm plinking cartridge" compared to some of the stuff you've created. [grin]

-Mike

A couple of things...
yes the mk xix is the interchangible one..

I have had 3, 1 in .44 and 2 50ae. I never experienced jamming issues. Some people that shot mine did experience limp wristing hang ups. but that was their issue, not the gun's.

Bullseye in Woonsocket generally has had 50 ae reloads. And he will definitely do them on an as needed bassis, if you bring in your empties.

i allways wanted one in .357 and .50ae my dads freind had one when i was a kid and i never got to shoot it but he let me mess with it and the thing was massive.

the titanium tiger stripe one is pretty cool but i could never justify the 2 grand for one i could get a brace of nice 1911's for that much

Back
Top Bottom