4th gen glock revealed

attachment.php

talk about a let down. looks the same. I actually liked the slide serrations of the rtf2, but looks like they did away with that.

Didn't m&p do something like that with the grips ( a long time ago)... wow whats next an ambi- dexterous slide stop?

the rear grip inserts are like the M&P from Smith & Wesson, change the inserts depending on your hand size.

the rear grip inserts are like the M&P from Smith & Wesson, change the inserts depending on your hand size.

I know I was being sarcastic and just pointing out that glock is copying the m&p. I took glock this long to realize that people have different size hands?

So what are the differences? I do not own a glock and thus have nothing to compare it to?

not much. Big change is the removable backstraps. Other than that just the mag release is different, and the grip is a different texture.

O, and the stupid "Gen 4" inscription on the slide.

Edit: In before derek post about this glock blowing up just as fast as the old ones (or something to the effect)[wink]

I like it.

And why are you guys saying Glock is copying S&W? You think S&W invented the interchangeable back strap?!

One of the biggest "complaints" from people is that the Glock doesn't fit their hand... Well... they listened. Doesn't get much better than that (a manufacturer listening to customers, and improving their designs as a result).

So what are the differences? I do not own a glock and thus have nothing to compare it to?

Different grip texture and replaceable backstraps. One of the criticisms of the Glock has always been that it has a large grip circumference, thus making it not as usable by folks with medium to small hands. The replaceable backstrap addresses this issue.

Different grip texture and replaceable backstraps. One of the criticisms of the Glock has always been that it has a large grip circumference, thus making it not as usable by folks with medium to small hands. The replaceable backstrap addresses this issue.

Thanks to all for the explanations. Does the grip angle seem different (maybe just a visual anamoly from the smaller backstrap)?

In any case, I will be in the market soon for a Glock 20 (I don't have any glocks and I certainly need one), so I may as well wait for a 4th gen if it becomes available in the Glock 20 model.

I like it.

And why are you guys saying Glock is copying S&W? You think S&W invented the interchangeable back strap?!

One of the biggest "complaints" from people is that the Glock doesn't fit their hand... Well... they listened. Doesn't get much better than that (a manufacturer listening to customers, and improving their designs as a result).

And it took them 12 years to start taking lefty's into account at all. Smith and wesson has had ambi controls on may models for 20+ years.

I like it.

Too bad they don't listen to all the explosions. They were going to make a M203 attachment but realized it would have been a redundant feature. [smile]

how many have really blown up?
btw, I love my Glocks

A lot, but probably a small number compared to the total amount made... .40 S+W seems to be the most common KB'ed caliber.

There's a crapload of them documented on this page...

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/gindex2.html

Even given all that it's pretty clear it's still a relatively rare occurrence.

-Mike

And we still can't buy new ones in MA.

Do we know that for a fact?

Old magazines still work, but only when mag release is on left side.

That's a good thing for us ban state guys.

Note magazine has two cut-outs to accommodate swappable mag release.

So there should be no legal issue adding the second cut-out to a pre-ban mag, right? (As long as a mag still works in the gun it was originally designed for it's legal to modify it?)

Glock brings a whole new meaning of the phrase "Exploded view". I thought it was a picture of the aftermath of one firing. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom