Cant seem to find a straight answer on this anywhere. Obviously the completed gun would be MA AWB compliant (pinned stock/muzzle device) is this allowed still? Forgive me I’m sure this has been asked numerous times I did search the forum first but couldn’t seem to find this exact scenario - stripped lower purchased pre 7/20/16 but never completed

Maura Healey Massachusetts GIF by GIPHY News

Lmao guys I am just trying to help a friend out I do not work for Mora or any of her commie friends.. but I totally get it 😂
If you’re the gun friend he asks questions to and this is the question he’s asking, I don’t think your friend can be helped, lol.

Last edited:
Can Maura “Scissors” Healy make law ? Or does or legislature hold the power to screw honest citizens ?
Depends on who you consult with. If you ask many FFLs in Mass, then Maura et al certainly do make laws just like a king makes Laws. Real lawyer will correctly tell you "hell no, she doesn't make laws." Having said that, it still might cost you big $$$$$ to get a judge to agree with your lawyer in Mass ha ha.

If you believe Healey’s original announcement in 2016 and subsequent FAQ and letter from lead gun council Gary Klein - it’s legal.

However she also stated that she can change her mind at any time.

This was an edict that had no written law behind it.

The new gun bill might not grandfather pre Healey’s. Or, might not grandfather and guns registered before the new bill goes into effect.

Some people FA10ed post Healey AR’s but haven’t gotten in trouble.

The question remains if a new registration scheme is created. That could potentially give us amnesty like in CT.

There are so many lowers out there that they can’t arrest everyone and they don’t want to go door to door to confiscate.

We all need to wait what the new bill will say if you want to stay legal.

Some people don’t care.

Any ban will eventually make it way through the courts but it could take years.

If you believe Healey’s original announcement in 2016 and subsequent FAQ and letter from lead gun council Gary Klein - it’s legal.

However she also stated that she can change her mind at any time.

This was an edict that had no written law behind it.

The new gun bill might not grandfather pre Healey’s. Or, might not grandfather and guns registered before the new bill goes into effect.

Some people FA10ed post Healey AR’s but haven’t gotten in trouble.

The question remains if a new registration scheme is created. That could potentially give us amnesty like in CT.

There are so many lowers out there that they can’t arrest everyone and they don’t want to go door to door to confiscate.

We all need to wait what the new bill will say if you want to stay legal.

Some people don’t care.

Any ban will eventually make it way through the courts but it could take years.
This is the tone of how I read this

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etBRqzt7OqY

Based on the number of people arrested and prosecuted (zero) for building POST 2016 ARs, I'd say you are good to go.

Just make sure it's compliant with the actual AWB and don't worry about the "guidance".
I'd venture to guess that roughly 500k ARs have been bought or built since 2016 - with likely more than half of them being "registered" in the online portal. I like those odds 😏

Why can't your friend join and post?

Are you also teaching him how to use the internet?
Careful, you’ll be accused of putting someone down just to make you feel better about yourself (see post 14). Seriously, virtually every response has been mocking the OP and I’m the one that get called out 😂😂😂. Must have triggered someone, lol.

Back
Top Bottom