OP is a LEO?

FUUUUUU*CK. NES WAS RIGHT!

🔥

View attachment 860486

Of course he was lying about his friend. You must suck at your job if you have to come here pretending you have a friend (which is the stupidest sh*t anyone can say when asking stupid questions) and asking NES to educate you. Come on dude, try a little harder. Don't you know someone in the gov you can call? ... maybe go to the town library and look at the MA laws?

Who are you trying to arrest?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

Wait, you want him to enforce unconstitutional laws?
No I expect him to do his job, collect his paycheck and be subordinate so he gets his pension
My (our) wants have nothing to do with it.
We live in a state with these laws. We have to take responsibility for staying here.
You can blame cops all you want, it’s not going to change YOUR disposition

But if we’re in fantasy land I want cops to know basic law, like we’re innocent till proven guilty
You can read this however you want, I’m saying I don’t trust him, or any other cop to “look the other way”

OP is a LEO?

FUUUUUU*CK. NES WAS RIGHT!

🔥

View attachment 860486

Of course he was lying about his friend. You must suck at your job if you have to come here pretending you have a friend (which is the stupidest sh*t anyone can say when asking stupid questions) and asking NES to educate you. Come on dude, try a little harder. Don't you know someone in the gov you can call? ... maybe go to the town library and look at the MA laws?

Who are you trying to arrest?
My god dude put down the bong. No need to be so paranoid. No one is trying to arrest anyone. Its legitimate. Most of my non-LE friends got MA compliant rifles before the Healy nonsense. One of them did not. Some other friends have stripped lowers still. Just trying to figure out if there is a way we can “legally” get our one buddy who is lacking a rifle before any more BS comes down. 100% true story and IDC if u believe me or not. Not every LEO is out to shoot your dog. Good grief.

My god dude put down the bong. No need to be so paranoid. No one is trying to arrest anyone. Its legitimate. Most of my non-LE friends got MA compliant rifles before the Healy nonsense. One of them did not. Some other friends have stripped lowers still. Just trying to figure out if there is a way we can “legally” get our one buddy who is lacking a rifle before any more BS comes down. 100% true story and IDC if u believe me or not. Not every LEO is out to shoot your dog. Good grief.
Do you have any Glocks for sale? Asking for a friend.

No I expect him to do his job, collect his paycheck and be subordinate so he gets his pension
My (our) wants have nothing to do with it.
We live in a state with these laws. We have to take responsibility for staying here.
You can blame cops all you want, it’s not going to change YOUR disposition

But if we’re in fantasy land I want cops to know basic law, like we’re innocent till proven guilty
You can read this however you want, I’m saying I don’t trust him, or any other cop to “look the other way”
You understand that cops have discretion too right? We don’t *have* to make an arrest or file charges for anything besides a restraining order violation.

I have look the other way all the time. The amount of people I *could* have charged with improper storage or something like that, but chose to simply advise them on proper storage and leave it at that.

I work in a small town mostly populated by like minded folks. There are still decent cops out there wether you choose to believe it or not.

We will ALL be in the same boat when the economy collapses or they finally pull the plug and blame Russia.

You understand that cops have discretion too right? We don’t *have* to make an arrest or file charges for anything besides a restraining order violation.

I have look the other way all the time. The amount of people I *could* have charged with improper storage or something like that, but chose to simply advise them on proper storage and leave it at that.

I work in a small town mostly populated by like minded folks. There are still decent cops out there wether you choose to believe it or not.

We will ALL be in the same boat when the economy collapses or they finally pull the plug and blame Russia.
Please man don’t take this personally, because I’m not personally attacking you or criticizing you. It takes all sorts of people to do all sorts of jobs.

Unless every single one of you is willing to look the other way, it doesn’t really matter

If the economy collapses, or we are invaded by a foreign nation, the rats who run this country, will absolutely make sure that the police are paid to protect them

I don't think anyone doubts that on an individual level there are some good cops out there - I've met some and I'm shot with some. But I also know that if, for example, I get red flagged, there will be more than enough cops that will do as they're told and show up to confiscate my legally owned property. The good cops don't have critical mass.

I don't think anyone doubts that on an individual level there are some good cops out there - I've met some and I'm shot with some. But I also know that if, for example, I get red flagged, there will be more than enough cops that will do as they're told and show up to confiscate my legally owned property. The good cops don't have critical mass.
I have thankfully met some good cops and only a couple of nipple heads.

I have thankfully met some good cops and only a couple of nipple heads.
Bet you still feel uneasy when there's a cruiser driving behind you... Most of the time it'll be ok but then one time he'll pull you over for a made-up reason and treat you like trash (speaking of experience). You just never know.

Bet you still feel uneasy when there's a cruiser driving behind you... Most of the time it'll be ok but then one time he'll pull you over for a made-up reason and treat you like trash (speaking of experience). You just never know.
I haven’t been pulled over in over 20 years.

That is not to discredit your point. My starfish gets twitching when I come over a rise at 80 and see him watching traffic.

JFC people need to stop asking the police for legal advice.

Not my circus or monkey any more, but build the gun and FA-10 it when it's capable of firing a shot. That is the actual law.
From the Portal:
Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Massachusetts General Law c. 140, §§128A and 128B, requires all individuals who sell, transfer, inherit, or lose a firearm to report the sale, transfer, inheritance, or loss of the firearms to the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services Firearms Records Bureau (FRB).

Where in 128A or 128B does it cover manufacture?

[...]I like to think I’m pretty well versed on constituonal law [...]
You asked us where the government's duty to proove guilt comes from. You might review your notes before saying that in the future. If that's a hole in your knowledge it seems safe there are others that are equally important as the presumption of innocence.

Wait, you want him to enforce unconstitutional laws?
"Just following orders"

From the Portal:

Where in 128A or 128B does it cover manufacture?
Come now, we both know that PMFs are not manufactured. Still, I'm with you.

Of course, the portal doesn't actually quote the law:
MGL c. 140 s.128B said:
Any resident of the commonwealth who purchases or obtains a firearm[...]

Last edited:
I don't think there's any case law that defines the word "obtain" as it is used here, is there?
And the rest of the section states seller or donor - nothing in the section speaks to personal manufacturing.
128B also requires written notice which is no longer possible.
If the legislature had wanted private manufacturers to report to the portal then why didn't they add that to the law

Yet many of us are somewhat amazed that an AG's (Maura at the time) opinion shared with the major local newspaper is somehow considered law. Mass adopted the US AWB, which was later dropped by the US but retained by Mass. The law as it is written and adopted is the 1998 Mass AWB clone of that 1994 US AWB. Comply with that and you are legal. Register your AR's or whatever all day long and...

8iysmm.jpg

Seriously, how much commission did Reptile promise you?

For what it's worth, I have a pretty big circle of LEO friends and family including my closest friends. Though there are a lot of knee-jerk ACAB types on the forum, I'm not one of them.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean. It was just a stripped lower so a MA FA-10 was never done.. only the federal form. But either way the consensus seems to be that it’s GTG as long as it’s MA AWB compliant in its completed form… at least until the next BS law comes down the pipe.
another consensus, that which seeks to obey the law, says to put it together quickly and register it so that if the new law passes, its already registered.

It's best to assemble it with an existing post ban upper you already own. register it, then take it apart again.

The reason for this is that if this garbage bill becomes a law, everything will be an AW and at that point you could build it up in a pre-ban configuration because it's already an AW. It can't become more of an AW

hmmm, never thought of deleting the thread title to make the bad things stop happening.
the question has been answered. A lot of shit slinging in here now. I don’t really care but I’m sure the forum mods don’t appreciate the drama. I would have deleted the thread but it doesn’t seem to want to allow me to do that was my solution. Appreciate the input, and all the snark.
another consensus, that which seeks to obey the law, says to put it together quickly and register it so that if the new law passes, its already registered.

It's best to assemble it with an existing post ban upper you already own. register it, then take it apart again.

The reason for this is that if this garbage bill becomes a law, everything will be an AW and at that point you could build it up in a pre-ban configuration because it's already an AW. It can't become more of an AW
I’m not so sure about that… if you read the new law it has a line about Healy’s bullshit basically saying everything will be grandfathered *IF* it was in the state and registered before 07/20/2016.

Absolute nonsense.

My friend is just going to have to decide for himself how much risk he is willing to take. I was only trying to get him an answer, believe me I asked around my LEO circles first and NO ONE knows the answer. Which is why I came here.

We are all just as baffled and annoyed by her bullshit as all of you are.

the question has been answered. A lot of shit slinging in here now. I don’t really care but I’m sure the forum mods don’t appreciate the drama. I would have deleted the thread but it doesn’t seem to want to allow me to do that was my solution. Appreciate the input, and all the snark.

I’m not so sure about that… if you read the new law it has a line about Healy’s bullshit basically saying everything will be grandfathered *IF* it was in the state and registered before 07/20/2016.

Absolute nonsense.

My friend is just going to have to decide for himself how much risk he is willing to take. I was only trying to get him an answer, believe me I asked around my LEO circles first and NO ONE knows the answer. Which is why I came here.

You wont have to worry for long.

There will be terrible laws on the books soon.

You can comply or see where the courts take this.

IF they grandfather AFTER the law goes into effect - the Mill will sell out of lowers.

Absolute nonsense.

Thick skin is needed on the site. You lite a firecracker and dropped it in a fireworks factory with this question and threw gasoline on it by saying your a Leo. It’s hard to help you when your the one that is supposed to be upholding the laws and you don’t even know them either. You said your buddies all have rifles. So I’m sure they all have their level of how far they will push it. Your friend needs to read up as much as he can and make his own choice as to what he is willing to do. Honestly it does not help that your a Leo even if you say you can make discretionary choices. I think you paycheck and Bennie’s will supersede that.

You wont have to worry for long.

There will be terrible laws on the books soon.

You can comply or see where the courts take this.

IF they grandfather AFTER the law goes into effect - the Mill will sell out of lowers.
20230805_152853.jpg
Who are you kidding? There are terrible laws already on the "books".

Stop mentioning grandfathering like it means anything.

Back
Top Bottom