• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

pre-healey ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbravehog

NES Member
looking up the AR's in the Rifle Classifieds shows many "Pre-Healey ban" ARs (7/20/16) being sold in MA (cash FtF, eFA-10). I was under the impression this was a no-no.

• [h=1]pre-[/h][h=3][/h]

1.a prefix occurring originally in loanwords from Latin, where it meant“before” ( preclude; prevent); applied freely as a prefix, with themeanings “prior to,” “in advance of,” “early,” “beforehand,” “before,”“in front of,” and with other figurative meanings ( preschool; prewar;prepay; preoral; prefrontal).

I guess we'll find out when/if the prosecutions begin.

Of course if no one is prosecuted based on her statement that they won't be, how will they justify prosecuting others (assuming you can find a dealer willing to sell). There is nothing in the law that provides a 7/20 exemption.

There's a Healey ban?

When did that happen?

No one ever tells me anything around here. [sad2]

"The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.
The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance."

For ****s sake, this is the only part of the whole ****ing guidance that's ****ing clear.

looking up the AR's in the Rifle Classifieds shows many "Pre-Healey ban" ARs (7/20/16) being sold in MA (cash FtF, eFA-10). I was under the impression this was a no-no.

Nobody really knows, this "pre healy ban" nostrum has been derived from hearsay from the AGs office, of course her ban is hearsay, too, and not real law. Nobody will really know anything unless she actually tries to prosecute someone, but so far it's basically been an empty threat.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom