3D printing

Looking for a loader. Not a holder
Ha, my bad, sorry. I’m 1/2 awake propped up in bed! I found this one online, seems like a straight forward design. I’ll play around with making something like this next week and report back. But before I march off do you have any ideas, designs, types you prefer?

Ha, my bad, sorry. I’m 1/2 awake propped up in bed! I found this one online, seems like a straight forward design. I’ll play around with making something like this next week and report back. But before I march off do you have any ideas, designs, types you prefer?
Thats exactly what I'm looking for

Thats exactly what I'm looking for
Large layer heights, slow speeds and high temps help a lot.
You are looking at maximizing layer adhesion on the part that compresses the mag spring

I haven't tried this one but it is designed to try to address the issue

Large layer heights, slow speeds and high temps help a lot.
You are looking at maximizing layer adhesion on the part that compresses the mag spring

I haven't tried this one but it is designed to try to address the issue
Printing that one now. Thanks

And since I’m on this thread. I finally printed a faux light and optic for my faux pew pew. You can even insert a mag into it. Fit is almost one to one. Feel is way way off as it’s so light, but it’s a just for fun print.
Slice with minimal infill, pause the print at appropriate times, pour in iron filings or play sand (Iron is preferred because you can clean it out of the printer with just a magnet)

Two versions that can be printed as a single part (place window on bed and enable tree supports touching bed)

PM me an email for the STL files

Attachments

• 1911 Loader - finger holes.png
    1911 Loader - finger holes.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 1911 Loader v3.png
    1911 Loader v3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
What plastic? One of the more exotic plastics might hold up better.

Best option is the "insert" design, print the insert in Orange PETG, drop it into fired brass.
I agree. I made some for a few people and the problem with the all plastic ones is that the extractor would crack the rims fairly quickly.

I've done TPU 22lr dummy rounds - didn't run them to failure because I didn't want to screw up my firing pin or barrel.
PLA bullets work very well for dummy rounds - could probably print a TPU primer that takes enough strikes to make printing them worth it.

The glass filled polymide from Polymaker was the strongest last I checked and they also have cf, depending what direction you want strength in.

Most of the cf nylon was too brittle and crap

The glass filled polymide from Polymaker was the strongest last I checked and they also have cf, depending what direction you want strength in.
Most of the cf nylon was too brittle and crap
not sure, if you talk about PolyMide™ PA6-GF - i did read about it that is is not holding even 100deg C - deforms while boiling.

as it goes at $100 per 2kg - i did not want to experiment with it after reading that.

My next toy.
i am using for quite a while - 3 months - rooted k1 max that has standard klipper interface, slicing with orca - works amazingly well, and nothing proprietary needed at all.

Back
Top Bottom