430,000 From MA are prohibited persons

BriMac

Dealer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...90643c-ced1-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html

"Federal law enforcement officials say that about 430,000 names of wanted people removed from the database were from Massachusetts.

Commissioner James Slater of the Massachusetts Department of Criminal Justice Information Services said that the reason that his state had so many fugitives in the FBI database is that state policy required sending the bureau the names of all people with an outstanding warrant, whether it was for misdemeanors or felonies"

“I would imagine 99 percent of Americans don’t want people who have a warrant out on them to be able to buy a gun,” Chipman said. “I can’t believe there is a constituency for wanted people. Wanted people are particularly dangerous. They’ve already proven that they’ll break the law.”

Apparently Chipman thinks if you don't pay a speeding ticket and end up with a bench warrant, you're a super dangerous criminal.

Maybe Chipman should ask why there are so many laws that 430,000 people HAVE WARRANTS IN HIS STATE.

"Before the FBI memo, there were about 500,000 people identified as fugitives from justice in the database..."
"Federal law enforcement officials say that about 430,000 names of wanted people removed from the database were from Massachusetts."
Are these numbers correct? Could it be that 86% of all outstanding warrants in the NICS database are from Massachusetts alone?

No worries! I feel safer now that they all have been added back in so that would be 430,000 from MA and 70 from the rest of the country?
"Because Massachusetts state law prevents fugitives from buying guns, those individuals have now been added back to the federal database under the “state prohibitor” category and will be prevented from purchasing a firearm, he said."

"Before the FBI memo, there were about 500,000 people identified as fugitives from justice in the database..."
"Federal law enforcement officials say that about 430,000 names of wanted people removed from the database were from Massachusetts."
Are these numbers correct? Could it be that 86% of all outstanding warrants in the NICS database are from Massachusetts alone?
Yes. We are all criminals in this state. It is 12:18 and I'm sure I already broke at least 3 laws and don't even know it.

How can I tell if I'm a fugitive from justice?

Is there a number I can call or something?

I mean, I'm scared to just go buy a gun now cuz if it turns out I'm a fugitive then I'm totally screwed! There has to be a gentler, kinder way to find out!

“I can’t believe there is a constituency for wanted people. Wanted people are particularly dangerous. They’ve already proven that they’ll break the law.”

Guilty until proven innocent, much?

And, 430,000 names from MA. What is that, 6% of the state population? Something seriously wrong here with "their system".

How can I tell if I'm a fugitive from justice?

Is there a number I can call or something?

I mean, I'm scared to just go buy a gun now cuz if it turns out I'm a fugitive then I'm totally screwed! There has to be a gentler, kinder way to find out!

Dont respond to any letters that you won a free TV

I just happen to read this and laughed my ass off with 430K from MA. Just shows you how anti gun MA is. I am glad I moved North to a free state. I don't miss MA at all with its messed up anti gun media, AG and Pols. Sadly little help has come from the pro gun groups. Its going to get to the point to if you own a firearm it will be like England it will only be for hunting.

Look at this BS with the Gun parlor dropping dimes on target sports usa shipping ammo. Its totally legal to ship but soon as the AG gets her fingers into it your SOL no company will ship after getting a nasty letter from her. And you see and hear nothing from Pro gun groups that people put a ton of money into. The whole shipping ammo thing as been in the lap of GOAL for a long time and they have done nothing to get the issue cleared up. But keep paying money to them seeing they need new offices, higher pay roll and new cars from your money. All the money your pay them save it up and move to a free state is the only way things with change for you.

I just happen to read this and laughed my ass off with 430K from MA. Just shows you how anti gun MA is. I am glad I moved North to a free state. I don't miss MA at all with its messed up anti gun media, AG and Pols. Sadly little help has come from the pro gun groups. Its going to get to the point to if you own a firearm it will be like England it will only be for hunting.

Look at this BS with the Gun parlor dropping dimes on target sports usa shipping ammo. Its totally legal to ship but soon as the AG gets her fingers into it your SOL no company will ship after getting a nasty letter from her. And you see and hear nothing from Pro gun groups that people put a ton of money into. The whole shipping ammo thing as been in the lap of GOAL for a long time and they have done nothing to get the issue cleared up. But keep paying money to them seeing they need new offices, higher pay roll and new cars from your money. All the money your pay them save it up and move to a free state is the only way things with change for you.
Here we go...

Show me on the doll where the guys from GOAL (Gay Officers Action League) touched you.

“I can’t believe there is a constituency for wanted people. Wanted people are particularly dangerous. They’ve already proven that they’ll break the law.”

Guilty until proven innocent, much?

And, 430,000 names from MA. What is that, 6% of the state population? Something seriously wrong here with "their system".

THIS! WTF? How does 6% of any states population end up on a 'wanted' unless their system is completely FUBAR?

With that attitude you should change your name to Frenchman77.

54A38D96-D87C-4776-A4E5-2DE8B3B52783.gif
All the money your pay them save it up and move to a free state is the only way things with change for you.

Attachments

• 5980C450-E28F-4596-8FE7-B64A59F835DF.gif
    5980C450-E28F-4596-8FE7-B64A59F835DF.gif
    874.8 KB · Views: 3
From the article: "The names were taken out after the FBI in February changed its legal interpretation of 'fugitive from justice' to say it pertains only to wanted people who have crossed state lines."

Ok...

So since the definition of "Fugitive from Justice" implies that the person is unreachable by LE, how would LE even know whether or not - at least in many cases - that person has crossed state lines???

This simply once again reinforces the argument that there is really only one way to keep violent people from having ANY kind of weapon and endangering the lives of innocent Americans. That way ONCE AGAIN is to arrest, convict and incarcerate them and then KEEP THEM REMOVED FROM FREE SOCIETY, indefinitely if necessary!

all states prevent a fugitive from purchasing a gun, it is a question on the 4473

Depends on what the definition of "fugitive" is. Some f***y states issue bench warrants for traffic
violations, etc. Often times you will never be notified about this until "you go to do something" that causes
that status to be pinged, etc.

-Mike

Paywall:

Please tell me what I missed.

Absolutely nothing. Entire story is much ado about nothing, because it just talks about the event in toddler terms without entering into a discussion of what a "fugitive" is or how it is defined in this particular case.

-Mike

Here we go...

Show me on the doll where the guys from GOAL (Gay Officers Action League) touched you.
:D

Mmm and out of these 400,000+ I bet half if not more already own a gun. The gun laws in this State are a joke..lowell sun last week kid got caught with a sawd off shotgun $3000 bail, back on the street...all about the money, after all that's why the law is there in the first place to extrct your dollars.

Back
Top Bottom