4473: Alternative Proof of Residency - NH

Quick one. OTHER THAN a hunting/fishing license what is acceptable in NH for proof of residency? Will a car registration work? I have a super old address on my DL so for a couple years I've usedy fishing license but now I have a brand new address that I changed at the PO, receive mail to and is on my car registration but not my fishing license. Can I use car registration? I don't have a passport.

Why do you want proof of residency? Seem clear that you ain't a resident. As Archie Bunker would say, you're an occupant. Jack.
Proof of current physical address on the 4473. I've lived in NH my whole life. I have a new address. It's not mysterious. Lol

My bad, my advice was for the DMV.
Yeah my fault I should've mentioned 4473. Anyways I'm hoping to avoid having to renew/get a new fishing license, if that's even possible before it expires. And I'm certainly not renewing my license prematurely, especially after visiting the DMV 2 days after the Manchester office 5-day covid exposure a month ago. That sucked. I'm hoping I can use my car registration.

Yeah my fault I should've mentioned 4473. Anyways I'm hoping to avoid having to renew/get a new fishing license, if that's even possible before it expires. And I'm certainly not renewing my license prematurely, especially after visiting the DMV 2 days after the Manchester office 5-day covid exposure a month ago. That sucked. I'm hoping I can use my car registration.
It can be tough. I had a second home in NH for over 40 years and the bastards would never sell me a resident hunting/fishing license or resident LTC because the tax and utility bills were sent to a Mass address. Jack.

Can you request an updated DL from DMV via Email or Web with current address? The cost shouldn't be too much.
Possibly but I need it rather imminently. I have a rifle arriving at my LGS today or tomorrow. I called up Bass Pro and asked if I could replace mine with a current address so I'll just go that route. Even if it costs me a few bucks it's better than finding out I can't use my registration, and we all know I'll get my money's worth as far as FFL transfers lol

Welp. That didn't work. They can't change the address for the year once it's already in the system. At least it didn't cost me anything to figure that out. Well here's to hoping they'll take a car registration. Does NICS actually even "verify" your address? I know, how dare I ask something like that.

Last thing I need is a huge issue obtaining this Sam7r I've been waiting forever to get.

Quick one. OTHER THAN a hunting/fishing license what is acceptable in NH for proof of residency? Will a car registration work? I have a super old address on my DL so for a couple years I've usedy fishing license but now I have a brand new address that I changed at the PO, receive mail to and is on my car registration but not my fishing license. Can I use car registration? I don't have a passport.
If you’ve lived in NH your entire life, why can’t you use your DL with the old address?

If you’ve lived in NH your entire life, why can’t you use your DL with the old address?
It needs to be your current physical address. If that's not the one on your DL, you need an otherwise accepted form/paper showing the physical address you're claiming.

Does NICS actually even "verify" your address? I know, how dare I ask something like that.
No. The dealer verifies that the address you put down on the 4473 matches your ID.

After you get your NH residency figured out get a passport. Every US citizen should have a passport....always.
No one should need a passport....ever.

No. The dealer verifies that the address you put down on the 4473 matches your ID.

No one should need a passport....ever.
Shouldn't need a passport? Like when I travel internationally? Pretty sure you must have a passport for that, at least to enter the EU, UK, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Iceland, and so on.

IIRC we used to accept mail from the new address if it had the post forwarding label from the post office on it. Otherwise like, Jack said, utility bill with the new address and in your name should do.

IIRC we used to accept mail from the new address if it had the post forwarding label from the post office on it. Otherwise like, Jack said, utility bill with the new address and in your name should do.

The shop called me to pick it up and they said I could in fact use my vehicle registration. This must be that gun control they're always talking about. I'm sure my neighbors feel much safer now that I almost had to work for my legal purchase.

1775 is when the first version of a Passport in what would become the United States was created by Benjamin Franklin, based upon a French version.
That was more of an ID document. Passports didn't become common until WWI, and the modern U.S. passport didn't happen until 1926. Even then it largely wasn't required unless traveling to Europe, except during war.

It wasn't until 1978 that passports were required to enter or leave the U.S. during peacetime.

Back
Top Bottom