But either way the consensus seems to be that it’s GTG as long as it’s MA AWB compliant in its completed form… at least until the next BS law comes down the pipe.

I'll just say it like this, friendo: if you think that's the "consensus" here, then we're not being blunt enough.

I'll be succinct: the consensus is that your friend is childishly afraid of a fascist, and that if he's going to build out this firearm, he'd be best off letting his wife do it while he holds her purse.

Build your gun like a free man, enjoy it like a free man, and be safe out there.

If a cop is on here asking how a lower/(cough) assault rifle can be legal for his friend, it shows how little that they know and how f***ed we are.

Sorry, not sorry. OP I’m glad you asked. You now prove that it’s not about real laws. It’s about what you are told.

All of us western MA Leo’s can’t stand this BS… idk about the cops out east tho.
If that was true then your friend wouldn't have anything to worry about, now would he? The reality is that SOME of you "can't stand this BS". Only A FEW of you would actually refuse to enforce it when ordered to do so. MOST of you wouldn't even hesitate.

If that was true then your friend wouldn't have anything to worry about, now would he? The reality is that SOME of you "can't stand this BS". Only A FEW of you would actually refuse to enforce it when ordered to do so. MOST of you wouldn't even hesitate.
Sadly the OP has to worry for his friend. Will he worry for us….?

Yet!!! In most other states this is a non issue.

One thing to consider when contemplating regestering lowers, or considering what price to pay for a "pre-ban" lower.

The latest draft of the grandfathering exemption is for ARs (and lowers, assuming the part removing the lower/frame loophole remains in the legislation) registered prior to the HealyBan. If that wording "sticks" proving the lower was made, and even in MA, before the HealyBan may not be enough to render it legal .... and registering a lower post HealyBan is a setup for action such as prosecution; confiscation; or threats to persons not 'voluntarily' surrendering such items, or just being denounced as unsuitable at renewal time because MIRCS shows you have a registered but non-grandfathered gun.

So we have:

- Pre 86 Ban
- Pre 2016 Healy Ban without MA registration
- Pre 2016 Healy Ban with MIRCS registration

Each form of "Pre-ban" coming with it's own set of legal issues, the exact nature of which we cannot understand until the current stool of legislation passes from the legislative large intestine.

If your intent is to go 100% legal be cautious of "pre-ban" ARs that the seller cannot prove were registered pre-HealyBan. Those who prefer civil disobedience may prefer non-MIRCS ARs and lowers.

Wanna know what true tyranny is?

Having your house taken away by the .gov for not paying property taxes, or going to jail for not paying the federal gov their share of your hard earned money...Using YOUR tax dollars to fund religious and territorial wars. Giving away YOUR tax dollars to citizens of another country for doing nothing but simply arriving... Makes magazine capacity limits seem like childs play.

We(taxpayers/homeowners) are all living under tyranny.

Some of us just can't legally own standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

So just keep fooling yourself thinking freedom is owning a magazine made after some arbitrary date while the .gov takes your hard earned money, devalues it and then spends it with impunity under the threat of imprisonment..

We(taxpayers) are nothing but 21st century slaves.

I think you're being a bit harsh. At least our rulers no longer have the right to bang your wife or daughter.

Yes, I know that might be a myth, just like 9/11. [laugh]

Lmao guys I am just trying to help a friend out I do not work for Mora or any of her commie friends.. but I totally get it 😂

After the cyberattack last year that was somehow traced to Boston, of all places, some are little "gun shy".

If you're solid, the AI fueled Mod-Bots will flag your account after a couple dozen posts so that we know you're acceptable. They've probably already completed the background check, since your account is still active.

Right?

Charged with enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth but doesn't know fundamental principles of the American criminal justice system, let alone the laws in question...
That’s a lot of assumptions man. I like to think I’m pretty well versed on constituonal law but MA gun laws are far from Constitutional.

I’m not your enemy here. I’m the guy who would look the other way if you’re not hurting anyone and I know many others who share the same attitude… I know I cannot speak for all MA LEOs but I genuinely don’t know anyone who supports this nonsense.

That’s just how the law works, if you accuse someone of something, you need to prove it

Lmao guys I am just trying to help a friend out I do not work for Mora or any of her commie friends.. but I totally get it 😂

Ahh ok… interesting take.. I’m curious what this belief is based upon? That the state has the burden of proof to prove you didn’t.

Not doubting you just curious if there is any case law around this.

I am just trying to give a friend good advice, personally I am exempt from most of this nonsense (LE) *for now* - until the decide to come after us too.

All of us western MA Leo’s can’t stand this BS… idk about the cops out east tho.

Amazing LEO doesn’t know basic law, or assumes people need to prove their innocence.
And in a round about way, as an LEO, you Kinda work for Maura

I appreciate your honesty and they you don’t agree with some laws,
but you’d be doing a lousy job if you don’t enforce laws, just or unjust.
And we trust you’ll do your job push comes to shove

This post explains a lot.

Right?

Charged with enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth but doesn't know fundamental principles of the American criminal justice system, let alone the laws in question...
Amazing LEO doesn’t know basic law, or assumes people need to prove their innocence.

I appreciate your honesty and they you don’t agree with the law, but you’d be doing a lousy job if you don’t enforce laws, just or unjust.

Isn't that by design? They make this sh*t confusing on purpose for exactly this reason. Guy came in here (regardless of intent) and asked what should be a simple question and got half a dozen different answers.

@Bluestateblues413 Is your Chief a part of the Chiefs association that signed onto this pending abomination of gun control in the state?

Sadly the OP has to worry for his friend. Will he worry for us….?

Yet!!! In most other states this is a non issue.
I do worry for you.. it’s bullshit and wish I could do more to change it but I am just one cog in the machine. Like I said. Been plotting my exit for some time now - both from the job and the state.

I appreciate your honesty and they you don’t agree with some laws,
but you’d be doing a lousy job if you don’t enforce laws, just or unjust.
When push comes to shove I’ll be at home getting my family ready to dissapear into friendlier territory.

Isn't that by design? They make this sh*t confusing on purpose for exactly this reason. Guy came in here (regardless of intent) and asked what should be a simple question and got half a dozen different answers.

@Bluestateblues413 Is your Chief a part of the Chiefs association that signed onto this pending abomination of gun control in the state?
Don’t know for sure if my chief is but I sincerely doubt it.

Don’t know for sure if my chief is but I sincerely doubt it.
You should ask. And if he is you and your cop buddies that are 2A supporters and good guys should let him know how much of a tyrant he is. And if he isn't you should ask why he didn't speak out against it publicly.

As for your question it ultimately comes down to whatever risk your friend is willing to tolerate.

OP is a LEO?

FUUUUUU*CK. NES WAS RIGHT!

🔥

200w (13).gif

Of course he was lying about his friend. You must suck at your job if you have to come here pretending you have a friend (which is the stupidest sh*t anyone can say when asking stupid questions) and asking NES to educate you. Come on dude, try a little harder. Don't you know someone in the gov you can call? ... maybe go to the town library and look at the MA laws?

Who are you trying to arrest?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom